New 2000 yard range, northern NH

KBCraig

NES Member
This was formerly the home of the Dalton Gang cowboy action club. One of the co-owners of Team O'Neill racing and rally school (they own the mountain right across the road) bought the property and is turning it tacticool for speshul operators.

Opening in Spring 2019, The Ridgeline Training Center is located in Dalton NH and is set to become New England's premier tactical training facility. Situated on nearly 80 acres, our facility is designed by Special Operators and purpose-built to support world-class training, as well as Research, Development, Testing, and Evaluation.

Facilities Include:
-100 yard Pistol/Carbine Bay
-(3) 25x50 yard Pistol/Carbine Bays
-Rogers Range
-20x25 yard Pistol Bay
-Multi-purpose Rifle Range with lanes to 300/400/600 yards
-700 yard Field Fire Range
-750 yard UKD Range
-1050 yard Wind Course
-2041 yard ELR Range
-Classroom
-Pro Shop

RIDGELINE

Most of the lodging and meals will probably be in Littleton, but I still welcome them to my district, and invite all of their students and guests to come visit. :)

For those of you who have never been, the range is In. The. Boonies!

In six years here, I think I've seen six black bears total. Three of them were while driving out to that range.

Where in Dalton is this? The only semi-decent range that I’m aware of is the Alder Brook range in Bethlehem on 116 between Whitefield and Littleton. My sister and BIL live in Dalton.

Where in Dalton is this?

"has purchased the 70 acre parcel of land located across the street from the school on Miller Road"

"The new owner has a broader vision to turn the area on Miller Road into a destination where people can escape suburbia for time well spent camping and developing other rural skills such as firearms training, forestry training and even learning how to drive a manual transmission." [rofl]

Dalton shooting range changes ownership

Where in Dalton is this?
If you have to ask, you can't get there. ;)

I think I've seen six bears total since moving here in 2012, and three of them were on the way out to this range.

The only semi-decent range that I’m aware of is the Alder Brook range in Bethlehem on 116 between Whitefield and Littleton. My sister and BIL live in Dalton.
I've not been to Alder Brook (they're not very responsive to inquiries), but from what I've read of their rules, I probably wouldn't be welcome there.

Groveton Fish & Game has good 25 yard pistol & rimfire ranges, archery ranges, and 100/200 yard rifle ranges. During snow months, the driveway and parking may or may not be plowed (all volunteer club), but it's open every day of the year for members who have the combination to the gate.

Even though Dalton Gang was focused on Cowboy Action, they had a pretty good facility. I've been there as an instructor (providing rifles and ammo) for newbie shoots, while other ranges were available for machinegun shoots.

You should be able to recognize the range from this screen grab off of Google Maps. The dark slash pointing NNE was a steep uphill steel plate range.

Attachments

• dalton shooting.png
    dalton shooting.png
    813 KB · Views: 60
Gents,
Thanks for the interest in what we've got going on up here. I'm available to answer any questions you may have about the project. Yes, we have a strategic partnership with the Team O'Neil Rally School. They are located directly across the street from us and we have over a dozen ranges located on their 583 acre property, to include our 2k ELR range. Some of you may be aware that the New England PRS match has been held there the last two years, we will continue that this year and are working with other clubs/ranges across New England to facilitate a schedule of 1-day PRS and DM/SPR club matches that won't interfere with each other. It seems some of you are familiar with the Dalton Gang Range, our renovation will maximize the potential of the property for classes, training, and range rentals.

Turning to the issues of open range time and memberships, at this time we will not be offering memberships. Our original project in Winchester a couple of years ago was based around being a member driven facility, however due to the size, terrain, and layout of the Dalton facility (coupled with our workload) it's not feasible to allow for total access at this time. That being said, we are scheduling Open Range Days for both the short range bays and the long ranges (to include our new wind course) in order to allow folks access without being in a class. We want you to come shoot!

On the subject of classes and training, not only are we finally scheduling our own Open Enrollment classes but we are scheduling many of the top instructors in the country throughout the year such as Jared Reston, Dan Brokos, Matt Jaques, Don Edwards, Ben Dewalt, Ken Allen, Curt Drewel, MDFI and more every day. You can find their courses under our "Guest Instructor" tab. Additionally, we welcome any Local or Regional Instructors in need of range space to contact us. We know how hard it is for companies up here to find places to conduct classes without having to deal with club Boards etc. Having done the "road show" so much ourselves, we try to make it as easy as possible for those instructors to run their classes by assisting in the admin and logistics, both prior to and during the course.

Our mission is simple, to provide world-class training to Armed Professionals and vetted Civilians, and to be stewards of the shooting community in an effort to aid its growth and acceptance. We look forward to seeing you on the range.

I'll have to take a drive by and check the place out when I'm staying at the Mountain View this summer.

After chatting with Rudy over email about some other things, I am enrolling in their Scoped Carbine class in August. I am very excited to get up there and check out this facility!
What scope if you don't mind sharing. I'm very interested in checking this place out, and was sort of eyeing up that course too. But mine are not scoped today (red dot and irons) Though I do have a Nikon bdc laying around that I grabbed when they were on sale like a year or so back...and I'm thinking of throwing it on to save some money.

-but if everyone is using a regular reticle, I might cough up some coin and go get some adjustable glass instead.

