• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Neshooters - 2007 trainers are finalized

JimConway

Instructor
For those of you that are interested, we have finalized out trainers for 2007. We are very pleased to announce the we will be hosting Randy Cain, Gunsite, Craig Douglas (SouthNarc) and Lt, Dave Spaulding. The details in terms of dates and locations are not set at this time. I am sure that you are all aware of Randy cain and Gunsite so I will not go into any detail. For those of you the do not know Craig Douglas and Dave Spaulding, wil will provide some detail.

Craig Douglas (AKA South Narc on the advanced forums) is an active narcotics officer in one of the Southern stateswho describes his course as follows:
"Basically what I've been teaching is a twenty hour course called Extreme Close Quarter Concepts that is an overview of functional handgun skills at 0-5'. We focus heavily on the context of criminal assault and lean towards a multi-disciplinary approach to problem solving. On Friday night I usually teach from 6-10 and focus on the criminal assault paradigm and managing unknown contacts. We move from there into some practical unarmed combat or knife work. Saturday and Sunday are full days with the morning spent on the live fire range and the afternoon working with FIST helmets and Simunitions. "

Dave Spaulding is a retired Lieutenant and 28-year law enforcement veteran who has worked in all facets of law enforcement. While employed by an urban/suburban Sheriff’s Office in the mid-west he worked in communications, jail operations, court security, patrol, evidence collection, investigations and undercover operations.
Dave was a founding member of his Agency’s SWAT Team and spent 12 years as its training officer. He spent five years as a full time use of force instructor and five years as the commander of a multi-jurisdictional drug task force.
Dave is a graduate of most of the major shooting schools including Thunder Ranch, Gunsite, Mid-South Institute of Self-Defense Shooting, Smith & Wesson Academy, SIG-Arms Academy, Tactical Defense Institute, Heckler & Koch International Training Division, Lethal Force Institute, Beretta Training Division, CQB Services, Ltd., Blackwater and Defense Training International.
Dave has instructed nationwide as well as being a presenter at the International Training Conferences of ASLET and IALEFI. He is the Author of over 700 articles for Combat Handguns, Guns and Weapons For Law Enforcement, Petersen’s Handguns, SWAT, Police, Law & Order, Tactical Response, American Handgunner, American Cop and Law Officer. He is the author of two books: Defensive Living and Handgun Combatives.
Dave is a member of the American Society of Law Enforcement Trainers (ASLET), The International Association of Law Enforcement Trainers (IALEFI) and is a past president of the Ohio Tactical Officer’s Association. He is an adjunct instructor for the Tactical Defense Institute, the Heckler & Koch International Training Division and the Team One Network Training Group.

COURSE CONTENT
Developing the “Combative Mind”
The use of NLP to develop skill
“Shooting by Feel”
Enhancing the fundamentals of stance, grip, and trigger control.
Bridging the gap between sighted fire and point shooting.
Developing consistent holster skills from open carry and concealment.
Fast and accurate shots to the target as well as multiple targets.
Shooting while moving.
Shooting while seated.
Extreme close quarter shooting. (ECQS)
Proper pistol selection.
Handgun ammo effectiveness.
Keeping the gun “running”.
Reduced light techniques.

Requirements for Attendance:
(Any of the following will suffice)
Valid Police Identification
Valid Military Identification
Current CCW Permit
Copy of a background check showing no criminal record.
A letter from law enforcement, public official or an attorney stating a clean record.

Jim,

That looks like a great group of instructors and an excellent curriculum. I'm looking forward to seeing what the dates & locations are.

CD

dates

The only thing that I am sure of for 2007 is the Gunsite class will be in July, starting either 7-13 -07 or 7-20-07. The Gunsite cost should be about $560,00 - including range fees

Last edited:
Jim,

I sent you an email last week about signing up for some classes.

Just resent it. Did you get it?

David

Gunsite course at SIGArms

We are both hosting the same course. There are two differences between the courses.
Their course is shot indoors and ours will be shot outdoors.
Our course will only cost about $560 including the range fee. The Sigarms course is, I believe, over $700.00

Back
Top Bottom