New Acquisitions For August

Viper22

NES Member
Here's my big purchase for the year.

Once the DSLR is unpacked, I'll have to take better pictures. Built in 1889. Not pictured is the original barn. Also not pictured is the deck & hot tub.

IMAG0340.jpg

IMAG0339.jpg

Sweet House!

I'll Play. My new (to me) Zanotti Armor safe. Very impressed with the customer service. Safe currently has all full size shelves. I called Zanotti to see if I could buy a different shelf setup they show on the site, that would work better for me (replacing 4 shelves). He said "No problem, I won't charge you anything for the shelves, just drop a check in the mail to me to cover the shipping". That is awesome customer service!

IMG_0601.jpg

Not a new gun, but made some improvements to my M&P 9.

2012-07-28_13-55-59_969.jpg

Dawson front sight, also installed the Apex duty/carry kit and RAM.

I've had my M&P for years, actually since they were first on the shelves in MA. After purchasing it, I had swapped out the complete sear housing, trigger bar and trigger spring for non-MA parts. I was satisfied with its trigger until shooting my 1911 exclusively for about 8 months. Going back to the M&P, its trigger felt like crap. Now with the Apex parts installed its light and smooth and a pleasure to shoot again

I picked up a 1942 Izhevsk Mosin 91/30 today. It is in excellent shape and the wood is in very good condition. I can't wait to shoot it, my Mosin addiction has begun!

2mewjfm.jpg

16gem8l.jpg

2wcocg4.jpg

North Shore Firearms. I had such a great experience there and it was my first buy from them. It was covered in light cosmoline and I asked for a trash bag for the rifle and they did a great job wrapping all the parts up. They had 18 Mosins. I love this rifle already.

I picked up a 1942 Izhevsk Mosin 91/30 today. It is in excellent shape and the wood is in very good condition. I can't wait to shoot it, my Mosin addiction has begun!

2mewjfm.jpg

16gem8l.jpg

2wcocg4.jpg

Cool, looks like from the pic you got one in a "war time" stock. Make sure you clean up after shooting corrosive ammo !

I got a new sig p238 yesterday but lost it today to my girlfriend. She claimed the sig and just finished filling out her pistol permit app so she can drop it off tomorrow

Cool, looks like from the pic you got one in a "war time" stock. Make sure you clean up after shooting corrosive ammo !

What do you mean "war time"? Were they better built during WWII? Thanks for the comment as well!

- - - Updated - - -

I got a new sig p238 yesterday but lost it today to my girlfriend. She claimed the sig and just finished filling out her pistol permit app so she can drop it off tomorrow

It happens. You're lucky to have a girl who loves guns like yourself. [wink]

Whoa. That might be the nicest Mosin stock I've ever seen. Congrats.

I got two shipment notifications today and can't wait to post later this week. One leather, one steel.

doh, dun it again... wanted a back up to my Saiga so ordered an Inter Ordnance since its supposed to be on par and I didn't want to bother with modifying for AK mags. Figured they aren't going down in value anytime soon.

Seems well made, the furniture is actually quite nice, much higher quality than my Saiga in that regard. Almost feels rubberized, also has a nice thick rubber but plate. I wanted wood furniture but those were sold out, I think now I'll just get a wood kit for the Saiga instead. Magazines seem suspect but it came with two which was a bonus. There was an IOU included for a cleaning rod, must be a run on them from all the shootings...

picture sucks.

de1u9u.jpg

Last edited:
Funny thing happened tonight, I was talking to my dad and he told me that he has been telling a lot of people about our new Mosin. He told me that he thinks we should buy another one soon. This is only after probably 3 months of me telling him that the Mosin is a great rifle and every time I went to buy it he would tell me that it would be junk. Trying to explain mil-surp to a person who is not trained in most guns is a losing battle. I just let the rifle do all the talking. [wink]

I picked up one of these for My dad and I. They are pretty badass. Nice rifle with built in bottle opener and the flame that come out of the muzzle is crazy!

image-1858606424.jpg

Back
Top Bottom