What scope if you don't mind sharing. I'm very interested in checking this place out, and was sort of eyeing up that course too. But mine are not scoped today (red dot and irons) Though I do have a Nikon bdc laying around that I grabbed when they were on sale like a year or so back...and I'm thinking of throwing it on to save some money.

-but if everyone is using a regular reticle, I might cough up some coin and go get some adjustable glass instead.

Vortex Viper PST II 2-10x with an offset RMR. In truth I wish I had a better scope to put on that rifle, but such is life. This scope will do for learning.

Gents,
Thanks for the interest in what we've got going on up here. I'm available to answer any questions you may have about the project.
I'm very interested in the Precision 1.5 or 2.0 class here. I get that this is the grand opening, but have you assembled enough curriculum that you can comment on the differences? Is it primarily leaving Prone? Can you share who's teaching, and their background?

I'm very interested in the Precision 1.5 or 2.0 class here. I get that this is the grand opening, but have you assembled enough curriculum that you can comment on the differences? Is it primarily leaving Prone? Can you share who's teaching, and their background?

Precision 1.5 is a two-day course "designed for beginner/intermediate shooters, and adds a second day to our Intro course. Graduates of this course will be able to achieve a hit rate of 80% or above on B/C sized or smaller targets to distances of 700+ yards, without technological aids or the use of a spotter." If you have not received formal instruction on precision rifle shooting I tell people to start here.

Precision 2.0 "begins with foundations of manipulations and the progressions of increasing shot to shot speeds. This course also exposes shooters to wind reading techniques and shooting from alternate positions. Graduates of this course will be able to hold groups 2moa or smaller from positions other than prone and engage targets on our wind course from 350-1050 yards with a hit rate of 80% or above." This course is extremely fast paced and we hit the ground running. There is a very small window at the beginning of day one to solve individual disparity in proficiency, if you're not sure I would recommend starting with 1.5.

The Ridgeline Instructor Cadre uniquely blends over 100 years of Military and Law Enforcement Special Operations experience into a purpose-driven and refined curriculum designed for student success. Ridgeline is comprised by Active and Former members of the U.S. Army Special Forces, the United States Marine Corps Scout/Sniper and Force Reconnaissance Communities, as well as State Police Emergency Response and EOD Teams. Our Instructors take immense pride in their work and continue their professional development through training, deployments, call outs, and competitions, to include 1st place and top 5 finishes at the U.S. Army International Sniper Competition, the U.S. Army Special Operations Command Sniper Competition, the Gastonia Sniper Conference, the Connecticut SWAT Challenge, and the 2018 King of Two Mile Championship. We keep class sizes under 12 students and strive to maintain a 1:4 student/instructor ratio, never going more than 1:6. You'll more than likely have a combination of Rudy, Dave, Joe, and myself.

If you have any more questions feel free to drop me a line at [email protected], I check forums every few days but strive to return emails before close of business each day.

V/R,
Alex

would love to hear additional details about carbine classes beyond whats posted on site, particularly carbine 2.0 and up

Carbine 2.0 focuses on 150y and in, specifically developing the gun skill required for CQC. Lots of focus on speed, target to target transitions, pri/sec transitions, shooting on the move, etc. Carbine 3.0 focuses on the midrange, 0-400 where we push shooters to apply the speed they've developed in 2.0 to targets at further distances. Our range setup is unique and allows us to transition targets from 0-400 without moving the shooters. Scoped Carbine is the Open Enrollment version of our DM mod1 Course we teach primarily to Mil/LE clients, it's awesome and one of our favorite to teach. It's no secret Rudy and I share an irrational love of all things SPR.

If you have any other questions, feel free to reach me at [email protected].

V/R,
Alex

Carbine 2.0 focuses on 150y and in, specifically developing the gun skill required for CQC. Lots of focus on speed, target to target transitions, pri/sec transitions, shooting on the move, etc. Carbine 3.0 focuses on the midrange, 0-400 where we push shooters to apply the speed they've developed in 2.0 to targets at further distances. Our range setup is unique and allows us to transition targets from 0-400 without moving the shooters. Scoped Carbine is the Open Enrollment version of our DM mod1 Course we teach primarily to Mil/LE clients, it's awesome and one of our favorite to teach. It's no secret Rudy and I share an irrational love of all things SPR.

If you have any other questions, feel free to reach me at [email protected].

V/R,
Alex
At Porcfest, I was a panelist on "gun communities in the Free State". I was the only one from the North Country.

I pointed out that within 30 minutes of where we sat in Lancaster, it was possible to shoot 200 yards (Groveton Fish & Game), 1,000 yards (Alder Brook), and 2,000 yards (Dalton/Ridgeline).

The reponse went from "Oooh..." to "Ahhhh!" to "HOLY CRAP!"

Just bumping this to see if anyone's shot at Ridgeline yet and how amenable the facility is for people to walk in and ask questions. I'm interested in the Precision Rifle 1.5 class and I see on Ridgeline's website that the next class is in October.

What questions can we answer for you?

I'm mostly interested in figuring out which course is best for me based on my experience as a shooter. I haven't had formal training in long range shooting before but am familiar with the basics of marksmanship. Also equipment-related questions.

Back
Top Bottom