• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New 2020 Python

Beautiful gun. Glad they got it all sorted. I don't think I can bear to watch another one of that kids videos. My grammer nazi senses tingle with every word.

The old ones are really good, but they aren't as good as people "remember". The old ones also finicky and have a range of issues such as maintaining timing.
I have and older 8 inch Python and its been perfect throughout the years, it was my dads and now mine. I've taken a lot of deer with the Python and one is the third biggest Northeast buck I've ever shot. Somebody in the current PCC thread was saying only an irresponsible hunter would use a pistol caliber to hunt game, I was like 🤷🏼‍♂️

Reptile: That video is from February 2020. Just saying.
Yes, I am aware it is a year old.

There has not been much discussion about the problems of their fixes since the gun came out.

I would not mind having one but was concerned because of initial reports of problems.

They are still hard to get though and not sure when they will have Mass compliant models available.

I haven't had my 2020 Python out of the safe lately. I ran out of .38 special and only have one box of .357 left so no revolver shooting for me for a while. .38 and .357 seem like it's non-obtainium even more than other popular calibers. I know this has been discussed on some of the ammo threads. I think I'll take the 2 S&W revolvers and the Python out of the safe tomorrow for a little dry fire and oiling.

I haven't had my 2020 Python out of the safe lately. I ran out of .38 special and only have one box of .357 left so no revolver shooting for me for a while. .38 and .357 seem like it's non-obtainium even more than other popular calibers. I know this has been discussed on some of the ammo threads. I think I'll take the 2 S&W revolvers and the Python out of the safe tomorrow for a little dry fire and oiling.

If yours is a 6" model, I'll trade you for 2,000 rounds of .38! ;)

Frank

Don’t do it! The CMP still has .357 mag available (with the Hornady 125 XTP bullet) for $168 for a 240 round case.

Yes I know. I've been trying to get back with them. My affiliated "club" status expired and although I have emailed them my current membership card 3 times they still haven't updated my profile.

Here's what I get when I go to checkout:

Screenshot_2021-01-26 Civilian Marksmanship Program eStore.jpg

Last edited:
Boy, #YOUTOO finally gave up to the abuse and you are now wondering around like a lost puppy looking for an adoption. [slap]

Here is your one and the only reason. Don't you ever forget it!

View attachment 321598

Did you have to put her (?) pic up? Anybody who sees this pic won't be able to get an erection for days.

The old ones are really good, but they aren't as good as people "remember". The old ones also finicky and have a range of issues such as maintaining timing.
I have to disagree. I recently got a 1981 vintage 6" blued Python, and it is by far the best revolver I have ever shot. Even double action is amazing. Goes bang every time

In stock...
Colt Python 4.25"

I got the "new" 2020 Python to the range today for the first real workout. I fired 42 rounds of Perfecta .357 magnum in DA and SA and didn't not have any problems whatsoever. No light strikes and no mechanical issues with the firearm. I will say that the wood grips look nice but I think I'll switch them out to rubber grips that should give me a better grip on things. I wish I had some .38 special but I went through what I had of that during the initial firing months ago. 👍👍

Last edited:
I got the "new" 2020 Python to the range today for the first real workout. I fired 42 rounds of Perfecta .357 magnum in DA and SA and didn't not have any problems whatsoever. No light strikes and no mechanical issues with the firearm. I will say that the wood grips look nice but I think I'll switch them out to rubber grips that should give me a better grip on things. I wish I had some .38 special but I went through what I had of that during the initial firing months ago.
🤞
🤞

So you did have problems with it? [smile]

Forget price. I think the first question is: Will they ever become available to buy in Massachusetts? Bueller? Bueller? [thinking]

I would bet "never" by a landside. If you want one badly you will need to use a masterclass level wallhack to get it.

I only see one Colt on the “list”. Do they just not submit samples?
Colt has always been reluctant to play the Massachusetts handgun certification extortion game. [thinking]
I would bet "never" by a landslide. If you want one badly you will need to use a masterclass level wallhack to get it.
LOL!!!!! [laugh] For right now, new and old Python prices remain insane and out of my league... so moot point. [dance]

Back
Top Bottom