NES Green Shoots at Monadnock Rod and Gun Club for 2011 - mrgci.com

Monadnock

NES Member
link: April 30th NES Green Shoot

FYI: NES Green Shoots at Monadnock Rod and Gun Club - Jaffrey/Peterborough, NH

Derek has blessed these offerings.

(Generally Speaking) All dates are Saturdays and run from 8AM till 5PM, though we encourage camping. Attendees may camp out Friday evening and Saturday evening for free.

April 30th - Spring Trigger Breakout - payment is closed
June 18th - NES COMM2A Benefit Shoot

August 20th - Gunpowderpig III
November 5th - Pumpkin Blast III

We have a variety of targets at these shoots, including automobiles (we had a stretch limo at the last "car" shoot), pumpkins (mini towers, and more), office furniture/tech, paper targets, clays, water jugs, and more. And, we allow the use of large calibers (usually have a few .50s in use), full-auto (a nice variety of fully automatic firearms ...and many owners who are happy to share the experience with fellow NESers), and most other hand held or shoulder-mounted firearm that you can imagine. We often have both cannon and mortar fire during these shoots. And we are tannerite friendly ...it is almost always part of the event.

Go "green" and join in the fun. You can read about what you're missing in the NES "Member's Forum" about our shoots and more.

Regards,
'Monadnock'

Last edited:
NewGunGuy said:
Nice only $75 dollars for a membership there! Damn i really wished I didn't live in the Peoples Republic of Taxachusetts.

And that's a "Household Membership" which covers two adults, and as many youths (17 and under) who live under the same roof.

Looks like a great club.

Does being a resident of MA imply one is a member of a "anti-firearm" group? [grin]

Only if you also recognize Samurai-handled umbrellas as a rifle.

Last edited:
I've consolidated some of the NFA (National Firearms Act Title 2/Class 3) firearms that your fellow Green NESers are bringing on April 30th to Monadnock Rod and Gun Club (some full-auto, some suppressed, some SBR) ...and many to share!:

Of course, one-eyed Jack and his bevy of FA and suppressed fun:
the classic Chicago Typewriter, the M1928A1/M1/M1A1 Thompson Submachine Gun, it's cost-effective stamped-metal Sten-like replacement in WWII ...the M3/M3A1 Grease Gun, named for it's similarity in appearance to genuine grease gun. The mighty M10 MAC 10 machine pistol, and another WWII replacement for the venerable (but expensive to produce) Thompson ...the select-fire Reising M50 ...perhaps manufactured right in Worcester, MA? And Jack usually brings another NFA that sits in his custom rack (with skull adornment ;) which escapes my mind right now. He's also bringing his suppressed "Meineke" 20 gauge shotgun, and a suppressed Ruger .22 pistol.

Fooped
: Greg''s bringing [STRIKE]Hitler's[/STRIKE] Wilhelm's Buzzsaw the MG42, and another mighty MAC.

EddieCoyle: selective-fire FN FNC .223/5.56 ( ...and while not NFA, Jim says that he's going to bring some "interesting" loads for his X-frames)

AmericanWeaponSystems: Rindge's Ty Taylor is bringing a Bushmaster M16 5.56 w/100 round mag (whohoo! will we hear that empty!!!?), and a nasty, compact, suppressed SIG Sauer (model 556?) SBR in 5.56

willbdavis: Reising M50 selective fire

cekim: Two unidentified full-auto firearms

Please be kind, and respect the owner's wishes and be sure to only run factory-loaded, brass-cased ammo of their recommendation through their hardware.

Last edited:
Wow........I never knew about these. My family used to have a huge working farm up theres in the late 60s running from greenfield to peterboro. I might in fact take a ride up there to see whats become of it 40yrs after I recall summering there , for the shoot of course. During the summer GTG/Shoots. Bump!

Wow........I never knew about these. My family used to have a huge working farm up theres in the late 60s running from greenfield to peterboro. I might in fact take a ride up there to see whats become of it 40yrs after I recall summering there , for the shoot of course. During the summer GTG/Shoots. Bump!

Hey bolt, go "green" and join in the fun of the NES "Green" Shoots held at multiple Clubs.

some info copied from the "green" link.

Memberships benefits include ability to upload attachments totaling up to 10mb to the server, private messages storage goes from 50 to 1000 messages, ability set self to invisible mode, use a personal signature, ability to upload a profile picture to the server, ability to upload a avatar picture to the server, and access to the NES Members Forum.

Other benefits include:

* Access to sell items in the classifieds,
* Firearm give aways,
* Frequent NES Members group shoots, only Green Members are admitted unless you are an invited paid guest.
* Frequent NES Members luncheons/dinners,
* All Group Buys are restricted to NES Members only,
* NES Tours/Trips to firearms manufacturers plants, etc.,
* Special Discount deals,
* No Google adds

The checks actually been sitting in my car in a stamped addressed envelope for a several months...<shrug>.Thanks again!

Last edited:
I cant find the Comm2A thread. did it get deleted?

can someone PM the link please.

Memberships benefits include ability to upload attachments totaling up to 10mb to the server, private messages storage goes from 50 to 1000 messages, ability set self to invisible mode, use a personal signature, ability to upload a profile picture to the server, ability to upload a avatar picture to the server, and access to the NES Members Forum.

how do i make myself invisible?

Last edited:
The COMM2A thread will reappear at any time now. Tom took it down out of courtesy. The COMM2A Shoot is at Monadnock Rod and Gun Club too. There is still about 6 weeks before that shoot takes place.

That said, it's silly to compete, basically drawing folks from the April Shoot who may simply decide that the June Shoot is enough. or commit to the June Shoot, and not even consider the April Shoot ...being the NES Green Shoot on the 30th (next weekend) and the NES Green Shoot in June (COMM2A Benefit).

To be quite frank, while the shoots are quite enjoyable and entertaining to the MRGCI Members who run them, and NES Green Members who attend them. They are at their base, ways for the Gun Club to generate cash. Cash used to pay the tax/insurance/electric ...etc bills and maintain and improve the infrastructure. Not to mention the charity and community functions that we support and run at no cost to groups like the Scouts, GONH, and the area at-large. Our biggest event every year (since 1947) being the Annual Children's Fishing Derby where we stock the pond with lunker trout, and provide free food, drink, trophies and prizes to any area child (and to their parents) from 2 to 15 years old who cares to attend. That event alone runs into multiple thousands of dollars that we partially generate at shoots like the NES events.

So, pitting one weekend against another is a real waste. Our shoot schedule is published ...that's enough for someone to make their plans. In the same way that we will not open the thread for the 3rd Annual Gunpowderpig in August until the COMM2A event has closed their payment ...and for the same reasons.

Unfortunately, life in this respect is very close to a zero sum game. An individual has a set amount of resources whether it be a combination of vacation time/free time, money, reloaded ammo, purchased ammo ...so having them commit ahead to one can affect the other.

Likewise, we (MRGCI) will try not to bigfoot anyone else's shoots. Say by scheduling a shoot the weekend before a previously scheduled shoot by some other Club. We certainly do not hold any exclusive rights to anything or anyone, but we still have to justify to the Officers and the Membership the closing of the Club on a Saturday. And the inherent added risk profile of having a large group of folks with various levels of training, possessing all manner of firearms, come to the Club for the day. And that justification comes in the form of the financial report at the end of the month.

Regards,
Monadnock

PS - Settings -> (My Settings) (My Account) -> General Settings -> (Login&Privacy) Invisible Mode checkbox

Last edited:
Oh, ok. I thought I was going crazy, because I know I saw it, and couldn't find it.

Back
Top Bottom