• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions for December 2016

Have had a pretty good Christmas month. For someone in MA that is......

IMG_0443_zpsalfbcnh3.jpg

Canik TP9SF in 9mm
Rugar Super Redhawk Alaskan in 454 Casull
Webley MK IV in 38/200 (38 S&W)

It's official though. I'm broke!

Have had a pretty good Christmas month. For someone in MA that is......

IMG_0443_zpsalfbcnh3.jpg

Canik TP9SF in 9mm
Rugar Super Redhawk Alaskan in 454 Casull
Webley MK IV in 38/200 (38 S&W)

It's official though. I'm broke!

I'm yet to shoot my Canik. Have you had a chance to try it out?

I don't normally post my new acquisitions online, but this thing is freakin' cool!

GSG .22LR Schmeisser Sturmgewehr 44 replica

(Stock Photo)

ATI-GSG-STG-44-Rifle.jpg

CDNN had a special deal on them a few weeks ago so I couldn't resist ($299 with a free brick of ammo), I just picked it up from my local FFL on Saturday. It's the same size and weight of an original, which means it's heavy!

I used to hump those things around in their coffins at gun shows, and that is probably the heaviest 22 I've ever held that wasn't some weirdo high precision bolt action 22 with an excessively thick barrel.

Nothing I would ever buy in a million years but in the "cool points" department it is pretty nice... never seen anything like that before.

-Mike

I couldn't find one in stores anywhere, so I snagged this on GunBroker for $90 over SMRP. With a 10% sales tax here in Tennessee, that I did not have to pay, it was a wash. No bargain, but I wanted one now. The gun itself is great. A stout, well fitted and finished little tank. Great sights, and best double action pull I think I've ever felt.

Picked up my xmas present today since I won some $$. Highly recommend Next Level in Salem,NH. Great price fir this new lcp 2.
20161210_133824.jpg

This is my new Haverkamp in 6BR, It cost me a kidney but what the hell I still have one left.[laugh] I have never seen anything like it, I have seen it shoot 2" groups @ 600yards not 2 MOA which would be 12" which would still be good. I love that 3" forearm and the 20 coats of clear, you would have to see in person to appreciate. the trigger is set at 8oz. They action is nothing like I have ever felt or cycled before, smooth would not even begin to discribe it no wiggle, slop, or play nothing. That spiral fluted bolt is easy on they eyes. It is a single shot, I did not pay that much but the person who had it built paid over $4000.00 "scope not included" and over a years wait to have it built. the velcro tabs on the barrel are for the carbonfibre mirrage shield.

Dean

Last edited:
Original ZF4 scope rig for my K43. Walther base, ddx. ZF4. Eyepiece, sunshade, and lens covers are reproductions.

T

Attachments

• IMG_2028.jpg
    IMG_2028.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2027.jpg
    IMG_2027.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_2026.jpg
    IMG_2026.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_2029.jpg
    IMG_2029.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
I like to call this my frankenstein. Its the parts left over from my Savage 12FV (Barrel, Varmint 1.5lb Accutrigger). A New Axis LH action and bolt, and a MDT Chassis. The AR Stock and pistol grip i had laying around from an old AR Build. I did not see any decrease in accuracy switching from a 12FV Action to the Axis with the 308 barrel. . You do notice how much smoother the 12FV action is however.

IMG_1580.jpg

Merry Christmas to me. [rockon]

I just picked this up yesterday from a local FFL. I've wanted it for a long time, but was going to wait until spring 2017. But after finding a sale listed on slickgun.com I couldn't resist the temptation. A $100 cheaper than anywhere else local or online. And free shipping too.

S&W full size M&P 9mm Performance Center. Comes with both an unthreaded ported barrel and a threaded un-ported barrel. Enhanced trigger. 2 mag's and slide is optic ready.

I've torn it down, cleaned, bore snaked and lubed. Going to the range this afternoon to give it a test drive.

20161213_153713111_zpswbmetnak.jpg

After being a shooter for decades I finally decided to start carrying. I went to Manchester Firing Line and rented several carry sized guns and though the Sig P938 with G10 grips is so beautiful it gave me a raging gun boner, what really worked best for me was the LC9. Something about the fit in my hands that are used to chubby double-stacks and the long trigger pull (which I usually don't like) worked best for me.

The holster is an inexpensive Blade Tech I'm using as training wheels until I figure out where I like to carry best. On the drive home my junk was yelling "Don't shoot! Don't shoot"[laugh]
I guess this weekend I have to do the Wal-Mart walk and feel like there's a sign on my back and everyone is staring at me[rofl]
IMG_20161216_141112067_zpszouqtatm.jpg

Broke my 9mm only rule, but couldn't resist

S&W 1911 E Series

a175b73d3c88bb327bb5dd9ffad7e083.jpg

Built up my 3rd AR. Yes it's a Troy upper, but I wanted a beat the shit out of rifle that I could care less about plus I'm in for $575 total.

92ae4ae89a26772377d8bc585ffd3e65.jpg

Update I know I have already shown this a couple of weeks ago, but I just came across these and find them to be the coolest thing, I can fit 25 rounds in my KSG.

Dean

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom