New Acquisitions for December 2006

Wow guys, this month is off to a good start. Pilgrim, that's a really nice old pistol ! Is the receiver brass or is it just the way the lighting is ?

Last edited:
My first December acquisition, and it's a good 'un:

Kel-Tec001.jpg

Yep. A Kel-Tec P3AT. NIB. Life is good...

How small is this gun? Freakin' small:

Kel-Tec.jpg

There it is next to a Smith & Wesson J-frame. Makes that J-frame look like at least an N... [wink]

Took my first trip to FourSeasons today to pick up the SigTac jacket (thanks again Shepherd) Ended up buying my first semi-auto, a G23. Gun felt nice in my hand, price was right and I figured I needed something to put in the holster of my new jacket hah.
View attachment 370

GRRRRR! C'mon XXXXX! Ya know, that place that ships your rifle some 3+ weeks after you order it sometimes. I'm jonesin' for my Yugo M59 SKS complete in VG condition.[crying]

Brown Truck Alert !

The result of 'Wild Card Wednesday" last week;
Nagant1.jpg

Nagant2.jpg

She's a 1940 Tula in Excellent condition. Just a tiny bit of wear on the right side of the frame, a nice bright bore and great crown. She arrived with a full set of accessories too. Lanyard, cleaning rod, screwdriver and the holster looks unissued.

Oh, and I found my son's Christmas present the other day. We were watching Silverado and he wanted a "Cowboy" gun so I got him this;
Cowboy.jpg

A single shot .22 lever gun, it's got a 12 1/2 LOP so it'll fit him good. Made by Agawam Arms, Ma.

He's gonna be a happy kid next Monday !

Only half way through December and I've picked up two Makarovs. Yep, two. One East German and one from Bulgaria. Both look and shoot great. I'm pretty happy as both guns cost me less then $500. Bought the East German at the Big E and bought the Bulgarian from Zenks. Pretty happy with them so far. Shot about 300 rnds between the two of them over the past weekend and I've heard some say the 9mm Makarov is like a .380 in comparison. I dont' think I agree with that as I've shot .380s and this round definitely seem to have more power behind it. I know it sent the spent brass flying 10ft or more down the line. Reminded me of my CZ-52 in that respect.

100_1261.jpg

100_1257.jpg

I'm thinking of giving one of these to my Dad as an xmas gift. He loved shooting them both as well. Now I just have to figure out which one. [thinking]

Nice Nagant Mr Twigg. I don't see the CAI billboard import stamp mine has that defaces the side of the frame. Yours must have the small one under the barrel. Makes me wanna call and pay the $10 handpick for one like that.[smile]

Nice Nagant Mr Twigg. I don't see the CAI billboard import stamp mine has that defaces the side of the frame. Yours must have the small one under the barrel. Makes me wanna call and pay the $10 handpick for one like that.[smile]

Yup. That's where it be.
Actually it was more like $5.00. [smile] [smile] [smile]

Tele_Mark said:
OK Dennis, time to PM me about "Wildcard Wednesday".

Pm inbound. - Actually I owe this spectaular find to Milsurps 4 Me. After a while here one begins to learn who's posts to follow. [smile] Thanks Ray ! I owe you a cofffee or a beer or a couple 'a shots outta the .500. (Which I'm pimping out BTW. [wink] )

This is my new toy .54 caliber Kahnke muzzleloader 12" barrel. Just received today, will try to shoot it in a couple of days.
Kahanke.jpg

Great Googlie-mooga ! Now THAT'S a hand cannon !

Before anybody asks me, NO ! I don't wanna shoot it ! Notice he said TRY to shoot it ! Yowza, that's a big handgun ! [shocked]

The design looks very much like my Thompson Center Contender (cartridge pistol). If so, they are well balanced for heavy loads. Might not be as bad as it looks.

Great Googlie-mooga ! Now THAT'S a hand cannon !

Before anybody asks me, NO ! I don't wanna shoot it ! Notice he said TRY to shoot it ! Yowza, that's a big handgun ! [shocked]

Oh come on Mr T - no guts, no glory! I'd try it. [smile] (and the recoil probably isn't all that bad - it's not a huge caliber for BP. [wink] )

My first December acquisition, and it's a good 'un:

Yep. A Kel-Tec P3AT. NIB. Life is good...

How small is this gun? Freakin' small: [wink]

Congrats on the Kel-Tec, I know you were looking for one. Yeah, small, flat and light. I still prefer my j-frame, but the P3AT is one hell of a great back up. Also was good on Sunday when my wife and I went to a party where there were a lot of anti's and I had to get dressed up. Slipped it into my dress pants pocket in a Desantis Nemesis, sure beats a sharp stick.

Nice pickup, Juergen...I swear though that you're just showing off now. I think you've bought more guns in the last month or so than I have all year. [laugh] (I'm just jealous [sad] )

Congrats on the Kel-Tec, I know you were looking for one. Yeah, small, flat and light. I still prefer my j-frame, but the P3AT is one hell of a great back up. Also was good on Sunday when my wife and I went to a party where there were a lot of anti's and I had to get dressed up. Slipped it into my dress pants pocket in a Desantis Nemesis, sure beats a sharp stick.

Thanks Goose.

Got a chance to shoot it today, and I am quite impressed. Put ~ 75 rounds through it, including a mag 'o' Hydra-Shoks, and it fed & fired everything. Twice the last round failed to eject completely, but that's such a minor issue I'm not concerned. Plus it was on the second & fourth mags; the rest (6 rounds each, at least 12 magazines' worth total) were fine.

Accuracy, OTOH, left a lot to be desired. And it bit my thumb (Dave can attest). Of course, it's not a 10 yard gun, more like a 10 (or less) FOOT gun. And I'll "adapt" a Hogue Jr. wrap around grip for it...

I like it. A lot.

Nice pickup, Juergen...I swear though that you're just showing off now. I think you've bought more guns in the last month or so than I have all year. [laugh] (I'm just jealous [sad] )

Well, this is the only one for December - so far[smile]
At least one more to go, with a possible 2nd and 3rd.
If SWMBO knew the exact ytd count, I'd be in trouble[rofl]

Back
Top Bottom