• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Nevada permit

I am heading out there this summer for some fun in the sun and I see you need to take a class in the state before they will give you a permit, has anyone gone through the process and what was the outcome?

I can't help with non-resident CCW, but open carry is legal without a permit and you only have to register handguns in Clark County/Las Vegas proper. Check reciprocity if you have a NH or Utah permit.

ETA: hrm, no dice on reciprocity in these parts or Utah.

My experience, though it goes back a long time, is that you can do pretty much anything you want in NV but when you break the law they crush you. By this I mean that almost everything is legal, but the things that aren't legal are felonies.

Last edited:
I plan on flying out there in june and then doing some driving to see a few things. I just hate to be without my carry piece.
Would arriving at the airport be an issue with my handgun in the approved container locked up?

You have to apply in the same county as you take your ccw class in. You have to take the class in state. Washoe county is probably the most accommodating instructor wise. But he Sheriffs dept, takes a while to get your permit back. (same as Clark county) You can ake a ccw class at places like the gun store in Vegas.

The quickest Sheriff is Elko County, Had my permit in 18 days.

Back
Top Bottom