• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NES Members Running for G.O.A.L. Board of Directors

EddieCoyle

Consigliere
NES Member
The new year is upon us and it's time once again to vote for the G.O.A.L. Board of Directors.

This year, there are 7 spots up for grabs. Ballots will be going out soon, and are due back by the middle of February. Anyone that has been a member in good standing of G.O.A.L. for at least 3 years is eligible to vote.

Six NES members are running for election (or in one case re-election):

Chris Siano (Screen name - Chris)
Joseph Currie (Screen name - Palladin)
Chris Mantia (Screen name - C-Pher)
Nicole Mammarella (Screen name - Nicole)
Ross Schacher (Screen name - Dwarven1)
Adam Kling (Screen name - Acme.Armament)

I know each of these people personally, and I believe that all would make excellent directors.

I intend to vote for each and every one of them, and I encourage those of you that can to do the same.

BTW folks, for that 7th vote, you can't go wrong casting it for Nancy Snow. But that's just my personal opinion.

Good luck to all.

Thanks for the kind words, Jim.

It was kind of startling to realize how many of the candidates I've met through NES - I truly believe that the NES makes a stronger gun community here in New England, especially in MA, and that, in turn, strengthens GOAL - which can only be a good thing. Look how frustrated Gov. Patrick got with us last summer when he couldn't get his gun bill passed and blamed it on "the gun lobby". Jim Wallace doesn't do it alone, folks - I think that NES had a huge effect getting the word out and putting pressure on the legislators.

BTW folks, for that 7th vote, you can't go wrong casting it for Nancy Snow. But that's just my personal opinion.

Good luck to all.

Agreed.

Thanks for the kind words, Jim.

It was kind of startling to realize how many of the candidates I've met through NES - I truly believe that the NES makes a stronger gun community here in New England, especially in MA, and that, in turn, strengthens GOAL - which can only be a good thing. Look how frustrated Gov. Patrick got with us last summer when he couldn't get his gun bill passed and blamed it on "the gun lobby". Jim Wallace doesn't do it alone, folks - I think that NES had a huge effect getting the word out and putting pressure on the legislators.

Agreed. I haven't really thought about this...but when I was approched about being on the BOD for GOAL, it made me realize that it would be a good way for me to help make a difference as well. Like Jim, I know each one of these folks...and I also plan to put my vote down for each one of them.

Thank you Jim for your kind words.

Unfortunately I'm only in year 2 myself so I can't vote for you guys yet but I would. Chris was one of my firearms safety instructors and a very good guy and an excellent instructor. I met Ross at the first TVI shoot. And then I met Adam, C-Pher and Ross again at the Scott Brown rally at Goal. Every single one of them were and are outstanding people and from what I've read of Paladin's and Nichole's posts I personally can safely assume that they are just as outstanding as well. Goal has done some great work over the years and I think theses fine people will further that work with their dedication to this board and all of us here and bring that into GOAL.

What is the position of each of these members on the proposed legislation taking $1 from the licensing fees and giving it to GOAL?

What is the position of each of these members on the proposed legislation taking $1 from the licensing fees and giving it to GOAL?

I wanted to wait for GOAL's reply, hoping that perhaps there was a reason or strategic value to drafting the bill this way that I wasn't seeing. Unfortunately, I'm even more upset now that we've seen the reply.

I understand what GOAL is trying to accomplish with this proposal, but that doesn't change the fact that the means being used are WRONG. You admit that the government is acting unconstitutionally and confiscating my hard-earned money in exchange for being less harassed while exercising my rights and your response is to dogpile onto the list of people who are extorting me!? No. I don't care who is taking my money and what merry games they might be playing with it - my money is being taken!! If you think it is my money, then focus on helping me keep it, not on getting a slice of the pie for yourself.

And furthermore, I do not appreciate the implication that GOAL should enjoy a privileged status of "official state firearms training center." GOAL has FANTASTIC instructors and courses, but there are any number of groups, businesses, and individuals out there working to change opinions on the 2A in a myriad of ways. I do not like the fact that GOAL apparently thinks it is the one entity that deserves a special, legally-mandated funding source.

I don't care what fantabulous things you want to do with the money - don't you dare take it from me by force. You are jumping in bed with the villains on Beacon Hill. Sadly, I am certain that you will get up with fleas and find that you have sullied your image and shattered your grassroots base of support. Personally, I believe GOAL and its mission is far too valuable to risk damaging it this way.

Finally, I get the distinct impression that it is believed that $1 is a small, paltry sum that will not influence GOAL's priorities in years to come, so let me attempt to forestall that argument with a story: A man walks up to a beautiful woman and says "Would you sleep with me for a million dollars?" She hesitates but then answers "Sure, that's a lot of money and I could be set for life." He then says "Would you sleep with me for $1?" She gasps and exclaims "Of course not! What do you think I am, a whore?" The man replies "Miss, we've already established that. Now we're just bargaining on the price."

