NES Golf Thread

SteelShooter

NES Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
86 at Townsend ridge yesterday, which at that course I’ll take it’s pretty narrow. Also happy since I’ve not played much in two years
I love that course, I used to play in a charity thing there with the Bruins and NESN. I still say Dale Arnold stole my driver the one year I played in the same group as him.

Mini88

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Played Granite Links today. Wind gusts up to 44+MPH.

Shot 87. Not bad for me at that course.
Was crazy windy that day.

I set a personal best this past Sunday making 5 birdies in nine holes to turn at 4 under. Playing partner had to leave after 9 and it took 30 min to get a replacement to card a legit score. I cooled off in the meantime and so did the weather. Gave a couple back to card a 70. Was hoping to go deep and have my career round but i’ve never made 5 birdies in 9 holes so that was fun.

Just praying for the nice weather to come back, very wet spring so far.

ASHDUMP

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Played Butter Brook in Westford last Friday. Played well again.... Shot an 85. 41 on the back and 44 on the front...

What a nice course too.

My HC is trending in the right direction. 14.8 right now. I use Grint to keep track of it...

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Got a Bag Boy Quad XL two weeks ago becuase the wife likes walking and said she'd come with me if I quit using the cart. The cart is really nice. Also the wife is turning into quite the good caddy. :D

Played an 86 this morning. Had 4 birdies but the various color squares kept stacking up. I've been struggling with my putting the past week. Took a week off and hoping to play almost every day while on vacation.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Add: I've now got roughly a year on my Rogue set (SW-3H) and I really like them. Definitively worth the money. The 3/4/5 hybrids really have given me confidence hitting out of deep rough.

ASHDUMP

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Haven't broke 90 in past 6 rounds. Nothing is clicking right now....

......golf.

Playing nice courses too....

Just bought myself a rangefinder too....

ASHDUMP

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Playing Maplegate in Bellingham tomorrow morning.

Played this course for the first time last week and fell in love with it.

I guess they have a whole new grounds crew according to someone I played with. They had a guy in the fescue pulling weeds... Wild to see.

Greens we're true and fairways in good shape.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Playing Maplegate in Bellingham tomorrow morning.

Played this course for the first time last week and fell in love with it.

I guess they have a whole new grounds crew according to someone I played with. They had a guy in the fescue pulling weeds... Wild to see.

Greens we're true and fairways in good shape.
That's awesome to hear. That course was challenging but it pissed me off to no end when Id hit into more sand on the green then was in the bunker.

geoguy8

NES Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Thinking about updating my 20 year old irons. Need something forgiving for a weekend hacker with 57 year old aches and pains. What do the experts suggest? Used is fine, not looking to break the bank...

Salyeica

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thinking about updating my 20 year old irons. Need something forgiving for a weekend hacker with 57 year old aches and pains. What do the experts suggest? Used is fine, not looking to break the bank...
Any of the newer massive cavity back irons should work fine. Think Calloway Rogue or TaylorMade M2

Salyeica

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Shot 91 (45/46) at Red Tail the other day. Hit the ball ok, but chipping and putting were atrocious, as usual.

Salyeica

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Par. Only because my ball was 30' away.... It made such a loud noise I think it went in the cup and bounced out. Or hit the actual flag and stick. It was awesome whatever it did....
Nice.

I’m playing Laconia CC on Saturday afternoon. Hopefully I’ll putt better, since I’ll be in a match.

SERE

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Sunday River today.
View attachment 293065

Messed up my right forearm today. Almost didn't make the whole round... What did i do? Never happened to me before.
View attachment 293066
Does it feel like you stretched the bicep where it attaches to the forearm? If you have bruising in the morning take a photo and post it. I know a few here have torn, or ruptured, their lower/distal bicep.

Best of luck.

Last edited:

ASHDUMP

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
It's the bulge on the left near elbow. Also runs down forearm. Doesn't hurt much today but still swollen. If the swelling doesn't go down in a few days I'll go see a doctor.

Top Bottom