New Acquisitions for December 2012

A S&W M36 followed me home today...

temporary_zpse30bf79a.jpg

I picked this up yesterday. I always swore I would never buy a Glock. I never liked them until the gen 4 came along. I bought a Glock 23. I was looking for a Beretta 92FS and they were out so I bought this. I found the Beretta later so I bought that too, but I can't pick it up until Wednesday now because of the holiday stuff going on.

IMG_0211_zps627a8019.jpg

2012-12-28_15-31-22_468.jpg

Not new but I brought these down from Maine today. I've had a lot of my guns at my father's house in Maine for more than two decades - he used to use them, but his hunting and shooting days are pretty much over, so I started bringing them down earlier this year.

The top is a crappy .50 cal muzzle loader I am trying to salvage. It was put away dirty (not by me) and the bore is a mess. I've been hitting it with wire bore brushes and solvent, but it looks bad. I'm going see if I can shoot it a little cleaner once the new breech lock I ordered arrives. Any other tips would be appreciated.

Second is my pride and joy. Remington 700 BDL 30-06 - I've shot a lot of deer with that gun (and my father has used it on quite a few himself). Bought it when I was a senior in high school.

Bottom is a 10/22 I'm borrowing from my brother. I'll be borrowing it until he decides he wants it back :)

Crappy photography courtesy of my cell phone camera and poor lighting in my man cave.

Woke up today and my wife said happy birthday, kissed me and gave me stack of twentys. Told me to go get a new toy. Just put 300 flawless rounds of CCI threw it. I guess turning 30 isn't so bad great start to a four day weekend. As always the guys at north shore are just great. Real madhouse in there today.

Attachments

• IMG_20121229_115338_673.jpg
    IMG_20121229_115338_673.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 116
I must have been right there with you, Rob. I bought a new 10/22 today, my buddy bought a new Beretta 92fs and my other buddy picked up a Ruger SR9c (we all work together but did not plan to meet there - just a funny coincidence).

Anyway, here's my new toy. It was supposed to be a Mosin Nagant, but they didn't have any. Rather than leave with cash in my pocket that I would likely blow on non-gun stuff, I bought a new plinker with a red dot sight. No time for the range today, so I'll have to get there early in the week.

2012-12-29_14-34-32_829.jpg

I must have been right there with you, Rob. I bought a new 10/22 today, my buddy bought a new Beretta 92fs and my other buddy picked up a Ruger SR9c (we all work together but did not plan to meet there - just a funny coincidence).

Anyway, here's my new toy. It was supposed to be a Mosin Nagant, but they didn't have any. Rather than leave with cash in my pocket that I would likely blow on non-gun stuff, I bought a new plinker with a red dot sight. No time for the range today, so I'll have to get there early in the week.

View attachment 48276

Is that red dot mounted backwards, or is that the way that particular model is supposed to mount?

No pic of my own, but picked up one of these at Four Seasons today. Place was surprisingly "empty" when we were there around 1-1:30. No line out the door, took a number but walked in and someone was able to help me pretty much right away. Always wanted one of these... can't wait to get out and shoot it!

M&P15-22_M1_Standard.jpg

Just got home with this. My new plinker! [smile]

081.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

Very nice! Got my son a Henry for christmas and already had it at the range.......they are very beautifully made! Out of the box he is hitting paper plate size target at 50 yards.

Just got home with this. My new plinker! [smile]

081.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

I purchased one for my daughter (12y.o.) for Christmas, and some of the guys she goes to school with were talking about the xbox shooter games they got. She sends them a ipod pic of her rifle and said "I didn't get a shooting game but I did get this" to which their reply was "you stink" and that put a rather large smile on her face !

Is that red dot mounted backwards, or is that the way that particular model is supposed to mount?

Ha! I suck. I just google the brand and the only other photo I see with it mounted shows I have it backwards. It seemed.to work that way so it didn't even occur to me that it could be the other way.

Last edited:
Further googling finds several people referring to it as a cheap backwards eotech so maybe I'm not dumb. I suppose i could go ahead and, you know, read the instructions when I get home tomorrow morning.

View attachment 48276

Nice, I have the same one but with a nice 3x9 scope, I love it. Get a couple 25rd mags and it's the most fun you'll have at the range without breaking the bank.

No pic of my own, but picked up one of these at Four Seasons today. Place was surprisingly "empty" when we were there around 1-1:30. No line out the door, took a number but walked in and someone was able to help me pretty much right away. Always wanted one of these... can't wait to get out and shoot it!

M&P15-22_M1_Standard.jpg

Sweet Alex, those are supposedly top notch .22 AR platforms, they'll go nice sitting next to your big brothers.

M&P15-22_M1_Standard.jpg

I have one, it's a lot of fun. I do need to get more mags though...

Yes I can already see the need for more mags. Wish MA didn't suck and let us use the 25 rounders but oh well. Adjusted and re-pinned the stock to a shorter position so it's more comfortable (was pinned all the way out from the factory).

On the lookout for a 4" S&W 686 right now. If anyone has a line on one let me know!

Back
Top Bottom