• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions - February 2016

Where did you pick up the FDE?

Just picked up my SCAR 17.

Various Parker Mountain Machine accessories, Magpul grip, Geissele Super SCAR trigger, Troy forward grip.

attachment.php

was just there yesterday, nice score. Mags are expensive?

i picked up a second mag for $53.

it is more than a wilson combat 1911 mag but since the mpx is expensive anyway my $53 mag will fit right it.

the secret service was buying up a storm at the pro shop today. several agents were spending 2-3k each

Im so sick of hearing about price price price.....Im sure FN could easily make it match with a full coat of fde cerakote. The upper is anodized aluminum (looks green in actuality), the stock and lower are colored polymer, so u wont get consistent color depending who made the lower and stock.
I love the multi colors, i think it looks awesome. I don't think price should matter when it comes to color consistency, or have any relation, the love or hate for the color is purely opinion. The price reflects it's ability to be an excellent battle rifle, no more no less, color consistency is the least of my problems when im looking for a SHTF rifle, as long as it's not pink.

Oh, I want a Vortex PST 4-16x50 FFP with moa reticle.

Sorry you are sick of hearing about price, but it is a part of the equation- or at least makes you wonder! I am not just hating on the price from a place of- say jealousy or naivety, either- I recently got rid of my SCAR 17s because, after putting it through the ringer, I concluded it NOT to be an excellent battle rifle and waaaay overpriced for what you get (although the Geissele Super Scar helped a bit- but that was an add on). At least with the black one, the color was consistent (I don't have much sand where I live so FDE was a non-starter)...Ended up selling and picking up a GAP 10, which I do deem to be an excellent rifle ;) To each his own. Acknowledging your train of thought that the whole "color consistency is the least of my problems"- Sure, but for 30 $100 bills, It makes me wonder why they couldn't or didn't make the damn upper and lower match or make them SO different that it was a clearly a conscious decision...Like seeing a car that got a door replaced after a collision and the color is just off by a shade or two... WRT the Vortex PST... I am definitely warming up to the idea of Vortex scopes (I like the new Razors a lot). Isn't 4-16x a bit much for a shtf/ battle rifle?

Can we back off the scar hating now? The last time I checked this was America ( yes even in Massachusetts [shocked]) and rkw can buy whatever he wants cause 'merica! That's the beauty of the 2nd ammendment, rkw has the right to drop 3k on a rifle that he may just mount on his wall so all his call of duty buddies can jerk off to it and that's protected by the god damn bill of rights. Rant over, back to scheduled programming

Sorry you are sick of hearing about price, but it is a part of the equation- or at least makes you wonder! I am not just hating on the price from a place of- say jealousy or naivety, either- I recently got rid of my SCAR 17s because, after putting it through the ringer, I concluded it NOT to be an excellent battle rifle and waaaay overpriced for what you get (although the Geissele Super Scar helped a bit- but that was an add on). At least with the black one, the color was consistent (I don't have much sand where I live so FDE was a non-starter)...Ended up selling and picking up a GAP 10, which I do deem to be an excellent rifle ;) To each his own. Acknowledging your train of thought that the whole "color consistency is the least of my problems"- Sure, but for 30 $100 bills, It makes me wonder why they couldn't or didn't make the damn upper and lower match or make them SO different that it was a clearly a conscious decision...Like seeing a car that got a door replaced after a collision and the color is just off by a shade or two... WRT the Vortex PST... I am definitely warming up to the idea of Vortex scopes (I like the new Razors a lot). Isn't 4-16x a bit much for a shtf/ battle rifle?

If u went to a Gap 10 u didn't buy a battle rifle, you bought a precision rifle, clearly u went for accuracy rather than overall performance, recoil, reliability, weight, and accuracy as a whole, the scar can attain less than 1" with good ammo, The scar excels in all categories as a battle rifle I think ur fixated on accuracy alone, that's not what a scar is intended for. IMHO u bought the scar for the wrong reasons.
And as far as color goes, black does not blend in any better than fde in broad daylight, true black does not occur naturally, it's man made. For some reason u think something has to color match for it to be worth the money, and u seem to think FN had problems matching the color, isn't it possible fn went that route for a reason, I've seen plenty of multi color schemes on guns, and again, color preference is 100% opinion. Color schemes on cars can look good if done right, in my opinion the scar looks awesome with that color scheme. Also I think it's just another scar hating complaint that comes back to the price, It's just more hate.

the vortex scopes are an awesome option for the money, some can say just as good as a nightforce. I think a 4-16 is average for the scar, adding a 45 degree irons or a red dot can make it a very versatile weapon in all scenarios.

If u went to a Gap 10 u didn't buy a battle rifle, you bought a precision rifle, clearly u went for accuracy rather than overall performance, recoil, reliability, weight, and accuracy as a whole, the scar can attain less than 1" with good ammo, The scar excels in all categories as a battle rifle I think ur fixated on accuracy alone, that's not what a scar is intended for. IMHO u bought the scar for the wrong reasons.QUOTE]

Correct in the sense that I didn't buy a battle rifle to replace the SCAR (looked at my orig post and never said I sold it for the GAP 10 contingent on it being a replacement battle rifle)... We are on the same page there. I have owned several FNH firearms and, in particular, think it is strange that the FDE is different from upper/lower/slide/frame..Same as on the FNX. I don't think FN had/s a problem matching the color, I just am wondering why they chose to switch it up (the light in your picture really makes the contrast apparent)...Did not mean to cause a tussle- just a thought provoked by your picture.

Not fixated on accuracy alone- In all honestly, I didn't like all the plastic I encountered when I took the SCAR down to field strip, and had some trouble with feeding certain ammo... Also, proprietary mags. No need to defend it as "excelling" as a battle rifle- I have respect for it, just did not have a need/didn't think the juice was worth the squeeze. Again, looks like an awesome rig you have there!

If u went to a Gap 10 u didn't buy a battle rifle, you bought a precision rifle, clearly u went for accuracy rather than overall performance, recoil, reliability, weight, and accuracy as a whole, the scar can attain less than 1" with good ammo, The scar excels in all categories as a battle rifle I think ur fixated on accuracy alone, that's not what a scar is intended for. IMHO u bought the scar for the wrong reasons.QUOTE]

Correct in the sense that I didn't buy a battle rifle to replace the SCAR (looked at my orig post and never said I sold it for the GAP 10 contingent on it being a replacement battle rifle)... We are on the same page there. I have owned several FNH firearms and, in particular, think it is strange that the FDE is different from upper/lower/slide/frame..Same as on the FNX. I don't think FN had/s a problem matching the color, I just am wondering why they chose to switch it up (the light in your picture really makes the contrast apparent)...Did not mean to cause a tussle- just a thought provoked by your picture.

Not fixated on accuracy alone- In all honestly, I didn't like all the plastic I encountered when I took the SCAR down to field strip, and had some trouble with feeding certain ammo... Also, proprietary mags. No need to defend it as "excelling" as a battle rifle- I have respect for it, just did not have a need/didn't think the juice was worth the squeeze. Again, looks like an awesome rig you have there!

Probably sold it because you didnt put an Elcan on it.
#elcanmasterrace

I picked up a Savage Rascal .22, to teach my 10 yr old daughter with. [grin] While I was there, I couldn't help buying a Ruger 10/22 takedown. It was calling my name. [laugh]

*pics later

I picked up a Savage Rascal .22, to teach my 10 yr old daughter with. [grin] While I was there, I couldn't help buying a Ruger 10/22 takedown. It was calling my name. [laugh]

*pics later

The 10-22 takedown was the next step Ruger needed to go with that rifle,and I love mine.

I call him Terry Crews.. partially because of the white chicks line, of once you go black.. your gonna need a wheelchair.. and partly cause him in expendables is such a badass..

- - - Updated - - -

Or if me and rkwon get together maybe call them as a pair caramel, and chocolate...

I call him Terry Crews.. partially because of the white chicks line, of once you go black.. your gonna need a wheelchair.. and partly cause him in expendables is such a badass..

- - - Updated - - -

Or if me and rkwon get together maybe call them as a pair caramel, and chocolate...

Thats a lotta gun, haaa !

Back
Top Bottom