• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions for December 2010

OK, so I got this yesterday and posting it today.

SAA38_Grips1957.jpg

Last edited:
Got this coming in next Tues. This was not a gun on my radar but a friend made an offer I couldn't refuse. It had 5 rds put through it. I'll get a few better pix once in my possession.

ry%3D480

Just ordered a Savage 10FP in .223, should have it next Wednesday. And what i guess you could call an acquisition, mailed a check made out to NES to go green.

Nice DW. Take the grip off and see if there is a name engraved on the frame. My grandmother assembled DW's at the factory in Monson.

You are right that my DW was manufactured in Monson. I took the grip off but I can't find a name underneath. There are two stamps, an "S" on one side and a "1" on the opposite side. On the two other sides, there are 3 straight orange lines on one side and on the last side there is a yellow dot. I'm not sure if you know what any of that means.

You are right that my DW was manufactured in Monson. I took the grip off but I can't find a name underneath. There are two stamps, an "S" on one side and a "1" on the opposite side. On the two other sides, there are 3 straight orange lines on one side and on the last side there is a yellow dot. I'm not sure if you know what any of that means.

Don't know what that means. Only knew that my grandmother would engrave her name on the grip frame of the guns she would assemble. She passed away a few years ago, so I can't pick her brain on what the other markings mean.

Here are my two new acquisitions I picked up today. The upper is a rock river with a 10.5 barrel YHM QC for the YHM suppressor. The lower is not new.

The suppressor is Gemtech's 17HMR I ordered it in March but it took them a long time to get the thing made. Then I had to wait for the ATF of course.

The 17hmr works great quieter then a 22 but you still get the sonic boom of course it is a fast cartridge.

hmrbox.jpg

hmrboxopen.jpg

m15105upr.jpg

Came Friday; two days of cleaning and to the range today.

1916 Mauser Geweher M1898/14 8mm-S (.323); 98M conversion by HZa Spandau; SuWw/S58 on rear band, 1936, also matching wrist stamp Su58. Rear sight collar by Obendorf with ®, Ö37, and K Date (1934). Matching rear sight parts S/42G dated with K167 proofs. Contract manufactured receiver, V. Chr. Schilling, Suhl; 10th rarest of 11 Gew98 manufacturers in WWI. 1920 Versailles Treaty/Weimar over date; this marks the rifle as one the Weimar Republic was allowed to keep for the German army, which was limited to 100,000 men after WWI. The rifle is a bolt mismatch except for the front band (6310), serial #9487c; matching parts include barrel (early Simson/Suhl mark; mid 1920’s overhaul), receiver, ejector box and parts, rear sight and parts, middle band, stock, hand guard, bayonet lug, follower, floor plate, trigger guard, and butt plate. Bolt parts match #74 (firing pin, cocking piece, shroud, and safety with Obendorf/DMW Imperial proofs). Imperial proofed bolt body and extractor, #1947. Solid one piece beech stock with Imperial and Weimar HZa Su58 Spandau proofs, and renumbered to match. Odd proof mark on stock by take down disk is probably an entwined “BS” (or “KS”) for “Bahnschutz,” the German Railway Police. Reproduction sling from vintage leather. Light illegible import mark under front of barrel.

010-1.jpg

008.jpg

010.jpg

013-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

002a.jpg

039a.jpg

009a.jpg

008-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

PM

Last edited:
Stopped by First Defense in Uxbridge today and picked up a Remington 870 Express and a TLR-1 light for my M&P9 Pro. Dennis and gang are tops.

IMG_0774.jpg

-JR

lapua.jpg

the best of the best :). planning on cleaning my first Midrange Prone course with this batch.

spacegun.jpg

most of the way there. the upper wont ship from WOA for another week or two, along with the Lipski rear sight base. the 30mm RightSight is a couple of weeks out too. other than that, the lower is built (WOA buttstock, X-Treme match rifle trigger, Sierra Precision grip, oversized mag release, right hand bolt release, and oversized KNS trigger pins, all on an S&W lower. rear sight (not pictured) is a Warner #2 with a Gehmann 510 aperature and antiglare tube. it's been a fun project thus far (albeit getting pricey lol)

Last edited:
I actually got it last month but finally got a picture of it. It's an EOTech XPS2-0 mounted on my XCR. It works very well with the gun and the Troy Micro BUIS set cowitnesses on the bottom 3rd of the EOTech.

xcr_xps20.jpg

Came Friday; two days of cleaning and to the range today.

1916 Mauser Geweher M1898/14 8mm-S (.323); 98M conversion by HZa Spandau; SuWw/S58 on rear band, 1936, also matching wrist stamp Su58. Rear sight collar by Obendorf with ®, Ö37, and K Date (1934). Matching rear sight parts S/42G dated with K167 proofs. Contract manufactured receiver, V. Chr. Schilling, Suhl; 10th rarest of 11 Gew98 manufacturers in WWI. 1920 Versailles Treaty/Weimar over date; this marks the rifle as one the Weimar Republic was allowed to keep for the German army, which was limited to 100,000 men after WWI. The rifle is a bolt mismatch except for the front band (6310), serial #9487c; matching parts include barrel (early Simson/Suhl mark; mid 1920’s overhaul), receiver, ejector box and parts, rear sight and parts, middle band, stock, hand guard, bayonet lug, follower, floor plate, trigger guard, and butt plate. Bolt parts match #74 (firing pin, cocking piece, shroud, and safety with Obendorf/DMW Imperial proofs). Imperial proofed bolt body and extractor, #1947. Solid one piece beech stock with Imperial and Weimar HZa Su58 Spandau proofs, and renumbered to match. Odd proof mark on stock by take down disk is probably an entwined “BS” (or “KS”) for “Bahnschutz,” the German Railway Police. Reproduction sling from vintage leather. Light illegible import mark

PM

WOW Tim, she is a beauty!

Got Carried away with SIGs

I bought the P238 after renting one at MFL and thought I was done for the month.
I ended back at MFL a couple weeks later. I was thinking I was going to spend only the $8 range fee.

Jim had these Certified pre-owned guns from SIG at killer prices. They come with a 1 year warranty. The 1911 was about 1/2 of MSRP new. Night sights, match barrel, etc... I could not decide between the 250 and the 1911 so I took both of them. The pictures aren't the best but I had to take them before my wife got home! [wink]

IMG_3321.jpg

by the way the 1911s he had are all gone. There was about 4 or 5 left of everything else.

Sneaky. I sometimes wish I had a separate discretionary checking account, but we've got that single communal marriage pot in our house. A little new for my taste, but very nice all the same.

MS

Sneaky. I sometimes wish I had a separate discretionary checking account, but we've got that single communal marriage pot in our house. A little new for my taste, but very nice all the same.

MS

She knows I bought them. (uh er except the 1911)... I sold my CZ-52 to offset the P-250 and the P238 was an approved purchase. When I can buy a sig 1911 for the price of a Rock Island or citadel 45 what was I to do??? I'll come clean as soon as I figure out what I am going to part with.

MS

I got myself one of those after I burned through my non-discretionary funds a few too many times in a row picking up gun stuff...

Back
Top Bottom