Do not sell out GOAL's principles, support, and moral high ground. Not for $1, not for any price. You have an invaluable legacy to protect. Please listen to your fellow citizens who are vested in that same legacy - how often does a GOAL proposal encounter widespread dismay and outrage? We argue over the details, but it's usually mere tactics. If GOAL and the common gunowner of NES part ways on strategy it does not bode well for anyone's future.

I like Nicole's view

The fact that this encouragement of government sucking money from the lawful firearm owners was allowed to be included in a "draft" or "proposal" is reprehensible. The person who conceived this should rethink their employment with GOAL. Instead of taking money from it's fellow gun owners via the gov't. licensing fee system, it should be working harder to eliminate the licensing requirements. I know that GOAL has done harm to itself by even "proposing" this.

I think GOAL should be concentrating on removing the licensing requirement entirely or at least revised to a shall issue state, removal of the bonded warehouse abuse, and elimination of the EOPS lists (all three of them) and the AG regulations.

These three chimed in the other thread.

Just a heads up for those who get the GOAL emails every week. If GOAL had your email, they sent you an email ballot and NOT a paper ballot. If you have been a GOAL member for more than three years, you should have gotten this email.

Just a heads up for those who get the GOAL emails every week. If GOAL had your email, they sent you an email ballot and NOT a paper ballot. If you have been a GOAL member for more than three years, you should have gotten this email.

Hmm, I got a list of candidates and their biographies on 1/6, but no ballot that I'm aware of. They certainly have my Email address.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to make an inquiry this week.

Hmm, I got a list of candidates and their biographies on 1/6, but no ballot that I'm aware of. They certainly have my Email address.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to make an inquiry this week.

Ah, ha... now we know who hasn't been reading their GOAL emails to the end. [wink] On 1/6, GOAL sent out an email titled "Gun Owners' Action League 2010 Annual Report". Scroll almost all the way to the end and look for the link that says "click here to download a printable ballot form".

Ross, no link in that message. I just re-read it. Ah hah . . . it was a different message, not the one with the bios.

Found it. Thx for making me go back and look again.

A closer examination of the GOAL Bylaws made it clear that the e-mail ballot was not technically allowed. As a result, all those who got an e-mail ballot will be seeing one in the regular mail. Also, to comply with the rules regarding ballot timing, you will have until March 10 to return ballots. The board has decided not to alter the Bylaws at this time and will mail all ballots in the future.

I want to offer the board's apology in this matter for any confusion this might have caused. We continue to try to find ways to reduce overhead, and sometimes it does not work out as intended. We are all charged to make every member's dollar go as far as possible. Not only have we kept our budget in the black during this economic downturn, but I feel we've improved GOAL's programs, communication, staff, and reputation in ways that benefit not only the members, but the public in general. Jim is well respected on Beacon Hill, and even in national circles for simply explaining the facts.

As for the $1 bill, it has not been submitted due to the overwhelming opposition. The intent was to send the fee to the GOAL Foundation strictly for educational programs. However, linking any part of GOAL to the state fees is a non-starter for me. My feeling is that GOAL is strong by its members and must remain focused on you. We'll leave living off Government coffers to slimy organizations like ACORN.

Believe me, it is very difficult to keep the moral high road. Our adversaries lie, cheat, and steal to obtain their goals. Regardless of how low they go, I know that none of the people on the list above would stoop to those levels.

How petty are those we fight? A Reverend who is well known in Boston for assisting victims of violence and being a role model for at risk youths had all his funding cut off recently. Why? Because he was seen in the company of a GOAL member.

A serious conflict exists in hunting seasons this year. The last two days of Deer Shotgun season overlap the opening of duck season by a few days. Yet, the ways the laws are written, duck hunters would be forbidden to have their dogs for those days. Yep, GOAL is going to have to battle with lawmakers to 'fix' this situation.

We continue to educate lawmakers. Kate Hogan and Jen Flanagan, my Senator and Rep, are actually filing several of the GOAL bills this year as they realize how idiotic things are. Oh yea, did I mention they are both Democrats? We have a lot of friends on Beacon Hill with a 'D' next to their name. You see, regardless of political party, when faced with facts, good people make good choices.

If you are a GOAL member and have been so long enough to vote, please be sure to get your ballot in. Every person on it has a history of making that extra effort. I'm only sorry that we can't have them all. If you are not a member, please join. It is by numbers only that our voice carries weight.

Thanks for the update Chris. Don't give up on electronic balloting altogether, it's a great idea and I know with some more time to implement it, GOAL can get it right.

All, I want to just quote EC's post one more time. You will see Chris is listed here.

Six NES members are running for election (or in one case re-election):

Chris Siano (Screen name - Chris)
Joseph Currie (Screen name - Palladin)
Chris Mantia (Screen name - C-Pher)
Nicole Mammarella (Screen name - Nicole)
Ross Schacher (Screen name - Dwarven1)
Adam Kling (Screen name - Acme.Armament)

I know each of these people personally, and I believe that all would make excellent directors.

I intend to vote for each and every one of them, and I encourage those of you that can to do the same.

Back
Top Bottom