• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Never felt undergunned, until now........

WTF is right! There is no situation that I can think of where that technique would be preferable to any strong hand or weak hand manipulation of the charging handle. Instead it looks stupidly unsafe.
Sheesh. I'd rather rake the op-rod handle across my belt buckle to charge a round...

That vid had to be a spoof... Right?

Radtekk,

How do you like that Springfield?

I was looking at them or an FK to replace my Ruger at sometime soon.

Thanks in advance.

Stating people are carrying more ammo then they are ever likely to need has nothing to do with enacting mag restrictions. The butthurt for busting the Rambo daydream is hilarious.

Well actually it is the exact same mindset. I’m sorry you can’t see that but it doesn’t give me butt hurt in this, just a curiosity as to why people think that way, and the experience behind it to understand that it’s usually done by those with none.

I asked some basic return questions from the party in question and they were completely ignored. I don’t know who he is or what his experience level is, which is why I asked so I could understand better, not to shit on him.

I have no fantasies of gunfights and rambo-esque heroics. I’ll leave those for the uninitiated. I’ve been short on ammo and it’s a level of concern I don’t want to feel again. Everyone is free to do as they please and will base their needs accordingly on their own experience and thought processes.

We didn’t start the shaming or insults, we’ve only tried to explain our side of it and that’s not been acceptable to some of you for some reason.

Radtekk,

How do you like that Springfield?

I was looking at them or an FK to replace my Ruger at sometime soon.

Thanks in advance.
Like them a lot. Between Lady Radtekk and I we have 5, in 9 and 45. Easy breakdown, reliable, accurate. She has a glock 26 also, greatly prefers the Springfield.

If you were closer (we're in Tennessee) I'd invite you to come by and try them all. You're certainly welcome if you get down here:)

i did the mouse gun for comfort but always felt undergunned so i went to my standby g19 and g26 for everything. And with a galco fanny pack i can worry less about 4 o'clock printing

Sig P938 with 2 spare mags for short trips out around my small town. Glock 45 or 30S with a few mags for trips around the state or into the city.

Has OP considered this?
1442520696-burgess-draw.gif

Like them a lot. Between Lady Radtekk and I we have 5, in 9 and 45. Easy breakdown, reliable, accurate. She has a glock 26 also, greatly prefers the Springfield.

If you were closer (we're in Tennessee) I'd invite you to come by and try them all. You're certainly welcome if you get down here:)
Thank you very much for the reply and information.

Hell I would love to head down there and try them out but that is a long ass haul.

I've been carrying a spare mag for a while because I workday carry a P238 and weekend is usually a compact 4" 1911. I don't really put myself out there or work in a big city so I'm not worried about stumbling into a riot. If I'm traveling over an hour or seeing family in the city I do bring more in my car these days.

Last edited:
Usually a G43X plus a mag, thinking to switch to the G19. Also picked up some pepper spray for my bag, the car and the house.

Those are nice since you can change up the caliber to 9mm if you want and its still reliable, or just shoot .40.
I would be looking for a nine since I do not want a 40 (but depending on the cost of the barrel it would nice to know you could just make that swap and be moving). Between the 9 and my 10 I do not need anything in between, but who knows, could change my mind.

Just wondering if the Springfield and an FN would be vary similar. I will need to go back and compare them.

Hypothetically.....here's my take...and watch the videos of the 'mostly pieceful' fiery protests to see if you've seen something different.....

Unless you're against a committed opponent, 15 rounds of carefully but rapidly aimed center-mass 9MM in the direction of a mob is going to take the fight out of a lot of people.

It's human nature, your lizard brain will say a retreat is in order.

Most of the antifag soyboys, airsoft NFAC losers, etc. scatter like the cockroaches they are as soon as the shooting starts and a couple go down. They're not headed for cover or

Not much video of people running towards the sound of gunfire

Now, add a tactical reload and 15 more for any coming in your direction, and it's going to take a lot MORE fight out of them.

Have 60 seconds now elapsed since your first trigger break? Probably not.

We're now in the 95% likelihood that they're not going to keep coming.

Use 3rd mag, extend and escape. Keep 4th in reserve for if it really hits the fan...then take as many of them with you as you can.

