• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions for December 2011

Me first! Me first!

Remington 760 GameMaster in .30-06. Barrel stamp dates it to 1960.

Now I just need a 742 to replace the one I sold years ago and I'll have enough deer guns.

100_0532.jpg

Not a gun, but I just got this stuff from Troy today.

BUIS for my Stag and a build I just started
1598.jpg

On the Stag
1609.jpg

Handguard for the new build
1600.jpg

IEfpL.jpg
If anyone knows where I can find parts for this so I can make an attempt to put her back together, let me know! De-sporterising this would be nice

Last edited:
Having trouble attaching photos..but I did pick up a H&K USP-C in 40 and a Beretta 92FS...really like the the USP!

when I figure out how to post photos I'll share

Last edited:
IEfpL.jpg
If anyone knows where I can find parts for this so I can make an attempt to put her back together, let me know! De-sporterising this would be nice

Numrich, Sarco, would be the places to start. Gun shows too, but that's hit or miss. Was it sporterized or did someone try to make a Jungle Carbine out of it?

Not a firearm but this is Belle. She will be 8 weeks old on 12/23 and I will pick her up 12/24.

I think the kids will like her and she may put a little spring in the step of our 11 year old Black lab named Blue.

Belle2.jpg

Belle.jpg

Numrich, Sarco, would be the places to start. Gun shows too, but that's hit or miss. Was it sporterized or did someone try to make a Jungle Carbine out of it?

it was sporterized. I may just leave it ... I feel like it would be a huge headache to find everything

I purchased this on the 29th but I just brought it home tonight. I had a Ruger old model Vaquero in 44 Magnum in polished stainless with a 5.5 inch barrel that I sold to a member here a few weeks ago. I liked the old 44 but last year I bought a new model Vaquero Convertible in 45LC/45ACP that just happened to be in polished stainless with, you guessed it, a 5.5 inch barrel. I've been watching the old Have Gun Will Travel series and I've had a great interest in Paladin's 7.5" six shooter. While surfing GunBroker I found this Ruger old model Vaquero in blued/case hardened finished, 45LC, with the same style grips Paladin had on his Colt. I've dated it and it looks like 1995. The pistol has had an action job that's "like butta"! I'd say it's about a 3 to 4 lbs pull and the hammer slides back like it's on glass. It came with the original Ruger inner and outer box.

pix163104208.jpg

pix547834394.jpg

pix075176060.jpg

pix890047326.jpg

pix220554284.jpg

pix797940359.jpg

Wow only 3 days into December and already alot of great new guns and accessories, not to be forgottten man's best friend. Looks like it is going to be a great month. Hoping a certain 3" S&W Pro Series makes it's way to my house!!!

Congrats guys!!!

Got this scope and it will be mount on my Rem 700. It's a Millet LRS-1 6-25x56mm. Price was attractive and want to give it a chance to compare with my existing Nikon scope. This is one big x scope.

dsc0293gf.jpg

Ruger Mk III 22/45's

Well sometimes one isn't enough. Bought one and then the second came along at a price I could not turn down. For the top one I put Hogue grips and Volquartsen MK II Accurizing kit and MK II bushing which also eliminated the mag disconnect. Then removed the LCI.

The second I removed the Mag disconnect and used three washers (two 5mm and one #10) to take its place. Both guns have Tactical Solutions front sights, Exact Edge extractors and have had their feed ramp polished. Will try them out at a steel challenge next weekend.

DSC_2513.jpg

it was sporterized. I may just leave it ... I feel like it would be a huge headache to find everything

Other than the foreend, what does it need? Is the original front site intact? I can't tell from that picture if the reciever bridge is intact or not, but it it is, then you shouldn't need a fortune in parts. Go to Numrich and look at the parts diagrams. That will give you a good idea of what you need.

They are fun shooters, although surplus ammunition is starting to get rare and expensive. Commerical ammo isn't as rare, but is expensive.

Tonight I replaced a gun I never should have sold. I picked up another S&W 637-2 J Frame. Nice to have it back in the rotation.

photo12.jpg

Last week, I picked up a new Gen3 Glock 19. No pics yet, but I'm sure you get the idea. Its been a good month.

Back
Top Bottom