New Acquisitions August 2019

6/43 Underwood M1 Carbine by serial number, 8/44 by barrel date...so either a rejected/reused serial number on the receiver, or a re-barrel...ME is .5. Underwood bolt and op-rod, IBM stock and trigger group. 1943 J.S.& S. stock pouch, Tweedie 1944 muzzle cover. Still has push button safety and no bayonet mount.

To preempt any questions, I am a lefty.

t

Attachments

• IMG_8045.jpg
    IMG_8045.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_8046.jpg
    IMG_8046.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_8047.jpg
    IMG_8047.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_8048.jpg
    IMG_8048.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_8049.jpg
    IMG_8049.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_8050.jpg
    IMG_8050.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Don’t forget to use a range disabler

I found a youtube video of how to bypass the active fuel management system for 6 speed transmissions. I checked mine. I can manually shift it as well. But I haven't tested it yet. I have an 8 speed transmission and I can manually shift the gears. So I need to see if I can bypass V4 mode in and up to the 7th gear. That would mean I only need to be in D or drive on the highway. According to the video once you get up to about 60 the active fuel management system automatically activates.

Anyway, very interesting and will be experimenting later this evening to see if the manual mode works on an 8 speed transmission to bypass the active fuel management system.

Yup. It works even on the 8 speed. Manually switched to 7 and the indicator remained in v8 mode. put it back in D and it switched to v4 mode. So easy enough to bypass.

Last edited:
I found a youtube video of how to bypass the active fuel management system for 6 speed transmissions. I checked mine. I can manually shift it as well. But I haven't tested it yet. I have an 8 speed transmission and I can manually shift the gears. So I need to see if I can bypass V4 mode in and up to the 7th gear. That would mean I only need to be in D or drive on the highway. According to the video once you get up to about 60 the active fuel management system automatically activates.

Anyway, very interesting and will be experimenting later this evening to see if the manual mode works on an 8 speed transmission to bypass the active fuel management system.

Yup. It works even on the 8 speed. Manually switched to 7 and the indicator remained in v8 mode. put it back in D and it switched to v4 mode. So easy enough to bypass.

Just sucks to do it every time. Range FTW! I have the same truck but with a 6 speed. [cheers]

6/43 Underwood M1 Carbine by serial number, 8/44 by barrel date...so either a rejected/reused serial number on the receiver, or a re-barrel...ME is .5. Underwood bolt and op-rod, IBM stock and trigger group. 1943 J.S.& S. stock pouch, Tweedie 1944 muzzle cover. Still has push button safety and no bayonet mount.

To preempt any questions, I am a lefty.

t

IMG_8655.PNG

Picked up an A300 Outlander earlier this month and finally shot it yesterday. Three trap rounds 18,15,14. Should have stopped at the first string lol
Not mine but similar:
40A6AFE4-0937-4A04-92E4-0A0A8D0162C4.jpeg

And I might be buying a new car this weekend after the engine block in my Edge cracked at 48.5k miles. [angry2]

Back
Top Bottom