• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions - February 2016

Back to looking at shiny things that go bang.

20160206_130747_zpsztzpj1bl.jpg

It's a customized S&W. Not sure exactly what went into it but had to get it when I saw it. A few years back a member here had a hard chromed Colt with punisher grips that I absolutely loved the look. This one is very similar. Here's a better picture.

20160211_122209_zpsjgr8qgar.jpg

picked up an FNX45 today.

URL=http://s95.photobucket.com/user/riceslayer302/media/IMG_20160212_204418_zpshjs3gihf.jpg.html]
IMG_20160212_204418_zpshjs3gihf.jpg
[/URL]

vz61 scorpion, built from parts kit

can't wait to get the form 1 back and put the folding stock on. now to find 32acp locally in western ma. might have to run up to shooters outpost

sorry for semi blurry pic, my phones auto focus seems to suck lately(galaxy s6)

Sorry you are sick of hearing about price, but it is a part of the equation- or at least makes you wonder! I am not just hating on the price from a place of- say jealousy or naivety, either- I recently got rid of my SCAR 17s because, after putting it through the ringer, I concluded it NOT to be an excellent battle rifle and waaaay overpriced for what you get (although the Geissele Super Scar helped a bit- but that was an add on). At least with the black one, the color was consistent (I don't have much sand where I live so FDE was a non-starter)...Ended up selling and picking up a GAP 10, which I do deem to be an excellent rifle ;) To each his own.

A GAP 10 is 9000 pounds compared to a SCAR17. Maybe you bought the scar for the wrong reason. The two guns are not even in the same universe.

FN can get $2700 or whatever for it because the SCAR is the only .308 that is relatively lightweight and is not a piece of shit. You're paying for a lack of weight + a fair amount of reliability.

BTW anyone buying a rifle in FDE doesn't care about color matching or any of that bullshit. When you buy a gun in a vomit derivative color, you don't care about what it looks like. That's probably why they made it that way. It's not like it changes color after you buy it or something.

It makes me wonder why they couldn't or didn't make the damn upper and lower match or make them SO different that it was a clearly a conscious decision...

They did it on purpose to annoy people like you. [rofl]

-Mike

A GAP 10 is 9000 pounds compared to a SCAR17. Maybe you bought the scar for the wrong reason. The two guns are not even in the same universe.

FN can get $2700 or whatever for it because the SCAR is the only .308 that is relatively lightweight and is not a piece of shit. You're paying for a lack of weight + a fair amount of reliability.

BTW anyone buying a rifle in FDE doesn't care about color matching or any of that bullshit. When you buy a gun in a vomit derivative color, you don't care about what it looks like. That's probably why they made it that way. It's not like it changes color after you buy it or something.

They did it on purpose to annoy people like you. [rofl]

-Mike

You give the absolute most blunt responses and it's hilarious.

You give the absolute most blunt responses and it's hilarious.

Sometimes its a little much I admit but there usually is a few kernels of truth in there. You see things over and over again that validates stuff like that.

Actually there is one color worse than FDE... Magpul "Foliage". Now that is, REALLY, vomit derived.

-Mike

First Valentines Day single in four years, more than enough of a reason to treat myself! Took a ride to Shooters Outpost in Hookset, was impressed with the whole operation and my drive was validated when I saw the decent wall of Milsurps, ended up knocking two off my hit-list.

First up an Eddystone M1917, according to the serial was manufacture in September of 1918..
IMG_1899.jpg

And a gorgeous all matching 1905 Carl Gustav M96 Mauser, thing is in really solid shape for its age.
IMG_1903.jpg

(Looking at them on the post, the photo's sorta look like crap [frown] not sure why that is)

Last edited:
-Mike

Slightly disingenuous quote is disingenuous. My KAC SR25 weighs about .4 oz more than my SCAR, and has been found to be just as reliable. Id take one any day of the week over the GAP10.

Slightly disingenuous quote is disingenuous. My KAC SR25 weighs about .4 oz more than my SCAR, and has been found to be just as reliable. Id take one any day of the week over the GAP10.

I'll take a Scar for $1k less. The scar will have lower recoil, due to the sheer weight of the bolt carrier and where the carrier is located. The KAC Is still a gas gun, no more reliablr thsn my colt 6920, which is fine and is plenty reliable, but the SCARs operation is built in way to be a more reliable design, runs cleaner and cooler in adverse conditions. I would say the KAC is more of a precision gun like the GAP 10, again, a different gun for a different purposes. IMHO the scar is all alone in the battlerifle category, it performs everything exceptionally well, it's a fact that is tuff to swallow for alot of people, especially DI fans.

Details? I've got 1 1/2 Grendel builds. Lol. The second needs furniture. I'm still looking at glass.

I got PRSs on both my Grendel's and JP slick side tubes for the front, don't know what your budget for glass is but take a look at the Burris XTR2. I have one on a Grendel and I'm putting one on my Creedmoor, nice FFP scope for around a grand, kind of heavy though.

I want to see the SR-25 on a scale

I have both the SCAR17 and SR25. Im not stripping the optics off either to put on a scale, but the difference is pretty negligible. KAC is advertising the SR25 at ~8.4 lbs, and FN is advertising the 17 at about ~8 lbs.

Since I'm assuming I didn't win the cmp carbine lottery, and with the tax (gun) return coming in, I'd reward myself. Went a bit overboard but my god am I impressed. There's something about the work put into this thing. So here it is, the crown jewel of my collection at this point. A wilson combat cqb elite.

b767f8cd229513bd0bf77ff18ed09a93.jpg

Hopefully more quality pictures will come at the range this week.

Back
Top Bottom