***NES Server migration***

JUST ONCE?

HAHAHAHAHA. ;)
No other like that one. We had only a few weeks' notice the provider was going tits skyward, and previously and subsequently physical moves became an opportunity to migrate onto new gear. This was an Oh Shit. And there was a bunch of weird crap that kept coming up, including a problem with my insurance certificate, all of which had to be resolved before that Monday morning. And we stepped off the SDSL circuit just in time - it went dark as I was driving to Hartford.

Drove a low bed and hauled trash trailers. Rarely backed up when it was daylight. Only time I ever parallel parked any rig was when I took my license test.
Pretty hard to look out the back window with a dump body attached to the frame or in a fire truck with a whole shitload of water behind you. 😂
You’re right for the most part. Parallel parking the tag a long trailer only happened once and that was only because the site was small and a snow storm was coming.

is this gonna be like the test pattern they had when tv went off after the 11 pm news? do we sign off or just stare at it until the changeover is complete? this is exciting, bringing back old times.

No other like that one. We had only a few weeks' notice the provider was going tits skyward, and previously and subsequently physical moves became an opportunity to migrate onto new gear. This was an Oh Shit. And there was a bunch of weird crap that kept coming up, including a problem with my insurance certificate, all of which had to be resolved before that Monday morning. And we stepped off the SDSL circuit just in time - it went dark as I was driving to Hartford.
Colos and the like can be real ****ers. We were once given 4 weeks to move 2 racks of gear and swing an ATM circuit. Bwa ha ha. Almost took them to court before we got a long enough gap to migrate. Instead of going (as they expected) to the datacenter 30 miles away to which they ordered us, we changed providers.

I'm hopeful the NES migration is easier, given it's essentially virtual.

So I’m at the voodoo alter sacrificing my neighbors pet ferret
Hoping the gods will help with the transition

But mostly that we don’t lose any worldly comments on any of Reptile’s threads

I will post updates here if the server is offline. https://twitter.com/NEastShooters

Why doesn't NES have a blue checkmark Headscratch.gif
is this gonna be like the test pattern they had when tv went off after the 11 pm news? do we sign off or just stare at it until the changeover is complete? this is exciting, bringing back old times.

indiantestpattern.jpg

Unfortunately, its been banned because some Karens thought it was derogatory to Native Americans.

It's time to move the db and forum to another server with my host. They won't commit to a time so it will be at some point in the next 48 hours, hopefully. Expected down time will be about an hour and then there will be some time to make sure everything is working properly and for the DNS changes to propagate.

I will post updates here if the server is offline. https://twitter.com/NEastShooters
Thanks for the heads up ( I guess).
As someone that still uses pencils with erasers and thinks a server is the person that brings my food I doubt this will cause me much grief.

Thanks for the heads up ( I guess).
As someone that still uses pencils with erasers and thinks a server is the person that brings my food I doubt this will cause me much grief.

For the past couple years I've had problems with the pages not loading and getting the reload button on the screen.

Works great now!!!

Back
Top Bottom