NES HF net?

For those of you wanting to do a "NES HF NET", why not try to take advantage of what framework is already existing out there for ham radio contacts? Just say hi, and listen a while. Maybe after 5 or 10 or 20 guys come on there and say "Hi, I'm whoever, and hello to my NES friends." they will ask if maybe you want to start your own "NET", or maybe, if you are club members, you could ask them if there is an open time to do something like this.

Anyhow, George's is on again in less than 10 minutes.

It's been mentioned a few times in this thread and bears repeating.

2m is not HF. George's net is not HF. You will not be able to participate in, nor listen to, an HF net with your baofeng handheld.

Do the classes to get your tech and you'll have a better understanding of what you can and cannot do with the equipment you have.

2m is not HF. George's net is not HF. You will not be able to participate in, nor listen to, an HF net with your baofeng handheld.
I understand that. Just like a .22 is not a center fire rifle. But you want to start somewhere. Most people who do HF also have 2M capability, so why not spread your wings there first? That is what I meant by baby steps.

I started a new thread to take stuff out of this one for all you purists, cause NES never gets sidetracked. Anyhow, here:

Back
Top Bottom