NES Ham Radio Club

So,

Here's my suggestion:

1) Two people be assigned to generate the documents required (i believe NX1Z volunteered to drive getting the club call, but I can't find the post do forgive me if I'm throwing you under the bus...).
2) Once the documents are generated (to include a constitution) they be posted for review, comment.
3) Once this is done, then we can have a productive meeting.

Otherwise, we're going to get together and go "well, I guess we need some paper work... lets get together next month..." and so on...

There will be some minor costs associated with maintaining the club (license fees, etc.) so there needs to at least be provisions for a treasury of sorts. The link posted above actually has a good section on generating a constitution.

Matt

If you guys want a true NES club and participation, please consider that not all of us are in the Boston area. Some of us are a but N O R T H of there! ;)

Obviously everyone here has a computer, why not start using Echolink, or other ham radio related tools?

I'm working on linking my repeater to echolink, but I'm not sure how many others up here in NH can hear it (of course, everyone can if they get on echolink.

I have a livemeeting account, but I'm not sure if my company is billed per use/time or not. I'll check to see if I can use it without extra costs to the company.

Echolink is the only option for me right now, I don't have any HF capabilities yet down here. This is another alternative to Echolink, http://qsonet.com/index.html It has more capabilities than Echolink, one can listen to QSO's while tuning the bands. It also has CW function using either a key or a keyboard. The only downside is that it costs $32.00 a year, but there's a 90 day free trial.

We need "a document of organization and managment" to apply for a club call sign. Here is what I have so far:

THE NORTHEAST SHOOTERS AMATEUR RADIO ASSOCIATION
ARTICLES OF ORGANIZATION

Name
This organization shall be known as the Northeast Shooters Amateur Radio Society. (Hereinafter referred to as "The Club."

Purpose
The Club is a non-commercial association of persons interested in Amateur Radio, organized for
the promotion of interest in Amateur Radio communication and experimentation and education,
for the establishment of emergency communications in the event of disasters or other
emergencies, for the advancement of the radio art and the public welfare, for the representation of
the radio amateur in legislative matters, and for the maintenance of collegiality and a high
standard of conduct.

Non-Profit Organization
The Club is a non-profit organization. No profit or gain shall inure to any individual.

Non-Discrimination
The Club shall be open to all persons interested in Amateur Radio without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, gender, handicap or sexual preference.

Fiscal Year
The Fiscal year shall be the Calendar year.

Dissolution
In the event of the dissolution of The Club, the assets shall be donated by the officers of The Club
to one or more non-profit organizations in such manner as defined in the bylaws.

Officers
The Officers of The Club shall be a President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer.

Term of Office
The officers shall be elected to and serve terms of one year.

Eligibility for Office
All members in good standing shall be eligible to hold any of the offices, except that no individual
shall hold more than one elected office at any one time. Further, all officers shall be licensed
Amateur Radio operators.

Duties of The Officers
President
The President shall have general supervision of the affairs of the Club, shall be the authorized
signatory of all contracts and legal documents executed by The Club or shall assign another
member to sign specific contracts or documents, except as indicated by a specific provision of
the Bylaws, shall make reports to the members of The Club, and perform all such duties as are
incident to the President's office or are properly required of the President by the Bylaws. In
addition, the President shall appoint all standing and special committees, serving as ex-officio
member of each.

Vice-President
The Vice-President shall perform such duties as are incidental to the office. The Vice-President
shall assume all duties of the President in the absence, incapacity or at the request of the
President, and shall succeed the President in said office should the office be vacant.

Secretary
The Secretary shall perform all recording duties as required for the operation of The Club, have
charge of The Club minutes, sign all such instruments as require the Secretary's signature, and
shall make such reports and perform such duties as are incidental to the office. The Secretary
shall have responsibility for minutes of all General, Executive Committee, and Special Meetings
of The Club. The Secretary shall maintain custody of all Club Records, be responsible for
assuring that notices for all Meetings or other designated events are issued, and perform such
corresponding duties as are required for the operation of The Club. The Secretary shall keep a
complete record of The Club's membership.

Treasurer
The Treasurer shall have custody of all funds and securities of The Club and deposit same in the
name of The Club in such financial institutions as appropriate. The Treasurer shall sign all
checks, and shall sign all other instruments as require the Treasurer's signature, and shall make
such reports and perform such other duties as are incident to the office. The Treasurer shall be
responsible for the collecting of dues and all other monies due The Club. The Treasurer shall
make no distribution of funds without proper authorization by The Club. The Treasurer shall keep
a complete record of The Club's financial condition and accounting of all Club money. An Annual
Report shall be submitted to the members. An audit of the Treasurer's accounts may be made at
any time by an audit committee appointed by the President. Such committee shall consist of the
Vice-President and two members.

Filling of Vacancies
Vacancy of an office shall be filled by a majority vote of the membership present at the next
General meeting. The Officer so elected shall serve the unexpired term of the vacant office.

Vacating Of Office
When any officer shall vacate their office for any reason, they shall immediately turn over all
items in their possession that belong to The Club to their successor or another officer if no
successor is currently available.

Executive Committee
The Executive Committee shall include the elected Officers and all members appointed to the
Committee by the President.

Bylaws
The Club may adopt such Bylaws as are necessary or suitable.

Adoption Of Articles
These Articles shall be presented to a General Meeting for adoption. Upon approval by a majority
of the members present they shall be considered adopted and placed in force. These Articles
supersede any prior Articles, Constitution and bylaws previously established. The officers shall
affix their signatures to this document pursuant to the vote of the General Meeting.

Amendment Of Articles
The Articles may be amended by a two-thirds vote of the members present at a Special Meeting
called for such purpose.

Last edited:
Looks great. The only suggestion I'd have, being that it is the NES radio society, is that officers of the club should be paid members in good standing of NES. But that ties us to a for-profit organization. Maybe that belongs in the bylaws rather than the constitution though.

I wonder if we can make the President ALWAYS be Derek and only the VP and other officers are elected? Or should Derek be an "Honorary President" since I am not sure if all members have to ba a license holder (I think that is up to us, not the FCC).

/John

I'm still not a fan of the name "Northeast Shooters Amateur Radio Society". I don't think "society" fits, and it doesn't roll off the tounge IMO. nor does "NESARS".
just my $.02

Hi folks

Just joined and found this thread. I've been a ham since 1992 and am currently president of Twin State Radio Club in Hanover, NH. We're pretty active and have about 50 members. I would certainly be interested in being counted among NESARC members but I will likely not be able to attend meetings in person.

I found NES while trying to find 3-gun match info for the area. I shoot USPSA Production and Limited/10 pistol now and very much want to get going in 3-gun. I'll keep scanning the forums.

Thanks

William Daugherty
KX1Y
Plainfield, NH

Welcome William and it's nice to see you have already gone green! Well done!

Hi folks

Just joined and found this thread. I've been a ham since 1992 and am currently president of Twin State Radio Club in Hanover, NH. We're pretty active and have about 50 members. I would certainly be interested in being counted among NESARC members but I will likely not be able to attend meetings in person.

I found NES while trying to find 3-gun match info for the area. I shoot USPSA Production and Limited/10 pistol now and very much want to get going in 3-gun. I'll keep scanning the forums.

Thanks

William Daugherty
KX1Y
Plainfield, NH

I'll be at the flea market at the end of this month. I'm going up on the Friday with another ham. Anyone else going??

Do you mean NEARfest in Deerfield, NH? I will be there at the Twin State Radio Club site, between the main food vendor and Commercial Buildings 1 and 2.

I would love to meet other NES members while there.

William Daugherty
KX1Y

Count me in for the club. I will also be at NEARfest, always a good time.
Ham for ten years now just got a new call it was kb1tom now, w1icu.

Glad to be a NES member
Tom
w1icu

W1NES is still available, It would be a great club call, let's grab it before the winos figure it out.

[laugh]

Hey Zappa, If we can get two more officers can we officially form a club? I know there was quite a bit of discussion about this before and I believe Derek gave us his blessing, lets get this moving! I nominate you as Pres. and I'll be VP, we need a secretary and a treasurer, right?

Hey Zappa, If we can get two more officers can we officially form a club? I know there was quite a bit of discussion about this before and I believe Derek gave us his blessing, lets get this moving! I nominate you as Pres. and I'll be VP, we need a secretary and a treasurer, right?

I was hoping that Derek would get his ticket and apply for "W1NES" but he's been mostly silent on the issue.

I respectfully decline your nomination because I'm not the right guy for the job.
I actually ran two different clubs on 11 meter from the mid 70's to the early 90's.
When I got my ticket in 93' I gave all that up.
Been there, done that, no longer interested.
Also, I'm mostly a UHF guy and don't even own any HF gear below 10 meter.

I'm sorry I don't think Derek should be king of the radio club....You should elect officers. To be affiliated with ARRL a certian % of members need to be ARRL members and this # needs to be updated with the league.......

Back
Top Bottom