New Acquisitions February 2020 - Firearms Only!

SW 629.jpg
Found this guy in a shop in Waltham. Very clean mid 80's (says "Lear-Siegler" on the box) 629. Must have been sitting in a safe for decades as it looks to have been used very little. At one point the factory grips were replaced with these Pachmayr's. They are tight and feel good in the hands, but I'm thinking about replacing them in interested in opinions as to whether I should.

View attachment 329035
Found this guy in a shop in Waltham. Very clean mid 80's (says "Lear-Siegler" on the box) 629. Must have been sitting in a safe for decades as it looks to have been used very little. At one point the factory grips were replaced with these Pachmayr's. They are tight and feel good in the hands, but I'm thinking about replacing them in interested in opinions as to whether I should.

That gun was the siren song but I ripped myself away from it. If I didn't I would have went with Ahrends Retro Target in Rosewood for that beauty!

View attachment 329035

Nice pick-up. You should use whatever feels (and looks) better to you.

Me, I'd keep the Pachmayrs for shooting but dress it up in a pair of nice S&W Target grips for looks.

Haven’t seen any videos or things related to the 44 is it like pot metal or a true feel but just in .22 glock?

It's basically 90% polymer. It feels like a high quality airsoft gun. Super light. SUUUUUPER Fun. I just gave it a bath and hosed it down with Silicone spray for lols. I feel like I need to maintain it like I maintain our airsoft guns.

I'm fixing to order 5k rounds off TSUSA so I can start running drills for dirt cheap.

It's basically 90% polymer. It feels like a high quality airsoft gun. Super light. SUUUUUPER Fun. I just gave it a bath and hosed it down with Silicone spray for lols. I feel like I need to maintain it like I maintain our airsoft guns.

I'm fixing to order 5k rounds off TSUSA so I can start running drills for dirt cheap.
Don't get 36gr!

That sounds pretty cool I’ll probably have to add one in. One of my next orders if they aren’t all allocated.

I'd like to pick one of those up, seems like it's a lot of fun on the cheap. Would be great to teach the kids as well.

That's really why I grabbed it. I carry a 19 for work, and G45s off duty. I wanted something I could train for cheap with the same controls. Plus... my wife wants to learn to shoot, and it's kind of dumb to try and train her on the Ruger 22/45 that I had, and then have to re-train her on the Glock. Plus, it fits all of my tactical widgets, so I didn't have to replace any of my gear.

So many wins.... even though I hated Glock for releasing it. LOL

Need some reports on how those puppies shoot.

Picked one up at FS Tuesday evening, was at the range this morning. Shot fine, and really, for $200, how can you complain? My only negative comment is the front sight is very thin and a little hard for my tired old eyes to pick up.

Back
Top Bottom