***NES Server migration***

Please let it be from 9 to 11 tomorrow when I am in one of my interminable monthly staff meetings.

No shitposting for an hour? Noooooooooooo........

Good Luck with the conversion and migration!

Dude, f*ck that. I have back to back meetings all morning tomorrow. I will need NES to stay sane.

Staff meetings are the best time to join - besides there is a positive - if you join NES chances are you won't say anything stupid during the call, meaning NES can literally help you get a promotion.
Do what I do in these situations...

Write down your thoughts on rolling papers and light them on fire outside to be carried off by the winds...

lantern-floating.gif

Good luck, and thank you for all you guys do.I will be waiting in my safe place until your buck up and running.

It's time to move the db and forum to another server with my host. They won't commit to a time so it will be at some point in the next 48 hours, hopefully. Expected down time will be about an hour and then there will be some time to make sure everything is working properly and for the DNS changes to propagate.
I will post updates here if the server is offline. https://twitter.com/NEastShooters

Do you need help moving the servers? I have a pickup truck... [smile]
I actually had to do that once: September 10, 2001 (pretty obvious why I remember the date). Our SDSL provider had gone bankrupt, and we were colo'd in the offices of an answering service that was directly across the street (and a short direct wire run) from the telco CO. I had to put the gear in my van and drive it that morning up to our new colo in Hartford.

Guys, it's a migration. They have to move themselves, with a voiceover by David Attenborough.
“Here we see the the Northeastern Pewpewer struggle to move a large set of data from one server to a new one, in hopes of better attracting a mate”
*screen cuts from @Admin and @sHORTY hunched over a monitor to @Reptile doing ruckus donuts*
“As the pack elders quickly try to restore order, others find ways to remain calm”
*camera pans over to the tactical gear thread showing the guys throwing shit everywhere and no-homoing each other in deep bromance. Then fades out and back in to the coo vid thread where everyone’s chewing on tinfoil and bragging about being a pure blood as they panic about not being able to post about the latest layer of the WEF destruction of the economy and nuclear families*

I actually had to do that once: September 10, 2001 (pretty obvious why I remember the date). Our SDSL provider had gone bankrupt, and we were colo'd in the offices of an answering service that was directly across the street (and a short direct wire run) from the telco CO. I had to put the gear in my van and drive it that morning up to our new colo in Hartford.
JUST ONCE?

HAHAHAHAHA. ;)

Ahem.

Then again it was never just me, it was a group of us, starting with two full racks. 4 physical moves from large commerical colo to colo within a mile or so radius over the course of 16 years, two of which included telecom line swings (3 acquisitions of the original provider and subsequent reorgs, and a move to a completely separate provider), then a virtual migration to a wholly separate provider TF out of that area entirely. F- that place.

Still have the stack of badges and photos of the older gear in a dumpster.

Back
Top Bottom