***NES Forum Upgrade 11/18/2017***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice job Admin's! Thanks for all the hard work. Having been in IT I know it is a thankless task...

I have an ancient iPad sitting at work that I'll try and debug this remaining issue with on Monday. The method I'm using to manage the header has been a standard for over 5 years now, so I'm not sure how Apple got away without supporting it properly in iOS 10.

In the meantime, I would suggest updating to iOS 11, or using Chrome on iOS.

So how many versions of ios, andriod, chrome, I.E., safari, firefox, etc should new software support?
Hey, I'm not complaining on that topic. Everything fine here. I was just telling him why some have older OS's.

Thanks for everything Derek. Happy hunting and Happy Thanksgiving.

I haven't read the whole thread so maybe this has already been mentioned, but I noticed that we can now "ignore" dealers in the classifieds.
In the old version of NES it used to be that because they moderated their own sub forum that they couldn't be ignored.
Glad to see that change.
For me at least, no more viewing a whole page of "WTS" from a single member when clicking New Posts.

I was just going over the new layout, it has new posts, then new profile posts which I clicked on and it's like reading everyone's private pm's to eachother. Talking about private stuff I shouldn't see. What's up ?

Those aren't pm's, they are profile messages. Like visitor messages on the old software. Those have always been public

I was just going over the new layout, it has new posts, then new profile posts which I clicked on and it's like reading everyone's private pm's to eachother. Talking about private stuff I shouldn't see. What's up ?

It's a problem of people not understanding how the system works. This would be like writing on someone's facebook profile, versus sending them a private message.

We upped the threads and posts per page to 30 - this should be a good middle ground for all of you wanting 40.

Is there a way to have some more post info visible on a mobile device in portrait mode? I'm missing the post #'s the most... I almost never turn the phone to landscape.

Seems like there's plenty of available real estate...

Thanks!

Oh MAN ! I really like that I can ignore classified from dealers I'd never do business with anyway! ^5 Team Admin. ******Amd it even works in the wanted to sell OH HAPPY DAY"S!!! No more glass froster! or Forbert Parlor Gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like Floberts. I'd have looked at that one seriously if I didn't already have one.

I tried to search but no luck, so can anyone tell me how to delete their conversations? I like to keep that area cleaned up as much as possible. Thanks.

open your conversations list, check the one you want to delete a box will open, highlight leave conversation in the choices, another box will open and ask if you want to do future conversations ,make your choice and hit leave conversation. Seems to work.

Yep, it worked. Thanks. It wasn't very intuitive to delete that way though.

open your conversations list, check the one you want to delete a box will open, highlight leave conversation in the choices, another box will open and ask if you want to do future conversations ,make your choice and hit leave conversation. Seems to work.

Thanks for the tip. It worked great. Would have never guessed that one.

Some phones don't go higher. My wife has an iphone 5, and it only goes up to 10.

does you wife's phone run well?...how's the battery life?...i'm still running ios 8.3 on my iphone 5s...newer ios versions are built for newer phones with better processors...the newer versions of ios slow down the older phones due to their older processors sometimes turning the phone into a brick and forcing you to upgrade to a newer phone...i have started to have to delete apps cause they aren't supported and i can't get new apps cause my ios isn't the minimum version required for those apps...the phone still does what i need though...calls, texts, emails, camera, navigation, weather, calendar, radio, youtube, amazon, ebay, craigslist...everything else is gravy in my book

Things are working great for me now (desktop only, I don't read NES on mobile), with two exceptions.

First, marking Firearms Classifieds as read is super easy (click the balloon), but then it takes me straight to that forum instead of remaining on the main forum page.

Second, I would love to see the forum title return to the posts. Once you're in a thread, there's no way to see which thread it is without scrolling back up to the very top of the page. I fear this will cause more thread drift, as people reply off-topic to whatever the last post happened to be.

Things are working great for me now (desktop only, I don't read NES on mobile), with two exceptions.

First, marking Firearms Classifieds as read is super easy (click the balloon), but then it takes me straight to that forum instead of remaining on the main forum page.

Second, I would love to see the forum title return to the posts. Once you're in a thread, there's no way to see which thread it is without scrolling back up to the very top of the page. I fear this will cause more thread drift, as people reply off-topic to whatever the last post happened to be.

Second this but I'll go further. I used to be able to see the thread title in the URL (at least partially) so keeping track of where I am was easy. A Title heading showing the forum/thread would make this simple. But of the two things that are a pain, this is the lesser.

I really would like to see a mobile app, navigating on a small screen is a major PIA. I know some kind of plug-in/app has been mentioned, but is it being worked on? When can it be expected? My experience is that you can make any/all the users of a system happy if you set the right expectations, with time estimates (use the Scotty factor http://wiki.c2.com/?ScottyFactor ). People can't bitch that something isn't being done because you've already told them what and when. Until your self imposed deadline passes, no one can rightly complain.

And yes the changes in the layout have been a major improvement, thank you. Personally I didn't find most of it a problem, but it's clear there were many that did, and what we have now is definitely better to what was, so you (sHORTY, Derek) deserve much thanks for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom