• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NES Net

I just got a new (to me) HF mulitband antenna, I was given it and now I need to run the wires. I need to get this and my dipole up as my end fed SUCKS and doesn't work well.

I need help. Who wants to come to North and help me put up two antennas?

Does it require me to climb anything?

If it's a dipole throw a line in the tree and pull her on up. What END FED Dipole did you have? I want to make sure not to buy it.

That I understand...but I just don't know what's the best way to hang it in my yard...and I would be a little happier with a little guidance from someone that's done it once or 100 times....LOL

That I understand...but I just don't know what's the best way to hang it in my yard...and I would be a little happier with a little guidance from someone that's done it once or 100 times....LOL[/QUOTE

I hear you!

I've built one and hung a few rods on my house with no issues, but I have two I want to put up...one North/South and one East/West. I've tried a few on my own and they just don't work...so I want to know what I'm doing wrong.

I could also use the help running the wires and coax into my house...it's easier to do it with one inside and one out.

This and I'm a'scared to do it alone because I'm codependent. [wink]

I've built one and hung a few rods on my house with no issues, but I have two I want to put up...one North/South and one East/West. I've tried a few on my own and they just don't work...so I want to know what I'm doing wrong.

I could also use the help running the wires and coax into my house...it's easier to do it with one inside and one out.

This and I'm a'scared to do it alone because I'm codependent. [wink]

I can come down some Sunday and give you a hand as long as i don't have to climb anything. I have a secret vagina that gets all in an uproar around heights.

I have an antenna analyzer so we can check yo shit out.

How tall of a ladder? Also, I put my stuff up in trees using string or fishing line with a rock tied to it. It does involve several beers and multiple cussing episodes but it works. I've put up dipoles many times with usually favorable results :) Do you have some idea of where you want to put stuff, how the coax is getting back into the house, how many antennas, etc? I have a pole i put up with some VHF antennas, and the center (balun/feedpoint) of my HF antenna is affixed to it. You might want to attach your center/feedpoint to the house or chimney.
My inlaws live in 'North and I'm about 40min or so from there so we could probably work something out. I also have some antenna analyzers/SWR meters. Otherwise I'm happy to provide any help I can via the interwebz.

Thanks guys...I already have some wire going into the house. So I figured I would bring in at the same place...But I have a home brewed dipole and a commercial one, so that's why I want to do one east/west and one north/south. I have a antenna switch so depending on where I'm wanting to talk, I can switch either way. I also have a 3 band pole, so I need to get that up on a pole off the fence and get the box that tunes the antenna to the correct trap into the house at the same time. I figure that for one fo the dipoles, I can just use the coax that's already on the side of the house for the end fed.

I'm traveling for the next few weeks, but lets plan a Sunday to do this if you guys really don't mind.

Thanks guys...I already have some wire going into the house. So I figured I would bring in at the same place...But I have a home brewed dipole and a commercial one, so that's why I want to do one east/west and one north/south. I have a antenna switch so depending on where I'm wanting to talk, I can switch either way. I also have a 3 band pole, so I need to get that up on a pole off the fence and get the box that tunes the antenna to the correct trap into the house at the same time. I figure that for one fo the dipoles, I can just use the coax that's already on the side of the house for the end fed.

I'm traveling for the next few weeks, but lets plan a Sunday to do this if you guys really don't mind.

Let me know which Sunday, I would love to help if I can.

Back
Top Bottom