New 22LR design?

Phone number is for South Africa... But I am wondering how real it is...

attachment.php

Attachments

• mil.JPG
    mil.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 270
From Sniper's Hide for what its worth:

"Mr. Schultz,

Saw a lot of discussion on some boards regarding this particular South African ammunition manufacturer. I know it is a big country, but have you ever come across them or know anything about their work ? Their link is below and as Noel said thanks for all your contributions.

Here is what I know:
1. There is no facility for manufacturing rimfire ammunition in South Africa.
2. Farrel Orlanov of Viper Bullets applied for the patent on the jacketed 22 rimfire bullet. He currently lives in South Africa.
3. There is no website for Viper Bullets and no registered address or phone number that I can find.
4. The components for this rimfire ammunition will not be made in South Africa.
5. Orlanov says he may ask Eley in the UK to make the ammunition.
6. Orlanov says there is no firm date for a launch of this ammunition but "it is on the go."
7. The registered address listed on the UK patent application belongs to a Lou Guthrie.
8. The DNS information for the Rimfire Universe domain lists the owner as Jason Guthrie.
9. The phone number that is given on Rimfire Universe for Orlanov is also the South African phone number for sascosupplies.com, who do security and electric fencing. They are based in Tanzania.
10. The domain owner of sasco is Alhaj Araf Sykes, with an address in the UK."

i call shenanigans.

but if it werent, it wouldnt last long. some moron would load it into a tube-fed rifle, drop said rifle, and watch 15 rounds of .22lr simultaneously go off.

(for some reason that's what popped in my head as soon as i saw that [laugh] )

Some of that looked interesting. I was surprised when shooting some 22lr how accurate it was at 100 yards. I never really thought it was going to be much beyond 50. We did try some at 200 yards but took a while to site in with the big drop. We were using his Winchester 52. It could be even better with different bullets. My only concern is that the price might jump up to what I am paying for 223 now.

site looks so cheesy it almost seems like a spoof haha

who knows, maybe the stuff will be ok. that infantry looks almost too long to feed into my rifle reliably though. i can hit clays at 100 yards with regular stuff, i might just stick to that.

i call shenanigans.

but if it werent, it wouldnt last long. some moron would load it into a tube-fed rifle, drop said rifle, and watch 15 rounds of .22lr simultaneously go off.

(for some reason that's what popped in my head as soon as i saw that [laugh] )

Rim fire.. I think you would be ok.

LOL. I like how they have a picture of a big warthog on the FMJ section.
Good luck killing a warty with any .22 LR configuration.
Even the porcupine pictured in the HP section is a bit of a stretch. The porky I shot in RSA weighed about 30 lbs. with quills over a foot long.
Lots of hype in that web page.

That hoax website is still exists? That website has been around for 2-3 years, unchanged. It stirred a lot of attention on rimfirecentral.com (great place). Several people researched it and came up dry. I was interested because I lived in CA at the time. There are large sections of CA that are off limits to lead in rifles & pistols because a California Condore might eat a piece from an unclaimed kill. Strangely, you can use lead shotgun shot though [thinking]

That hoax website is still exists? That website has been around for 2-3 years, unchanged. It stirred a lot of attention on rimfirecentral.com (great place). Several people researched it and came up dry. I was interested because I lived in CA at the time. There are large sections of CA that are off limits to lead in rifles & pistols because a California Condore might eat a piece from an unclaimed kill. Strangely, you can use lead shotgun shot though [thinking]

Oops! I guess I was fooled too...

Ridiculous. Imagine trying to move such a large round down a barrel with that small thing... and the thin weak brass it would be made of. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom