New 9MM EZ Shield from S&W

No-Thumb and Thumb Safety:
Still has the palm/backstrap safety though...
ez-gun-list02-nts.png
ez-gun-list01.png

I have the 380, I wonder how the 9 compares recoil-wise? I'd love to be able to shoot 9 again.
Not only do I have arthritis in my right hand, I'm writing this post with broken right wrist.
Maybe some day an EZ45?

This is great news, will probably get one as a gift for my dad who has issues managing his 1911 because of an old hand injury.

Also looks decent for use as a training gun for beginners.

-Mike.

^
Same here. The old man has broken steel in his hand and can barely operate a beretta slide. This is tempting.

This 9MM EZ is actually hammer fired. The hammer is hidden and cocked when the slide actuates. I guess you'll be carrying cocked and not locked, unless you have one with a manual safety, if you have one in the hole. The trigger, itself, does not have any safety features built onto it. If you don't get one with a manual safety it looks like you'll be relying solely on the grip safety. Maybe there is a firing pin block mechanism in the slide of some kind, I don't know.

Last edited:
I knew the EZ380 was hammer fired, but haven't looked at the 9EZ yet, so I was wondering. Whether hammer fired, or striker fired, handguns are frequently "cocked" and unlocked. Although I don't mind the grip safeties on a 1911, for some reason I don't like them on the EZ's. Just a personal preference.
This 9MM EZ is actually hammer fired. The hammer is hidden and cocked when the slide actuates. I guess you'll be carrying cocked and not locked, unless you have one with a manual safety, if you have one in the hole. The trigger, itself, does not have any safety features built onto it. If you don't get one with a manual safety it looks like you'll be relying solely on the grip safety. Maybe there is a firing pin block mechanism in the slide of some kind, I don't know.

No-Thumb and Thumb Safety:
Still has the palm/backstrap safety though...

It's not striker fired, so I would guess it was part of the solution to making the gun drop safe. I don't think I want a single action, hammer-fired carry gun with no thumb safety, no trigger safety, and no grip safety. I experimented with the grip safety some after my wife got her 380 EZ. I don't have any problem with it, and it is nice to have when re-holstering. My wife tells me the top of it bothers the webbing of her hand a little when she grips high and tight, but I'm thinking that might go away as she gets more used to shooting it.

I had an elderly client who sold his Glock 26 and 17 because of arthritis. We ended up going with a revolver because that was easier for him to use, but I wonder if this would have been good for him.

Looks like another winner for S&W. I love my wife’s 380ez, it’s like shooting a 22, only more expensive ammo wise!

Back
Top Bottom