• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NES members. Any diversity here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's my bias, but it seems that most people here are white, guys, leaning toward the blue collar spectrum, and really hetero. Was just wondering if that was reality, or there were other folks here. And wondering quite frankly if I'm the only LGBT person here.

Unironically shut up dude. You're not even a funny troll just cringe

What about your own "diversity" I'm curious to hear the story of someone who claims to be transgender, Armenian and named Roger Smith the third who's grandparents were in the Armenian genocide.

Racial profiling. We don’t play that game here. You’re either a decent person or you’re an a**h***. Which begs the question, what kind of decent person would ask such a question.
I like the fact that there is an Italian men's club in Natick that has a bocce league, and serves pizza on the weekends made by the local club guys. I like the fact that there's an Iraqi family in Clinton that has an amazing restaurant on the main drag there. I like the fact that a lady shows up shooting an AR at the range. I like the fact that Harvard supports a Pink Pistols group, and there are 12 year old girls shooting trap at Tewkesbury.

It's a nice change of pace from the usual crew that seems to hang out in the gun world. - deer hunting white guys. Nothing wrong with white guys, but it does get kind of dull.
It's like when you go to the range. If everyone there is shooting Glock, it's not very exciting. It's when someone has a Makarov, or a trap door Springfield, that you get to see something different.
Further, as there are knuckledraggers in the gun world, it's nice to make atypical people feel welcome, respected, and part of the family.

Maybe it's my bias, but it seems that most people here are white, guys, leaning toward the blue collar spectrum, and really hetero. Was just wondering if that was reality, or there were other folks here. And wondering quite frankly if I'm the only LGBT person here.
Nope. You’ll always have Marsha to lean on if someone upsets you.

AC6E9AFB-5125-426A-BCD9-B336CFAE1508.gif

I like the fact that there is an Italian men's club in Natick that has a bocce league, and serves pizza on the weekends made by the local club guys. I like the fact that there's an Iraqi family in Clinton that has an amazing restaurant on the main drag there. I like the fact that a lady shows up shooting an AR at the range. I like the fact that Harvard supports a Pink Pistols group, and there are 12 year old girls shooting trap at Tewkesbury.

It's a nice change of pace from the usual crew that seems to hang out in the gun world. - deer hunting white guys. Nothing wrong with white guys, but it does get kind of dull.
No ones forcing you to hang out with white guys?

SmartSelect_20230128_200633_Samsung Internet.jpg

You don’t hang out with the same type of guys that i do. Here’s a pic from a recent match at my club. CA570874-ACF5-43B7-A288-9C0FFB02D623.jpeg

Now, tell me why, on a (mostly) gun forum, why I would give a sh*t that you're LGBT ? If that's what you want to talk about aren't there other forums out there better suited ?

Now, tell me why, on a (mostly) gun forum, why I would give a sh*t that you're LGBT ? If that's what you want to talk about aren't there other forums out there better suited ?
Because everyone wants to feel like they belong. Finding people who are like you helps in that regard. It makes you feel less like an outsider.

There are no "African Americans". If you were born in this country you are an "American". Jack.
If my parents had been kidnapped then sold off to someone in China where I was eventually born....I'd have a hard time identifying as "Chinese".

Don’t even want to know because my imagination is better. Until proven otherwise, you’re all whatever I want you to be.

OK, I have a question for you why is it that you have to label everyone,like Black, white,green ? Why do you have to tell people that your LGBT is there something special that I need to know about your sexual preference? Do I have to treat you different,is there a special gun that only LGBT shoot?

That would inform on one's choice to own a .40 (or 6.5 creedmore).

All joking aside: yeah this is a gun forum, but we do talk about many other things besides guns. In order to avoid this place becoming an echo chamber which amplifies certain perspectives (not all of which are good), it is good to see some people who may be different than the typical foamy trucker hat type. Roger, I admire what must be rather thick skin. Rock on dawg.

You forgot "FrugalFannie" who used to be "Pennypincher." She has a wide variety of interests and posts pretty often.

There’s plenty of diversity:

70-72 year old white guys
73-74 year old white guys
75-76 year old white guys
77-78 year old white guys
79-80 year old white guys
VettegirlMA
Broc

There are plenty of white collar members, including engineers, doctors and lawyers. Your assertion is not accurate.

There are members who are minorities and members who are gay. All gun owners are welcome here but sometimes us moderators have to remind people about that.

Most who post here have the good sense not to lead with identity nonsense.

If my parents had been kidnapped then sold off to someone in China where I was eventually born....I'd have a hard time identifying as "Chinese".
Importation of slaves ended about 200 years ago. Slavery in the US ended about 160 years ago. At some point you must decide where your ties are closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom