• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Nevada Bill Would Allow Criminals to Sue Victims Who Defend Themselves

mikeyp

NES Member
From the article http://gunsleague.com/nevada-bill-would-allow-criminals-to-sue-victims-who-defend-themselves/
The bill (Senate Bill 254), introduced by 10 Democrat senators, would remove that protection, effectively allowing criminals to sue their victims if the victim fights back and injures the attacker .
Under the proposed legislation, a rapist who breaks into a woman’s bedroom would be allowed to sue the woman if she fights back and injures the rapist . Similarly, a father who defends his family during a violent home invasion could be sued by the attackers .
The bill https://www.leg.state.nv.us/App/NELIS/REL/79th2017/Bill/5180/Overview

Neg rep for posting where Maura lurks!

Just kidding, but why on earth would anyone think that is a good idea is beyond me...

On the flip side it gives you carte blanche to attack the scum in your area and then sue the shit out of them if they defend themselves and harm you. Fair is fair.

Or you can just SSS. Your choice.

Last edited:
This really hits the top of the "out of your mind" stupid counter. How did we end up in a country that thinks scumbags are victims and law abiding citizens shouldn't be protected.

This really hits the top of the "out of your mind" stupid counter. How did we end up in a country that thinks scumbags are victims and law abiding citizens shouldn't be protected.

"We don't encourage self-help."

It's really killing two birds with one stone. Secure more votes from the criminal underclass, and scares law-abiding citizens into thinking twice about defending themselves. Just look at Mass; sure, you technically and legally can defend yourself, but if you do so, bye bye LTC, bye bye guns, get dragged through the mud by the government trying to throw any possible charge that can stick against you, and have the complicit liberal media smear your name and face all over the news while talking about "what a good boy" the guy "just turning his life around" was.

Last edited:
Great reason to practice and make sure none of these a-holes has the opportunity to whine about being "victimized" while on a crime spree. Two to the breather and one to the sneezer.

Stupid should be painful.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is the norm here in MA. I've been reading more about the law WRT self defense, and recently took the NRA Personal Protection in the Home class and I believe if you shoot someone in self defense, even if MA doesn't throw your butt in jail, you absolutely will be sued by the perp or his family.

On the flip side it gives you carte blanche to attack the scum in your area and then sue the shit out of them if they defend themselves and harm you. Fair is fair.

Or you can just SSS. Your choice.

Al Bundy when he punches the guy in court and hurts his hand?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is the norm here in MA. I've been reading more about the law WRT self defense, and recently took the NRA Personal Protection in the Home class and I believe if you shoot someone in self defense, even if MA doesn't throw your butt in jail, you absolutely will be sued by the perp or his family.

Yep. Hopefully LenS will clarify, but AFAIK, the legislature has consistently refused to pass a law to indemnify a crime victim who fights back and injures a criminal.

LOL, it's cute that everyone thinks this, but it's not reality. Now if you have a healthy amount of assets laying around, (eg, better than low 6 figures) that might up the moisture count on the ambulance chasers, then it potentially can become an issue. Even then, it takes a lot for that plane to
actually fly. Problem is of course just the act of getting sued causes economic losses even if they lose.

Regardless, we'd be much better off as a nation if it was illegal for someone to sue based off of something that results from the outcome of their criminal conduct.

-Mike

Last edited:
this type of legislation is the garbage that should immediately be brought to Sessions attention and pushed out to the media. These legislators should be shamed into backing off from this nonsense. I cannot believe the majority of people in this country believe this type of legislature should be passed. This completely removes the "responsibility and consequences of your actions' from the criminal
and basically shields them from who they are committing the crime against.
unbelievable.

This is not about values, but about the fact that the current NV law is an obstacle to generating and collecting legal fees.

Garnish their welfare check and their wheels and stereo and cell phone.
You will have to pay a large retainer to bring such an action, as the first step in a contingency suit is to see how deep the pockets are to determine if it is worth the investment in time by the law firm.

LOL, it's cute that everyone thinks this, but it's not reality. Now if you have a healthy amount of assets laying around, (eg, better than low 6 figures) that might up the moisture count on the ambulance chasers, then it potentially can become an issue. Even then, it takes a lot for that plane to
actually fly. Problem is of course just the act of getting sued causes economic losses even if they lose.

Regardless, we'd be much better off as a nation if it was illegal for someone to sue based off of something that results from the outcome of their criminal conduct.

-Mike

God...er I mean Mike, I love your choice of words sometimes [rofl]

If any such law is passed, the first thing to do is publish the names and addresses of all the legislators who voted for it , in addition to every well healed liberal who spoke out in favor...[angry2]

They want to make it more like Massachusetts.

- - - Updated - - -

If any such law is passed, the first thing to do is publish the names and addresses of all the legislators who voted for it , in addition to every well healed liberal who spoke out in favor...[angry2]

Break into their homes. If they touch you, go after them.

Las Vegas is one of the most violent cities in the nation as well, let's give all the thugs the right to sue those they assault.

Back
Top Bottom