• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New acquisitions for February.

Finally scratched this itch:

ysa9abep.jpg

A breeze to shoot and I just loving using those 10 round rotary mags.

My first Mosin. LGS got 3 in and I headed right down and picked one out.
Matching numbers, bayo, 2.pouches, oil can and tool kit.
Its all cleaned up now... Just need to find some mil surplus 54r in western MA

Haven't seen any surplus in wmass other than Nicks Sport Shop for that had some for $20 for 20.

Oh, I've been busy… Empty Wallet Now!

Busy month!

Bought this PPK and sold it the day after I shot it the first time. Really didn't like shooting this gun at all (except that it's one of the best looking guns ever). Tang whacked my thumb joint so hard it bruised.

Then bought this Kahr P9! One of the best shooting guns I have ever had! POA, no recoil. Tremendously reliable so far! A keeper for sure!

And ended my buying spree with this Sig 238 Equinox. Impulse buy. Still not sure about it. Have it up for sale but I think I will most likely shoot it for the first time this week and take it from there...

I think I have a sickness...

IMG_20140223_122437864_zps018b6a26.jpg

SP101 4" - was a total impulse buy.

The G19 frame just came back from Cold Bore Customs - had a grip reduction done and the POS finger humps removed(3rd gen frame) + full texturing. Threw some Ameriglo Hack sights on it, loving those so far.

I've had it for 2 weeks, but just remembered to get a picture. My pickup for the next 10 years [smile]

9yqe2ame.jpg

Sent from my phone....which isn't really a phone anymore, it's a computer on my pocket

Three cans of CMP HXP for my Norge bcd41, M03, M03A3, M17, and two Garands. Got lucky; two thirds of the head stamps are 1978 or 1982.

Last edited:
Picked up my first bolt gun yesterday. Remington 700VTR in .308 with Nikon Monarch 5-20.
Bought a S&W bodyguard .38 for 350 BNIB from a member who won it in a raffle 2 yrs ago, traded the BG for a Glock 27 gen4 on thanksgiving 2013, sold the glock last night for $775, and bought this rifle for $800.

pic kinda sucks I just got home at 10:30 last night after driving all day making deals, threw it up on the table then into the safe.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Nice slide looks familiar, how was the fit and have you shot it yet?

Havnt got the rest of the parts yet. So I got a naked slide on a compleat lower . Brownells didn't give me a tracking number....

Only thing u need to buy is more she and sights. Thanks for the tip on the slide . Fits pretty good . But needs some fitting . Feels lose up front tight on the rear .

Last edited:
You can stare at the measurements and comparison pics all day long... and many have said it's too big for what it is... but you just can't understand how small this thing is until you have one in your hand.

I'm going to snag the single stack 9mm when that comes out as well.

Love the U1. I need to get a Sinn...

You can stare at the measurements and comparison pics all day long... and many have said it's too big for what it is... but you just can't understand how small this thing is until you have one in your hand.

Having held one firsthand, I have to agree with this. It is pretty tiny, I guess the best word to describe it is, "slim". The OAL is generous but its certainly flatter than most guns.

The only thing I don't like about the G42 is there are lots of reports of teething problems with it choking on weak ammo. Not sure if you've run into that yet.

-Mike

Having held one firsthand, I have to agree with this. It is pretty tiny, I guess the best word to describe it is, "slim". The OAL is generous but its certainly flatter than most guns.

The only thing I don't like about the G42 is there are lots of reports of teething problems with it choking on weak ammo. Not sure if you've run into that yet.

-Mike

Yup. Miculek ran into this, 13:00.

http://youtu.be/_ZOkPAET86c?t=13m

I ordered these grip adapters fromTyler manufacturing just about 4 months ago, they cashed my check on February on 11/4/13. I called many times and got a machine and left messages to call me and let me know what was going on. I had pretty much wrote the money off and chalked it up to an internet deal gone bad. They arrived today and I'm pretty happy with them. IMG_1241.jpg

Last edited:
I ordered these grip adapters fromTyler manufacturing just about 4 months ago, they cashed my check on February on 11/4/13. I called many times and got a machine and left messages to call me and let me know what was going on. I had pretty much wrote the money off and chalked it up to an internet deal gone bad. They arrived today and I'm pretty happy with them. View attachment 95518

Pic not showing for me

is that the new glock 1911... :)

Lol I like .45 can you tell .

took a bit of work to find one, but just picked this up from Bob's in Webster, cant wait to break her in

Attachments

• 1780916_10202033150003589_478480017_n.jpg
    1780916_10202033150003589_478480017_n.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 132
Back
Top Bottom