• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NES Private Fishing Charter (6 people) #2 - 28 June 2009

After the first trip being a huge success and a great day out on the ocean, I've decided to run a second private charter. The date is 28 June 2009, a Saturday. Pending weather, there is the potential it could be moved to Sunday, as we did the previous trip.

A past co-worker of mine owns his own fishing charter boat. The boat leaves out of Marshfield and accommodates 6 people. The price per person is $180, this INCLUDES tip, bait, rod rental, everything except for food and drink(bring your own). The fish will be filleted as requested by the mate on board(whole, skin on fillets, skinned fillets). Feel free to bring your own fishing gear as well. 3 slots will be taken by me, so that leaves 3 openings.

Keep in mind, while the price may be steep, this is a FULL day, on a PRIVATE boat(i.e. less tangles, more fishing).

If you need more information, please PM me, if you are "in" post it here. There will be a deposit required that will be put towards the overall cost.

calvin-34-2.gif

34 foot Down East style sport fishing boat, custom built by Roger Carroll Boat Works of Chatham, Ma. Powered by a 490 hp. turbo diesel.

THE LIST

1. Squished
2. Squished
3. Squished

Last edited:
I should have mentioned, last time we went out, all parties, including the mate and the captain were able to take home fish. The 6 paying members took home 2 full ziploc bags of fresh cut Haddock, the mate took home 1 and the captain took home 1. Each bag was probably a good 8-10 pounds or more of filet. There is nothing that compares to fresh fish in the oven or on the grill.

Also, rumor has it the football tuna's are already making a run for it in the area, I'm going to see if we can side track for a bit and maybe pull a small tuna into the boat. By small, I mean 80-100ish pounds.

His boat looks like the old Sea Witch out of Barmstable Harbor. Spitting image of her. I chartered that boat for many a years. I would love to go, but have to check schedule as that may be my first day back. Let yah know.

Guys, 27th or 28th, first person can name their date. Either works for my people. Let's make this happen and have a great day out on the ocean.

One thing i forgot to mention, no need to be an experienced fisherman. Whether you catch 0 fish or 50 fish, at the end of the day all the catch is evenly split.

Due to extremely poor planning on behalf of another family member, this trip is now scheduled for the 28th. I hope this allows some who previously could not go, to now be able to go. Come on guys, I need 3 more people to make this happens. I can fill 3 slots easy.

Wow, what a shame, all these outdoorsman and zero interest in this trip. The fishing reports have been excellent lately, with schools of small tuna running as well. I'll leave this open till Tuesday then I just cancel it.

Trip has been canceled due to lack of interest. If someone has 2-3 people that want to go on a specific day in July, let me know. I can make it happen. I can usually get 2-3 myself, but never 6.

TIP!!!! For what? I bait and clean my own fish. I would already be paying $180. Too rich for my blood.

Thanks for sharing. You've obviously never done a private charter like this before then.

I have done them many times. I refuse to give people more money after they charge me upfront. Obviously you are a rich person and can piss away money!

Back
Top Bottom