• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Never let a tragedy go to waste

Dear Senator,

As you are well aware thousands of law abiding, tax paying, citizens of Massachusetts are extremely upset at the Attorney Generals action and have been calling you and your colleagues. We are particularly concerned that the AG’s Enforcement Notice was issued unilaterally, laws are to be written by the Legislators. Massachusetts Assault Weapons ban was in place since 1994 and was reviewed and updated by the legislature in 2014.

You and your colleagues took an oath of office to “solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God” The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution reads: "A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

I ask that you take your oath of office seriously, and look at it as a civil rights issue. If the AG’s action is allowed to stand it establish a dangerous precedent. Imagine the future AG decides to change the definition of the unborn as "people" so that she can close the "abortion is not murder loophole", and redefined the term "Abortion" to include all forms of contraceptive medication and devices. Any doctor who has prescribed these contraceptive methods has performed an illegal act, and all pharmacists who have filled the prescriptions are likewise culpable. The AG will be monitoring all physicians and pharmacies closely from now on to ensure that these prescriptions are not written or filled, and that no OTC medications (Plan B) or devices (condoms) are sold. Make no mistake, any person who has taken or used any of these contraceptive medications or devices in the past 22 years has committed a felony, and from now on no abortions are to be performed in Massachusetts.

Think of it in terms of gay marriage. Imagine that you wake up tomorrow to see an op-ed in the paper by the attorney general that's backed by the full force of her office saying that her reinterpretation is to begin strictly enforcing the law that marriage is a law between a man and a woman. Anyone that has ever been married to a same sex spouse or performed a wedding for two people of the same sex has committing a felony, and affective today Marriage is strictly between a man and a woman.
The 2 Amendment was written December 15, 1791 and Maura Healy unilaterally re wrote the law.
“US Supreme Court - 2008: Some have made the argument, bordering on the frivolous, that only those arms in existence in the 18th century is protected by the Second Amendment. We do not interpret constitutional rights that way.”
If Maura Healy unilaterally rewrite of the law is allowed to stand what prevents the next AG from rewriting other laws. Please remember your Oath of Office and remember this time the AG law effect ME, next time it could affect thee.

Please stand with your fellow legislators and reverse the AG Rewrite of Mass Gun Laws legislators passed in 2014.

Sincerely,

P.S. We can see the damage that is done when an individual or group of individual abuses their power and acts unilaterally. This week we saw emails from the Democratic National Committee leaked, it showed that the DNC was not remaining a neutral party during the primary as required. Instead some in the DNC where putting their political objectives above their office. This unilateral abuse of power, puts in question all who are part of the DNC. This damage could have been prevented if others within the DNC put a stop to a few individuals putting their political agenda and or beliefs in place of the duties and responsibilities of the office they hold.
You and your fellow legislators have the same opportunity as members of the DNC. You have the opportunity to reverse a political motivated act before more damage is done.

Last edited:
Drunk at 3pm on a Monday? Hats off to you sir.

Last edited:
Some sincere and well meaning feedback:

The letter should have the action you desire specified in the first sentence or at least within the second sentence. Otherwise it's
just coming across as unfocused blather.

Back
Top Bottom