New Acquisitions for January 2010

I picked this up back in October or November
P1181601.jpg

This was my Grandfathers trap gun. I got it from him over the weekend. Due to his health he can longer shoot.[sad]
P1181607.jpg

P1181613.jpg

I guess I will be learning a little about trap this spring.[smile]

Well I've had a busy month for acquisitions: first was the Glock 29 posted early in the thread, then I picked up this DeSantis Pro Stealth holster to carry while I wait for my FIST holster to arrive. I had E 74 hardware failure on my Xbox 360, so I tried the x-clamp replacement fix, but that didn't resolve the issue, so I picked up a new 360 Elite console. Lastly, tonight I bought 100 rounds of 10mm from Bass Pro Shops from a girl who looked a hell of a lot like Taylor Swift.

IMG_0715.jpg

Here is the before. I was pretty upset when I opened the box, but thanks to some of the great people on NES and on the CMP forums I was able to learn how to fix it up and make it look good. I stripped all the finish off, lightly sanded the rough spots, coated it with mineral oil a few times to bring the wood back then sealed it with a couple coats of tung oil.

InlandCarbine001.jpg

My mistake. That's what I get for trying to read a forum on an iphone..

btw - the after photo looks a lot better than the before[grin]

Traded my tupperware (G22) for this:

S&W CS9 in original case, 2 mags, original paperwork, certificate of accuracy, & its absolutely flawless!!! I'm talking looks to have 1 mag fired through it and put in the safe flawless!!!!!!! (can ya tell I'm pumped) I've been looking for one of these for SO long...

DSC01735.JPG

DSC017431.JPG

DSC017441.JPG

DSC017451.JPG

DSC01751.JPG

DSC017531.JPG

Traded my tupperware (G22) for this:

S&W CS9 in original case, 2 mags, original paperwork, certificate of accuracy, & its absolutely flawless!!! I'm talking looks to have 1 mag fired through it and put in the safe flawless!!!!!!! (can ya tell I'm pumped) I've been looking for one of these for SO long...

Those are great little guns. Congratulations. A great choice!

Fresh from the CMP

Fresh out of the box 1,930,0XX if I read the charts right its from sept 43, bolt asembly is SA , Barrel is SA 3-52 I will have more time to look it over when I clean it. This has a bit more Cosmo on it than my 1st one[smile] I also scored some 7.62x25 locally and another 440 pack of 7.62x54r. Im so ready for a surplus shoot

Got an email tonite

The following are the contents of this shipment:
Qty Item-No Item-Description
--------- --------------- ------------------------------
1 RM1SAF M1 Garand SA Field Grade

pictures to hopefully follow soon

10-5PPC.jpg

S&W Model 10-5, douglas barrel, bomar rib (barrel and rib are worth more than i paid for the whole gun!). even pre-trigger/action work, its pre-mim S&W-smooth, and groups under a quarter @ 50ft.

Remington 870 custom tactical with Mesa Stock and shell carrier, rifle night sights

sg1.jpgsg5.jpgsg4.jpgsg3.jpgsg2.jpg

Last edited:
usnma - if you can, you should pattern that bt99, or ask your grandfather, most trap guns shoot high. It is a great trap gun, it will last you many rounds, enjoy it!

Back
Top Bottom