Again, this is the only reply I'm ever given, "well there are events." Lets hear some. How would in an active shooter situation where you're trying to protect your life and retreat to safety would the extra 30 rounds help? How would a group of armed terrorists be neutralized by your extra 30 rounds? And what, youre the lone savior cowboy defending the helpless church from the shooters? How would a vehicle driving by you at 40 mph killing people be stopped by those extra 30 rounds? Would you have time before that car was even out of range to get off those extra shots? Why are you firing into a crowd of people if your aim is that bad that you need 30 extra rounds to hit him? None of these scenarios actually make sense when you critically think about them.

And more importantly, how likely are any of these handful of scenarios you can come up with?

Well, since you asked, I have often wondered what would have happened in Vegas if someone started returning fire when that ass hole started shooting up the concert goers. Or in Orlando for that matter, if someone had engaged that whackjob in the night club.
You are not a match for any serious rifle with your carry pistol, but any tactical withdrawal has a greater chance of success with covering fire.
You don't have to land rounds on target to get someone to keep their head down. Dumping a couple mags in the shooters direction might just buy your loved ones the couple of seconds they need to get out of the field of fire. You personally, are probably screwed, as if you have line of sight to engage the shooter, he has line of sight to return fire. And you are seriously outgunned by a magazine fed rifle.

That having been said, I carry a 365 in a Vedder Lite tuck w/ a spare mag in a horizontal mag carrier on the opposite side, most of the time. I have a 50 round box in the bug out bag in the truck. I like to carry big guns in the cooler weather and a shoulder rig makes it easy to carry a couple spare mags.
I agree the best defense is to try to stay away from bad situations, but if I knew with any certainty where that would be, I wouldn't feel the need to carry at all.
I really don't feel "undergunned" with 21 rounds of 9mm carry ammo, but I would be lying if I didn't admit that 37 rounds of .40 and my 229 in a shoulder rig, is reassuring.
I have not changed my daily routine at all, but also do not venture into densely populated areas often. But if I lived is Seattle or Atlanta or Baltimore etc. you can bet your Aunt Annies sweet ass that I would be upping my game. Overkill is underrated.

Well, since you asked, I have often wondered what would have happened in Vegas if someone started returning fire when that ass hole started shooting up the concert goers.
Return fire against the Vegas shooters walking through the crowd or the ones in the helicopters? How would you know if you are engaging a bad guy or another good guy shooting at the bad guy. Gay guys bringing guns to a nightclub, are you serious? I don't know what happened in Vegas none of us ever will, Pulse nightclub was a false flag. If you want to be super prepared instead of carrying 3-4 magazines bring a second gun. And a flashlight, and handcuffs, and flashbang grenades, and a radio for calling in an airstrike. Or just wear Batman's belt(and costume.)

Who said anything about shooting to stop a vehicle? Again you’re twisting it to fit you own narrative. We’ve seen many terror attacks already where the vehicle was used as a precursor to an attack, with the driver or others then either planning to or actually getting out of the vehicle to attack pedestrians with firearms or knives.

We’ve seen multiple attackers in hotels, malls, schools, on the streets, attacking the front steps of parliament trying to gain entry, on bridges, etc etc.

Places that afford cover for the attackers, you’re stuck on this loop of film in your head that shows one bad guy in the street with a gun and all of your shots inbound are perfect, ending the situation like the same cowboy you laugh at. That’s not realistic and it’s not even close to critical thinking.

First let me say sorry to butt in, but Camhabib’s argument is so stupid I’m not even sure it’s worth anyone’s time. If he’s so dead set that having extra of something is futile, then I vote we all go clean out his savings. When he says no, we’ll say “well how do you KNOW you need that money¯\_(ツ)_/¯” Whats he gunna do? Shoot us? Not with his 10 rounds he won’t I’ve got 33 in my edc[rofl]

Always carry at least an extra mag. Since most semi auto malfunctions are magazine related in some from. Odds are, in a high stress situation, you are not catching that mag. It makes sense to have at least one spare mag on your person.

Beyond that, carry what you shoot well.

I added my .40 Sub2k that shares mags with my G23 to my vehicle after George Floyd.

View attachment 384564View attachment 384565

If another black fella gets killed by POPO... I'll add an SKS with tech-sites...

*Not my photos...

I have that in my office as my get home gun and one in my bedroom (along w a G22) to get me downstairs to the safe w the AR. I have considered putting one If them in the car but w it being locked not sure what good that’ll do and I’m not gonna leave it in the car unlocked. Figure I can drive around/over what I need to plus keep a knife & pepper spray in the car side pocket and I’m always carrying in the car.

Back
Top Bottom