• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Nevada - Reciprocity update

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=5001
Nevada Will No Longer Recognize Utah and Florida Right-to-Carry Permits

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Effective, July 1, Nevada will no longer recognize Right-to-Carry permits from Utah or Florida. They have, however, added Ohio and West Virginia as recognized states.

Each May, the Nevada Department of Public Safety conducts an audit of states and their Right-to-Carry laws for the purpose of determining which states it will recognize.

The Nevada DPS dropped Utah because it does not have a live fire requirement, which is a part of Nevada's training requirements. When the Nevada DPS first began its state by state audit of Right-to-Carry laws in 2007, DPS admitted to NRA representatives that they overlooked the live fire training requirement. After further review, they determined that Utah wasn't similar enough to keep it on the list of recognized states.

Florida will no longer be recognized because its permits are now valid for seven years instead of five.

The Nevada DPS and the Nevada Sheriffs and Chiefs will be hosting their annual Right-to-Carry forum in Carson City in August with a teleconference feed to Las Vegas. We encourage all members to attend this informational meeting. Details will be forthcoming.

Please continue checking your email and www.NRAILA.org for updates

I got Nevada and Utah permits and still waiting for Florida.
It is nice to know that I can carry in Ohio and West Virginia now.

edhead..thanks for posting this. heading to LV for the 4th and was relying on my FL non-resident to give me permissions in NV. that would have sucked had i not caught this and something have had happened.

again, thanks!

I got Nevada and Utah permits and still waiting for Florida.
It is nice to know that I can carry in Ohio and West Virginia now.

Be careful there.

The article says that Nevada will recognize Ohio and West Virginia permits, it does not say that Ohio and West Virginia will recognize Nevada permits.

This may not be a reciprocal agreement, this may just be Nevada deciding to accept those states' permits. That's what it sounds like.

There are plenty of non-reciprocal situations out there. For example, Arizona accepts a permit from any state, but not every other state accepts a permit from Arizona.

Florida will no longer be recognized because its permits are now valid for seven years instead of five.

What a stupid thing, oh well!!

Ish.

Be careful there.

The article says that Nevada will recognize Ohio and West Virginia permits, it does not say that Ohio and West Virginia will recognize Nevada permits.

This may not be a reciprocal agreement, this may just be Nevada deciding to accept those states' permits. That's what it sounds like.

There are plenty of non-reciprocal situations out there. For example, Arizona accepts a permit from any state, but not every other state accepts a permit from Arizona.

Thank you pointing that out. I will double check that.

I already have health insurance. I hate the idea of the gubermint getting more involved.

Not for long...not when they tax your benefits and pass that to your employer. Unless you are in a union...because they want to EXEMPT your benefits.

Yea...once they jack up our energy rates to 3 to 5 times what we pay now, and then give us shit healthcare because companies will not fund private policies anymore, and then on top of that, people start loosing their jobs overseas when it becomes too cost prohibitive to employ in the US anymore...

Then maybe people will wake up and realize Lenin was voted into office.

At that point, it will be too late: At least people will be able to watch TAS news agency (ABC,NBC,CBS) and feel REALLY good about how we are creating Green Jobs and helping out everyone in this country.

The more I realize that they have systematically killed the American worker, the more I want to vomit.

Not for long...not when they tax your benefits and pass that to your employer. Unless you are in a union...because they want to EXEMPT your benefits.

Yea...once they jack up our energy rates to 3 to 5 times what we pay now, and then give us shit healthcare because companies will not fund private policies anymore, and then on top of that, people start loosing their jobs overseas when it becomes too cost prohibitive to employ in the US anymore...

Then maybe people will wake up and realize Lenin was voted into office.

At that point, it will be too late: At least people will be able to watch TAS news agency (ABC,NBC,CBS) and feel REALLY good about how we are creating Green Jobs and helping out everyone in this country.

The more I realize that they have systematically killed the American worker, the more I want to vomit.

You're preaching to the choir, my friend.

Sing to the masses instead, I know that I am.

Back
Top Bottom