New Acquisitions February 2020 - Firearms Only!

Continuing to buy stainless guns! [laugh]
Picked up this Marlin 1894CSBL 357 magnum last week. Goes great with the Dan Wesson revolver.

Just finished installing a ranger precision aluminum loading gate and reduced power Wolff hammer spring. Boy this thing is sweet. Haven’t even shot it yet. Range this weekend!
9104B072-4FF3-4082-863B-CDC6C8D14433.jpeg
7E7D9C2C-74F4-4E93-AE6F-6E1C7373D168.jpeg

Continuing to buy stainless guns! [laugh]
Picked up this Marlin 1894CSBL 357 magnum last week. Goes great with the Dan Wesson revolver.

Just finished installing a ranger precision aluminum loading gate and reduced power Wolff hammer spring. Boy this thing is sweet. Haven’t even shot it yet. Range this weekend!
View attachment 331763
View attachment 331762
Wondering what the loading gate upgrade benefit is? Not familiar with lever action workings.
A beauty!

I installed the APEX trigger this morning and quickly shot 100 rounds off the back deck. The G44 has now seen 1000 suppressed rounds with only a few stove pipes when it gets dirty. My biggest complaint is you have to load the mags manually every 10 rounds. It’s 20 f***ing 20, by now we should have infinity mags or preloaded mags or maybe even 1000 round mags. Also, a “friend” not me of course, Rocksett the thread adapter on thinking that was really smart. Don’t do this, you have to remove the thread adapter to remove the barrel every cleaning. My “friend” had to soak his G44 in water overnight to remove the thread adapter.

My G44 with an APEX trigger and Dead Air Mask suppressor.

E910BD4F-C97C-477F-B302-E0605107262D.jpeg

I installed the APEX trigger this morning and quickly shot 100 rounds off the back deck. The G44 has now seen 1000 suppressed rounds with only a few stove pipes when it gets dirty. My biggest complaint is you have to load the mags manually every 10 rounds. It’s 20 f***ing 20, by now we should have infinity mags or preloaded mags or maybe even 1000 round mags. Also, a “friend” not me of course, Rocksett the thread adapter on thinking that was really smart. Don’t do this, you have to remove the thread adapter to remove the barrel every cleaning. My “friend” had to soak his G44 in water overnight to remove the thread adapter.

View attachment 331893
Ugh that’s got to be sooo much fun to shoot. So jealous.
Only suppressed gun I’ve shot was a Sig MPX or MCX last year. Can’t remember which model. But it was awesome.

Ugh that’s got to be sooo much fun to shoot. So jealous.
Only suppressed gun I’ve shot was a Sig MPX or MCX last year. Can’t remember which model. But it was awesome.
I’m shooting Eley subs and they cycle perfectly. They are just under the speed of sound. The Mask is definitely optimized for suppression, shooting subs without ear pro is completely comfortable.

DJG9QfOm.jpg

New optics on the Hellcat

Should be picking this up tonight, scope is on the UPS truck for delivery today.

Going to swap out the BX trigger for my KIDD Single Stage 2.0 Lb trigger on my other 10/22

View attachment 330801

Got it. Added the KIDD trigger. Vortex Diamondback 3x9x 40 mm scope with a tactical solutions scope mount.

Hope to sight it in and vet it tomorrow.

View attachment 330888

Replying to my own post. Took it to the Mansfield Appleseed today. Got my patch!

Had two stove pipes and one failure to extract (live round, had to use a cleaning rod, dented round)

Otherwise it was great. No complaints

Did about 250 rounds before the shoot without cleaning it and shot ~400+ rounds today.

View attachment 331893
You win this thread

So....had put a bunch of money away for paying taxes this year and wound up (for the first time in a decade) not owing any taxes

And after thinking about it for a year or two, decided to jump into the world of precision rifle shooting.

Have this on order in 6.5 Creedmoor and should be at the dealer in the next week or two - can't wait!

1581967685247.png

Haven't really purchased anything new in the past couple of years, but February is looking good!

So....had put a bunch of money away for paying taxes this year and wound up (for the first time in a decade) not owing any taxes

And after thinking about it for a year or two, decided to jump into the world of precision rifle shooting.

Have this on order in 6.5 Creedmoor and should be at the dealer in the next week or two - can't wait!

View attachment 332447

Haven't really purchased anything new in the past couple of years, but February is looking good!

Damn that thing looks amazing

View attachment 332447

What glass you thinking about?

What glass you thinking about?

So was originally thinking of this:
- and although you can get it for ~$1.8K, it may be more than I need to get into long range shooting to start and the price is a bit heavy

Alternative would be something like this:
which can be found in the $750 - $950 range depending on reticle choice - that might make it a bit more comfortable starting out

Would welcome thoughts opinions - save some money and start light and get a feel for what I want in a scope, or spend some more money upfront and have no regrets.

Gen3 G19, back from Suarez with a full monty... Grip reduction was part of the work. It is like glue in ones hands... Spectacular difference in grip. And the RMR is sweet.
G19_1.jpg
G19_2.jpg

G43X with Suarez RMR ready slide, an RMR will make it's way on in the near future...
G43X_1.jpg

G43X_2.jpg

G19 G43X_1.jpg

G19_G43X_2.jpg

Last edited:
I drank the kool-aid. Another polymer, striker fired 9mm in the safe. But this one possesses some sort of witchcraft. I wasn’t sold on a P365 until I put it in my hand and it put me under it’s spell. I won’t go into detail because damn near everyone already knows about it. There’s another one a few posts above 🙄I keep looking at it sideways expecting it to start speaking in tongues though, silly baby gun.
Seriously though, it points and shoots naturally, great trigger out of the box, great sights, not as snappy as anticipated considering it’s size, markedly cheaper than a used G43 (with more capacity) and the MA safety is perfectly placed and a welcome addition in my book. Did I cover everything everyone else has already touched on? Good.
5665DAC9-43A8-4D8A-81D9-1AECD6C6A922.jpeg49F9E618-0B7B-4EAB-B369-48A2D41645CA.jpeg

Last edited:
Picked up two this week.
Glad it is a short month.

First was a Ruger vacquero in 45 colt.
It's the older one with the beefier frame.
When I saw it a guy was checking it out.
I heard him say he was trying to stay away from impulse buys.

Thanks buddy.......not me.
I've been waiting for a 45 colt long enough.
It even came double boxed.
20200219_163049.jpg
20200219_164620.jpg

Next is an old gal I got stung by 80 ish
She's a Utica NY Savage
I'm going to have a lot of fun loading for her.
She'll be taken for walks in the woods and introduced to some kids.

20200220_160439.jpg
20200220_161259.jpg

Back
Top Bottom