• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Netflix Hasan Minhaj Patriot Act - NRA

You demonize what you fail to understand. I will, as I often do, point to conservatives and gay marriage a decade ago versus today.

Netflix ALWAYS has a liberal slant. It's Hollywood. What did we expect??? Content from James Woods? This is HOW they can get a voice because 99.999% of Americans want them to STFU. Even those that agree with them want them to STFU.

There is so much content on Netflix that this got nary a blip on radar. It probably drew less than Joe Koy's latest stand-up debacle.

You demonize what you fail to understand. I will, as I often do, point to conservatives and gay marriage a decade ago versus today.

Netflix ALWAYS has a liberal slant. It's Hollywood. What did we expect??? Content from James Woods? This is HOW they can get a voice because 99.999% of Americans want them to STFU. Even those that agree with them want them to STFU.

There is so much content on Netflix that this got nary a blip on radar. It probably drew less than Joe Koy's latest stand-up debacle.

Yeah you're right, this episode hasn't gotten much attention. I do like the show for some educational value, like learning about some other things i'm not aware of, like the Supreme sneaker craze ...

Hard to believe this guy is a professional comedian. His style of comedy involves no creativity at all. Just repeating lefty buzzwords. No humor.

Amy Schumer does the same thing with a smattering of jokes about her vajingjong. Maybe this guy could talk about his vajingjong.

I canceled Netflix as soon as they announced "Dear White People"

I run my own streaming server for myself and close friends. Really not that hard to set up.

Netflix, Hulu, and the whole lot of them can go to hell. This is part of a larger pattern in this economy of "digital renting" where people are losing ownership of their media. We've already seen examples of how the people in control of those services can remove content they deem politically incorrect or unacceptable. How long is that acceptable to you? Vote with your wallet and tell these services to go piss up a stump.

I run my own streaming server for myself and close friends. Really not that hard to set up.

Netflix, Hulu, and the whole lot of them can go to hell. This is part of a larger pattern in this economy of "digital renting" where people are losing ownership of their media. We've already seen examples of how the people in control of those services can remove content they deem politically incorrect or unacceptable. How long is that acceptable to you? Vote with your wallet and tell these services to go piss up a stump.

Can they come after you for sharing content?

What happened with Jo Koy? I don't remember something I would refer to as a debacle. (I am married to a Filipina so I appreciate his frequent mentioning of Filipinos and his mother.)

No, because I own the media (Blurays, DVDs, etc...) and it's my household. It would be a different matter, for example, if I were to share it with internet strangers. Where they would really want to come after me is if I charged for such a service. But I have no interest in becoming a Pirate Bay. Just to stick it to these culturally subversive leftists by waning the influence their media companies wield over us.

If you have a collection of media (movies, TV, etc...) in either physical or digital (video files) format, the software is called Plex: Media Server | Plex allows you to stream video smarter.

They have apps for all the same platforms as Netflix (computer, Apple TV, Roku, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire, Android phones, iPhones, you name it) and you can stream it anywhere you have internet, as long as your home internet is running.

I have a lifetime PlexPass, so this is coming from a place of long experience: Plex sucks.

Please consider Emby - just as many clients and features. Might be even easier to set up.

R

I tried Emby and for awhile I had both running. Plex has a fair share of issues but in the end I found it to be more reliable, though I do miss how much customization Emby has.

What problems do/did you experience with Plex?

Not if it's private. May or may not be illegal depending on circumstances, but if the homosexual copyright robots at macrovision can't find it on the internet coming from you, you're pretty much
safe.

-Mike

I agree with the political/censorship stuff being a problem, but I don't 100% hate these companies because they're punching the cable-rape providers in the
rectum. Cable needs to go ala-carte yesterday.

-Mike

What happened with Jo Koy? I don't remember something I would refer to as a debacle. (I am married to a Filipina so I appreciate his frequent mentioning of Filipinos and his mother.)

Besides you and Adam Carolla, I've never heard of anyone who thinks he is funny. I TRIED to like his Netflix show b/c of AC. Couldn't. So I figured the viewership was pretty low on that one. It was the most obscure non-libtard-trump-complaining comic special I could come up with in 15 seconds or less. ;). I'd have said Gaffigan, but he's funny and lots of people watch his stuff.

I tried Emby and for awhile I had both running. Plex has a fair share of issues but in the end I found it to be more reliable, though I do miss how much customization Emby has.

What problems do/did you experience with Plex?

PM Sent.

Back
Top Bottom