• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions for January 2015

Buddy sold his mini 14 and still has a bunch of prebans for it. Comforting to know he purchased them personally in the early 90's. Made a deal we were both happy with. Mag capacity plus $10. I guess these 20s were top notch back then (precision mag industries). 30 and 40 are no marked. He has 3/30s and one more 40 left I will be picking up soon.

sent wth crapatalk please pardon any autosubjects

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422728406340.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422728406340.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 76
Haha thanks! I'll try and stay away from excessive gun purchases in the future and enjoy this one for a while.
Good luck with that. At first this sounds easy, but it just gets worse and worse. Got my license in august of 2013.
f0e1bcca9b4d78653054e04a9d3eaaa7.jpg

Good luck with that. At first this sounds easy, but it just gets worse and worse. Got my license in august of 2013.

Whoa. I guess time will tell how quickly I buy another gun. When I do, I'll be posting about it on here somewhere.

FN45T_zps0a81290c.jpg

snuck this FN into January, picked it up Saturday from Old Glory Guns and Ammo. Friendliest staff I have encountered in a gun store to date.

Also my 3 year old sig in there just cause.

FN45T_zps0a81290c.jpg

snuck this FN into January, picked it up Saturday from Old Glory Guns and Ammo. Friendliest staff I have encountered in a gun store to date.

Also my 3 year old sig in there just cause.

My next handgun is going to be one of those FN's. They feel so nice in your hand, I dont even mind the DA or that its a .45.

Yes it is a common problem with ACOG's and yes they are serialized; Google "ACOG stolen military". They are also counterfeited quite often, to the point that Trijicon has a serial number service where they will verify authenticity and who it was sold to. Trijicon also has a disclaimer as a result of both issues:

"Disclaimer for Purchasing USED Trijicon Products

Any Trijicon product purchased in the second-hand (USED) marketplace should be considered a "buyer beware" situation. Trijicon cannot confirm nor deny that any product is legitimate when being purchased in the USED marketplace. There are various reasons why a potential purchaser of any USED product should be cautious. These include many fakes or forgeries of products, as well as the possibility of the USED product being stolen goods. Please do not contact us to determine if a potential purchase is authentic. We can only determine authenticity if we have the product in-hand at our factory. Trijicon strongly recommends purchasing new Trijicon products from an Authorized Trijicon Retailer."

The tritium is warranted for 15 years from date of purchase but only to the original purchaser. If the scope is 10 years old and the tritium starts to fade, you can send the scope in for a repair/replacement tritium module. If you are not the original purchaser or if it is out of warranty, that tritium insert costs $5-600.

The worst part is that if you send in a stolen ACOG for service, they will confiscate the optic and report you to the DOD.

Ask me how I know: "...therefore, if your scope were sent in for repair, we may be required to report the serial number to the Department of Defense Investigation Group. You may contact them if you would like. They will determine if this product was removed from government inventory or not. ... As a rule of thumb, we warn against purchasing a military Acog due to these reasons."

That was a fun day.

Oh DAMN. Glad I'm content to just stick with boring old iron sights.

Figured I'd post it here because he got here at the end of January. A gift from my daughter. Making me a little older, and giving me another reason to smile.

Yep, I'm a grandfather now.

I honestly can't wait to buy him his first rifle.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1424134820880.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1424134820880.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 43
Figured I'd post it here because he got here at the end of January. A gift from my daughter. Making me a little older, and giving me another reason to smile.

Congrats Ray!

Congrats from both of us Ray.

He has that devilish look in his eyes. Takes after his Grandpa? [wink]

Congratulations Ray!

that's awesome, cute kid.

Congratulations Ray. I have another grandson in the oven (already have one who is beyond cool) and looking forward to it. I need these kids to pas my gun collection on too

WTF is wrong with me. I bought 300 rounds of this stuff due to the excellent price at WalMart.

ZQ+box+7.61+51+one.png

And I don't have a 308 rifle...

Yet... [wink]

Back
Top Bottom