• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions for August 2009!

Lets see em!

just got me one of these (im a couple days late but just got back from the 'moon)

5536_560529178216_34500372_33168582.jpg

no guns as of yet...but the month is still young!

Kahr

Great new addition from a fellow NES'er. Hopefully to the range tomorrow! A little hefty compared to the PF9 I'm used to, but it's the kind of weight that screams solid and reliable. And yes....all I could find handy as a prop was the Bic firestarter [wink]

guninventory08-01-082005-2.jpg

I just got this gun at Stricklands in Berkely. Factory fired only with correct box and grips numbered to gun. Looks like brand new. 5" barrel, .38 caliber early post war (May 1947), Smith and Wesson M&P.

2MP2overallweb.jpg

Bill, you gonna bring that to the next Mansfield shoot or are you gonna 'save' it? Very nice!

Richard, I wasn't sure if I was going to fire it or not. Then Raoul Duke stopped by the house yesterday and while I was showing it to him, he dry fired it. I knew right then the gun wasn't staying a virgin. I can't wait until 12 Noon today to get over to Mansfield and put a few round through this gun.

I'll bring it to the next shoot, especially if you bring one of your little 32's for me to try again. Those little pistols were sweet!

Bill

Richard, I wasn't sure if I was going to fire it or not. Then Raoul Duke stopped by the house yesterday and while I was showing it to him, he dry fired it. I knew right then the gun wasn't staying a virgin. I can't wait until 12 Noon today to get over to Mansfield and put a few round through this gun.

I'll bring it to the next shoot, especially if you bring one of your little 32's for me to try again. Those little pistols were sweet!

Bill

Deal!

Picked up a 1977 Nickel Colt Detective Special. My first Colt revolver. I have to say that while it's a little larger than the Smith Model 36, I think it handles better for me, and it gives one more round.

TheatreCamp09011.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Chris

Last edited:
New Centerpoint 3x9-32mm scope, Weaver see-through rings, and steel lip Butler Creek 25 round mag on my Ruger 10/22. Just need to get a GI sling and a few more stock mags and I'll be all set for Appleseed next month. I'm all set to shoot scoped or irons without changing anything. [smile]

Ruger_10-22_new_scope.jpg

My New Baby - I Named Him "Tiny"

My S&W 500 is finally here! I've been waiting three months to get this guy, ever since I shot my cousin's in Maine. Guess I gotta learn to reload now. [wink]

Pic is my baby and a 300gr .500 round beside a 300gr 44mag round (and a quarter)

HPIM0629.jpg

Nice new stuff... Hey milsurp I don't expect anything less then greatness but give us a report back on what you think about the Remsport upper. John has done a couple of mine and I was thrilled.

Deer Gun

Here's what I picked up today for the upcoming Shotgun Deer Season.

NEF Ultra Slug Hunter in 20 ga. It has a rifled bull barrel and a laminated stock. Also its got a Bushnell Trophy scope with an illuminated recticle, switchable between red or green. It has settings for two different size dots, crosshairs or dot inside a circle.

DSC01587.JPG

DSC01588.JPG

DSC015891.JPG

Here's what I picked up today for the upcoming Shotgun Deer Season.

NEF Ultra Slug Hunter in 20 ga. It has a rifled bull barrel and a laminated stock. Also its got a Bushnell Trophy scope with an illuminated recticle, switchable between red or green. It has settings for two different size dots, crosshairs or dot inside a circle.

DSC01587.JPG

DSC01588.JPG

DSC015891.JPG

Nice looking gun...I like the colors in the wood

It should prove to be excellent for deer. I think the scope will work out great, and the Lightfield sabot slugs I got (dealer included a box of 5 for free) should work great. I can't wait to sight it in!

A lot of folks talk smack about the Ruger SR9 but I like it very much. In my hand the SR9 feels just like a 1911. The grip is large in the linear dimension like the 1911 is. I find they shoot straight and for the money they're a great value. Thank you North Shore for all your help.

DSC_2008.JPG

DSC_2009.JPG

Back
Top Bottom