• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New acquisition!

What do you guys think? I know it's not a 45, but sure is fun to shoot. 9MM built Aug 2014, owner put less than a box through it. Looked like the second mag never had a round in it. Absolutely mint!

BTW, looking for extra mags if anyone wants to part with a couple.

000_0425.jpg

Last edited:
Nice. 9mm 1911's are awesome. I had one for awhile and it shot well. Finish internally wasn't great (lot of tooling marks in the chamber area) for how much it cost but was always reliable. I've since sold it in order to buy a dan wesson PM9.

I haven't been on this site for a REAL long while- but here is my newest acquisition as of last night....Can't wait to finish this build!

IMG_6906.jpg

Thanks! It is going to be a 260 Rem. I have a Rock Creek 22" barrel in the mail (after 5 months of waiting). Sendero contour, 1/7. It is going to sit in an XLR Carbon Chassis with a NightForce NXS 3.5-15x.

Is that the long action? What are you building? I want to get rid of my 308 and get into something 6mm.

Brian, it is a SA. Yeah 6.5mm calibers are amazing. This will be my second 260 Rem. Similar trajectories at yardage with 1/3 the recoil of a 300 win mag. If you are looking to build one, I just listed a McMillan A3 stock, Pacific Tool and Gauge bottom metal, and NF base for an absolute steal in the classifieds [grin]

Quick question. Why .260? I mean, there's nothing wrong with it, but 6.5 Creedmoore, 6mm Norma or 6.5x47 bring better ballistics to the table, and the Creedmoore is starting to be found on shelves in several match grade flavours. Unless you reload, I do not see an advantage.
Also, please let me know how the fit with the XLR bedding is.
What scope base/mount are you going for? Badger as well?

Quick question. Why .260? I mean, there's nothing wrong with it, but 6.5 Creedmoore, 6mm Norma or 6.5x47 bring better ballistics to the table, and the Creedmoore is starting to be found on shelves in several match grade flavours. Unless you reload, I do not see an advantage.
Also, please let me know how the fit with the XLR bedding is.
What scope base/mount are you going for? Badger as well?

Hey Frenchman, I am going with 260 rem because I have been reloading it for a while now and have some great data. I like the speed and barrel life but not enough to turn my nose up to Creedmor or Norma. Also, I had the opportunity to go to Titusville to KAC and the amount of contract guns being made in 260 right now gives me hope that more and more companies will put more into their 260 offerings. I get free once fired .308 BH brass where I work so that keeps costs low (but the factory loaded 260 is either garbage or way too $$). I will definitely report on how the XLR works out- Regarding Scope/Base, I have used BO rings before but for this build I have NF rings and an NXS 3.5-15x.

Hah! I just realized this isn't the New Acquisitions for October thread. Whoops! Please bump me over if necessary. I plead ignorance!

Hey Frenchman, I am going with 260 rem because I have been reloading it for a while now and have some great data. I like the speed and barrel life but not enough to turn my nose up to Creedmor or Norma. Also, I had the opportunity to go to Titusville to KAC and the amount of contract guns being made in 260 right now gives me hope that more and more companies will put more into their 260 offerings. I get free once fired .308 BH brass where I work so that keeps costs low (but the factory loaded 260 is either garbage or way too $$). I will definitely report on how the XLR works out- Regarding Scope/Base, I have used BO rings before but for this build I have NF rings and an NXS 3.5-15x.
If I go with rings instead of a one piece mount, there's no doubt I'll go with the Badger rings as well. Best on the market IMO. I'd love an NXS as well and particularly like the illuminated MOAR reticule. They're overbuilt, just as I like it. I am saving my pennies to assemble a rifle, and my wish list is :
REM700 action. I'd love a Stiller, but in my present financial situation, I'll have to settle and compromise.
Bartlein, Krieger or Shillen barrel. Haven't heard about Rock Creek barrels yet, but will check them out. Sounds like you know what you're doing.
Cadex defense chassis. I like the EVO XLR as well. SABRE defense would be my first choice, but I'm not spending the money of 2 Ruger RPR on a chassis alone.
Ill probably keep it simple with a PRS stock.
The whole shebang will be in .308, because I don't reload and the offerings in .308 match are endless. As for glass, I am looking into the NF SHV line. The only thing I'm dead set on is either Badger rings or a Spuhr one piece on a Vortex base.

If I go with rings instead of a one piece mount, there's no doubt I'll go with the Badger rings as well. Best on the market IMO. I'd love an NXS as well and particularly like the illuminated MOAR reticule. They're overbuilt, just as I like it. I am saving my pennies to assemble a rifle, and my wish list is :
REM700 action. I'd love a Stiller, but in my present financial situation, I'll have to settle and compromise.
Bartlein, Krieger or Shillen barrel. Haven't heard about Rock Creek barrels yet, but will check them out. Sounds like you know what you're doing.
Cadex defense chassis. I like the EVO XLR as well. SABRE defense would be my first choice, but I'm not spending the money of 2 Ruger RPR on a chassis alone.
Ill probably keep it simple with a PRS stock.
The whole shebang will be in .308, because I don't reload and the offerings in .308 match are endless. As for glass, I am looking into the NF SHV line. The only thing I'm dead set on is either Badger rings or a Spuhr one piece on a Vortex base.

Badger rings are amazing. I have them on my GAP10. I love how they are serialized as a set. NXS's are super overbuilt. You are on the right path with the SHV line. A shooting buddy of mine has one and it does everything the NXS does..I realize it isn't as overbuilt, but very few people actually put their scopes through the ringer enough to justify the extra cost of an NXS- I just happened to stumble across one.
Definitely check out Rock Creek Barrels- mark my words..they are the new hotness- "people" are using them a lot OCONUS these days. That said, I am a big fan of Bartlein (the GAP has one). Also I run a PRS on the GAP..great stocks. I am giving the XLR Tactical buttstock a try- I want to see how light I can make this build and how it transitions from the flat range to the woods.

I had a Rem700 action for this build but met a guy that works for BO at Warrior Expo this year and he gave me an offer I couldn't refuse on the M2013...cant wait to see if it lives up to the hype! (I actually have the McMillan A3 and PTG bottom metal for sale since I am getting the XLR now). REM700 actions are all you need though. Get it trued and blueprinted and you are good to go.

Be sure to check out Rock Creek as well as the SHV- great choices!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom