NES Ham Radio Club

OK, as most know, here's the basic requirements.

What are the minimum FCC requirements for a club to obtain a club station license?

These minimum requirements as defined by the FCC are:

§97.5 Station license grant required.

(b) The types of station license grants are:

(2) A club station license grant. A club station license grant may be held only by the person who is the license trustee designated by an officer of the club. The trustee must be a person who holds an Amateur Extra, Advanced, General, Technician Plus, or Technician operator license grant. The club must be composed of at least four persons and must have a name, a document of organization, management, and a primary purpose devoted to amateur service activities consistent with this part.

OK, so the main points that we need to work out is the following....correct?

The club must be composed of at least four persons and must have a name,

a document of organization,

management,

and a primary purpose devoted to amateur service activities consistent with this part.

I think that we have the four people down. Are we just going to call us the "NES Ham Radio Club?" Or do we want something more snazzy?

What's a document of organization?

For Management...do they meen that we need to have a President, Treasure, VP, Sgt at Arms...etc??

I guess our purpose would be to work Field Days...correct?

I think that we have the four people down. Are we just going to call us the "NES Ham Radio Club?" Or do we want something more snazzy?
If there are any other suggestions for this we should collect them and put them to a vote

What's a document of organization?
I think like a mission statement maybe. I will have to look into this. I have some sources.

For Management...do they mean that we need to have a President, Treasure, VP, Sgt at Arms...etc??
YES...so we will have to have some kind of vote on these positions too.

I guess our purpose would be to work Field Days...correct?
That would probably work. But maybe worded like "To provide a community within the Northeastshooters organization dedicated to the advancement of the radio art."...or something

Last edited:
http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/club/ (edited from my original post. Had the wrong URL)

All you need for starting a club is at the ARRL site.

Best thing to do is contact our Section Manager
Michael P. Neilsen, W1MPN, 5 Otsego Dr, Hudson, MA 01749-3127 (978-389-0558); email: [email protected]
Dont worry about posting this as it is publicly available on the ARRL site and publish in QST

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting Idea. Maybe we should try this. Who has used this before?

I used it 3 or 4 years ago. Really it's for video (well, power point etc.). You can have up to 15 people join the meeting. You can get a free 30day account, so if one of us signs up for a free account at a time we'll be good for 6-10 months! Only need an account to host. It used to be (not sure if it still is) unless you bought the corporate account it would leave some add for the sw on the guests desktop.

I suppose we could use echolink too.

OK. Call me crazy but if we're going to have a 'virtual' meeting why don't we just meet on the air?

FWIW I think a physical meeting would be better. Even if it is a little more difficult to coordinate.

OK. Call me crazy but if we're going to have a 'virtual' meeting why don't we just meet on the air?

FWIW I think a physical meeting would be better. Even if it is a little more difficult to coordinate.

+1

I prefer face to face.
Once we get a legit club going, we'll need to map out the location of all the members.
Speaking of which, what's the next step in making a legitimate club?

If you guys want a true NES club and participation, please consider that not all of us are in the Boston area. Some of us are a but N O R T H of there! ;)

Obviously everyone here has a computer, why not start using Echolink, or other ham radio related tools?

I'm working on linking my repeater to echolink, but I'm not sure how many others up here in NH can hear it (of course, everyone can if they get on echolink.

I have a livemeeting account, but I'm not sure if my company is billed per use/time or not. I'll check to see if I can use it without extra costs to the company.

I have to learn how to use Echolink.. Once I have that worked out...we'll go from there. I think that I can get a pretty old beat up PC that would be thrown away here at work. As long as there's no need for something good to use echo link.

Once you have your account setup, you can run echolink on any pc, your laptop, etc. There's no need for everyone to connect it to a radio, that's the point of it!

Think of it sort of like an instant messanger for hams, where some of the users can actually coming in over the air, and some are only using their computers.

So, C-pher...

Started building your own HamCOW yet?

HAMCOW_In_Field_2009.JPG

http://hamcow.net/

I know yours would have to contain an arms locker and Bacon storage.

No, the wife is already nervous with one antenna up...talk of another one here this weekend if things work out...and then the HF when I get my General. LOL!

I don't think that I'll get approval from the boss to build one of those. LOL!

Back
Top Bottom