• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions for January 2014

Now back to guns...... I have not bought a new gun but did pick up more parts for my AR build.

de4ehehu.jpg

Thats the Fortis Hammer charging handle
usu8y9e6.jpg

Strike Industries Checkmate Muzzle Brake.

BCM gas block

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Beautiful car. Beautiful gun. I am contemplating my next acquisition. Thinking it may be a Hk 416. I have been offered a true Hk 416 lower. Lots of money though. Spent all my free cash on the PSG1.

My Custom Remington 700 Police 300 Win Mag in Remington MSR chassis.
u4abumer.jpg

Picture from shooting it yesterday at the range.

Nice man - you will have to let me know what you think of it…. when you going to hit the range with it - send me a message :)

Nice man - you will have to let me know what you think of it…. when you going to hit the range with it - send me a message :)

Already hit the range with it this past weekend to zero it and try it out at 200/300. Nothing like smacking the steel plate at 300 with every shot! [smile] I should be hitting the range again this weekend, not sure which day yet.

ta6yje7a.jpg

The weaver scope bases finally came in and also picked up the scope rings. The American .22 I've had for some time and the scope my old man have to me a few months back.

jy6ehydu.jpg

Buddy gave me this box of junk today lol . I wanna say I have at least 500$ in endmills, r8 collets , counter sinks and the two drill chucks . Endmills etc are all new just not in the sleeves. Half the collets are new also.

All I asked for was some spare collets . Not a set lol .

my 96 cherokee is getting a little tired, so she's being retired to farm duty. this is the new daily. 07 tacoma TRD with a 6 speed manual.

1545566_10152360408447018_197230475_n.jpg

i ordered some hi tek lube from bayou bullets.
poly coating as use on bayou bullets, black bullets international etc.
basically turns your home cast bullets into bullets that work like plated. no lube, no mess, totally enclosed lead, all that jazz.
a liter ($68 plus shipping) coats about 29,0000 9mm
super easy to use. they make different color coatings, donnie sent the gold
this is after a first coat. i'll put another coat on and size them tonight.
i'll probably put together a thread on this in the reloading forum

Nice. I think it was $475. Not sure though. He did have a few nice old smiths there. I really likes the model 67 k frame adjustable sight 38 special. Great piece.
Nice score man

Mr Spangler - can you post a How-to post in the DIY on the coating - it looks interesting enough that others might appreciate the info

check out the reloading section. i started a thread on it. very cool product. i coated some 148 grain wadcutters last night with great results. i'm going to try 3 thin coats instead of 2 thicker ones. i hear it leaves a smoother finish. not that my finish is bad at all, just not as pleasing to the eye. the finish smooths out and polished up when and if you run them through a sizer.

Slipped in the door from the Brown truck the last day of the month. Almost matching bcd41 K98k Norwegian 30/06 conversion; the butt plate and rear sight leaf are not original.

T.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom