• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions December 2015

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0304.jpg

Last edited:
New to me & the wife: M&P9 full size. Came with a stream light and 3 mags, kydex holster and mag carrier.

Getting it to Greg Derr ASAP for a trigger job.

uploadfromtaptalk1450543490159.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Well I was hoping to get an AR this weekend, but ended up with another AK. Unfired Zastava n-pap ak47 with 3 mags and 500 rounds for $500. Couldn't pass it up.

20151219_174346.jpg

Awesome setup, i picked up the same Spikes billet set a few years ago and slowly putting together a build. Also very interested in the MRO, ive heard nothing but good reviews. TC Armory on youtube beat the crap out of it and it held up ok considering what he did to it.

Picked this up a few months ago while working in North Dakota, but didn't get around to cleaning it till tonight.
It was posted on some Facebook classifieds for just about $100. The seller didn't have a picture or description, just stated he needed money to get home to Idaho. I jumped on it and I'm glad I did.
I had assumed it would be a regular wood/blued 10/22, I was surprised to see it was a green laminate/ stainless made specifically for Walmart in the 90s.
Not very common, but not all that rare either. Cleaned up nice though. (I know lighting sucks, but it's all I have to work with at 4am lol)

20151221_031144.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome setup, i picked up the same Spikes billet set a few years ago and slowly putting together a build. Also very interested in the MRO, ive heard nothing but good reviews. TC Armory on youtube beat the crap out of it and it held up ok considering what he did to it.

Since multiple people were asking about the MRO-

Got the MRO out to the range yesterday...I would say bringing it up to my eye, it is faster than my Aimpoint T2 and out at 100 yds, almost the same sight picture. The larger objective (as I had assumed) made for really fast target aquisition in close. I also really like the mid-switch off (between brightness 3 and 4)..My T2 can be a pain to scroll through the first 4 or so NV settings to get to where I need the dot. I also like how the illumination is on the top instead of on the side of the optic.

The "ugly"- The clicks for windage elevation are not very tactile- They more "scroll" than click (it is nice to be able to use a flat head instead of the Aimpoint turret cap upside down). Also, the ocular and objective seem to be really exposed- I am not sure if that will be a factor, but the T2 seems to have a bit more protection as far as the glass goes. Regarding the glass- it is Trijicon clear (I actually like my Trijicon Accupoint better than my NF NXS when it comes to clarity) but there is a blue hue to the glass (not a big deal). Finally, unlike the Aimpoint, you can get dizzy keeping both eyes open- it is not a true 1X. Very comfortable with your dominant eye open, but shooting with both gets annoying due to the non-overlapping images..not a big deal, but different.

All and all, I am happy with the purchase. I saved about 300$ considering I was just going to buy another T2. I will keep it on my 300 blk until i have a really good reason to take it off.

Bottom line- If you find a good deal on one, it is worth the money (I paid $415).

V.R

DTE

Here's my brand new auto ordinance 1927-a1!

Attachments

• IMG_20151220_070244592.jpg
    IMG_20151220_070244592.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20151220_070133489.jpg
    IMG_20151220_070133489.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 77
Putting this little guy together this weekend..300 BLK..Not pictured is my Hex 5 buffer tube, BUIS, and Trij MRO. Have to get the overall length so I can submit my stamp paperwork.

I might be missing something here, why do you need a stamp for that? Isn't that an ace brace on the back? Wouldn't that make it a pistol?

I'm assuming that his intention is to put a stock on it and the brace allows him to both use it in the meantime and to get an OAL measurement.

That is gorgeous.. that would be the ak i would buy now if i didnt have my norinco

I don't want to piss on his buy.....
5d9ad1cdac0df5b149ca6e0b3d20474e.jpg

There using cast parts
You'd save money and get a 100x better gun buying a parts kit . Getting shifted face with any one of the many people on this site and bang out a ak.

Century, IO and PSA are using cast trunnions. There's a reason the parts are forged vs cast.

Ras47 after 35 rds of golden tiger .
9eadf47dfe436f1a0debc6fb3bf74a27.jpg

a56062e6839793ad90740210ec7c35ad.jpg

ebe874e14af97eba2a4d5e93245f6dec.jpg

Last edited:
Shit ben... i didnt hear anything out that... ive just heard good reports about it..

Never thought id say.. jeez they dont make em like the chinese or russians...

Shit ben... i didnt hear anything out that... ive just heard good reports about it..

Never thought id say.. jeez they dont make em like the chinese or russians...

[video=youtube_share;pele5vptVgc]http://youtu.be/pele5vptVgc[/video]

If you think about the cost to set up tooling to build a ak it's going to cost a bunch in America or they cut corners .

Last edited:
my dad's christmas present arrived today...

lucky bastard he is... i want to keep it for myself in the worst way haha

Back
Top Bottom