• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions for December 2013

A belated Christmas present

A while back I had mentioned to my son that I wanted a good fixed blade knife, not a hint for a gift simple conversation on one of our overnight hiking trips. When MrsTwigg got home from work last night she went straight into my son's room instead of going back into our room. Shortly before dinner my son came out and dropped a box on my lap and told me he had hoped this would have arrived in time for Christmas and he hoped I would like this;

He got me a KBAR Navy edition. [grin]

5703268a-796b-4f99-9a40-21604ec301f1_zps7197ce1c.jpg

How sharp is it ?

DSCN0847_zps39f931e8.jpg

Sharp enough to shave, right out of the box. [shocked]

Color me happy, I am one lucky Dad.

He got a good knife too, I got him a Buck 110. [smile]

I had no plans to get new grips for the hp but when I saw the picture online I had to have them. Plus the pachmyers I had were old and dry. Got them for 30% off.

A while back I had mentioned to my son that I wanted a good fixed blade knife, not a hint for a gift simple conversation on one of our overnight hiking trips. When MrsTwigg got home from work last night she went straight into my son's room instead of going back into our room. Shortly before dinner my son came out and dropped a box on my lap and told me he had hoped this would have arrived in time for Christmas and he hoped I would like this;

Sharp enough to shave, right out of the box. [shocked]

Color me happy, I am one lucky Dad.

He got a good knife too, I got him a Buck 110. [smile]

Nice to see the Branch didn't fall to to far from the Twigg.[smile] Sounds like you raised a good boy, congrats on the knife also.

I got afew late Christmas gifts on the way from Mrs Wicked1911 [dance] [rockon] .....I will post the real pics when they come in, most likely in the "New Acquisitions for January 2014" thread [thumbsup]

Fab Defense T-pod G2 QR:
14C0DDFC_zps33de1e2e.jpg

Diamondhead metal sights:
D2A5582D_zps9e871f40.jpg

Aimpoint Pro:
E49E9F75_zps22130852.jpg

Curious how this rifle shoots. I have been thinking of a bolt action in 7.62x39 either this or the CZ. Would love to hear a range review after you get it. What optic you thinking of putting on it?

Still working that out but I'm leaning towards an Aimpoint 9000sc right now, the nice thing is it has irons so I can still shoot it and take my time getting and optic.

Back
Top Bottom