New Acquisitions: April 2018

The muzzle brake needs to be timed. Looks to be off by 1/8 turn or 5/8 turn. I have the same set up, but in 9mm. Doesn't do anything for 9mm, but it looks cool.
20180417_133159_Fortis_600.jpg

Assuming that’s a brake and blast can? I’m wondering when you say it doesn’t do anything for 9mm do you mean the brake itself or the can? I recently picked up a Lantac Dragon and A2 BMD for a short 9mm, haven’t put it on yet, any thoughts on that or do you think it’s strictly cosmetic for a PCC? Thanks.

Assuming that’s a brake and blast can? I’m wondering when you say it doesn’t do anything for 9mm do you mean the brake itself or the can? I recently picked up a Lantac Dragon and A2 BMD for a short 9mm, haven’t put it on yet, any thoughts on that or do you think it’s strictly cosmetic for a PCC? Thanks.

The brake itself provided slight perceived muzzle rise reduction. But then adding the blast shield eliminates any of that benefit. This combination felt the same as a $20 KAK blast can. Experiences may differ for those using this combo with 223.

My acquisition this month: tiny hand stop. I was expecting to get a B5 knockoff. But received a ridiculously small part. Got what I paid for.
20180417_195816_Grip_Stop_600.jpg

Understood. The Dragon and BMD wasn’t cheap by any means ($$), just hoping it helps contain the flash and protect my night vision a little more for HD. Trial and error I suppose. Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:
Busy with CZ lately. Got my Sp01 Shadow back from Cajun and my RHT holster and mount for the Shadow 2.View attachment 230672 View attachment 230673
I've already spent too much money this month and you have to show me things like this? Just bought this last Thursday from Rigel on here. Have replacement hex bushings and screws coming then moving onto my next project, which is finishing up my HK USC. Have all the parts needed except for a stock block. Can't decide if I want the factory stock folding stock (which came with it) or to use an AR or AK stock block since the factory stock is kind of terrible.
153kv4i.jpg

Last edited:
The muzzle brake needs to be timed. Looks to be off by 1/8 turn or 5/8 turn. I have the same set up, but in 9mm. Doesn't do anything for 9mm, but it looks cool.
20180417_133159_Fortis_600.jpg
Yeah it wasnt pinned yet just mocked up. All set now and really wish I didn't bother because the Smith when cleaning up the weld took a little metal off so now it doesn't clip as well as it did before performing the work

Picking up some gift cards a few minutes ago at Holliston Firearms (Mark Heavner's place), and was asking when will the Ruger PC carbines start showing up. As we were talking the UPS(?) guy came in, and he had a box of them. I walked out with one, and the price was very competitive (a little above FS prices. Mark said he had 3 left, so if you are so inclined you may want to get on the phone. Looking forward to setting it up for Glock mags and heading to the range.

Picking up some gift cards a few minutes ago at Holliston Firearms (Mark Heavner's place), and was asking when will the Ruger PC carbines start showing up. As we were talking the UPS(?) guy came in, and he had a box of them. I walked out with one, and the price was very competitive (a little above FS prices. Mark said he had 3 left, so if you are so inclined you may want to get on the phone. Looking forward to setting it up for Glock mags and heading to the range.
Make sure when putting the barrel on, you tighten the barrel locking nut (black plastic knurled band around barrel where it mates to receiver) , it's hard to grasp it, and easy to overlook in the instructions; if you don't tighten it the thing will lock together but barrel won't be firmly attached.

Back
Top Bottom