• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

***NES Forum Upgrade 11/18/2017***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whelp...

Start a new conversation to someone. Go list Conversations (PM's) and see in tiny font the participants.

Click into the conversation, you can't tell who it was addressed to (until they respond). You gotta take it on faith.

I suppose if you started a convo to two recipients and only one answered, you'd lose track of the other person.

Gonna have to roll back to vbulletin, guys...

Sorry about that!
Lead paint chips as a kid?

Thing I miss most is unread list that are just most recently updated threads across entire forum. Any way to get that on new nes?
The thing I miss the most is my itrader rating which was 100% with 20 or so transactions.

I had a long exchange with another green member today for something (BNIB) I have posted in the classified section. He was all in and working on a meet-up, then found the same item on eBay at a slightly higher price and decided he would rather pay more through eBay than from another green member on NES.

I think my itrader rep might have helped. Hope this data is not lost and just WIP to restore.

For the last time, iTrader ratings are not lost. We are in the works of adding a mod that will bring them back. Guys I had 12 years of data, mods, software, etc. Any upgrade going forward isn't going to be easy, quick, or painless. We are still moving forward and will continue to do so, it's just sHORTY and me.

Anyone else using an iPhone and having trouble viewing the first and/or second post on each page of a thread? They all get cut off with no way of scrolling up? Really odd.

This is a screenshot of page 18 of this thread. I can't scroll up beyond Coyote's post even though there's at least one post before his...
iQ65m

Anyone else using an iPhone and having trouble viewing the first and/or second post on each page of a thread? They all get cut off with no way of scrolling up? Really odd.

This is a screenshot of page 18 of this thread. I can't scroll up beyond Coyote's post even though there's at least one post before his....
iQ65m

This was fixed a while back, but your phone might be caching the old script. Please give this a shot:
https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iphone/how-clear-cache-on-your-iphone-or-ipad-3609079/

For the last time, iTrader ratings are not lost. We are in the works of adding a mod that will bring them back. Guys I had 12 years of data, mods, software, etc. Any upgrade going forward isn't going to be easy, quick, or painless. We are still moving forward and will continue to do so, it's just sHORTY and me.

Sorry Derick, I know it's a lot of work to update a website. Haven't been able to keep up with every post on this thread. Good to know this is WIP.

10.3.3. It hadn't been doing this until today for some reason.

Can you please try clearing the cache and trying again? I made a few changes, but as I cannot reproduce this on my iOS 11 device, it's incredibly difficult to test this.

To Admin & sHORTY,

I hope you guys take tomorrow off and enjoy your Families. Happy Thanksgiving from both of us!

Thanks for all that you've done in this transition.

Can you please try clearing the cache and trying again? I made a few changes, but as I cannot reproduce this on my iOS 11 device, it's incredibly difficult to test this.

Tried it again and still the same. Hmmm. Unless I'm not doing it correctly?...I go into the settings and clear history and data.

Tried it again and still the same. Hmmm. Unless I'm not doing it correctly?...I go into the settings and clear history and data.

That should do it. I'll keep looking into this, but I'm kind of lost at this point - I removed every conditional that I had and just have the default action as resizing the banners, which should stop what you're seeing from happening.

For curiosities sake - why are you still running iOS 10?

I for 1 like all the newness, I might be an old fart but I LIKE change, I like new guns, I like old guns too ( that's a whole nother discussion) Hell I even like new wives, working on my 3rd (Must be that new wife smell) Give theses guys a break they been busting their humps to improve what was probably held together with bailing wire and bubble gum. The new look and feel will grow on you if not ADAPT FFS! Quit bitching your making me homesick!

Last edited:
Getting better everyday ADMINS. I don't have to wear shades to view it anymore, and I could reduce my browser zoom to read posts. Keep up the good work.
Just remember;
You can please some of the people, all of the time.
All the People, some of the time.
But not all the people, all the time....

Still can't move the cursor back to something that I screwed up typing on the mobile version...have to backspace all the way to correct and then re type everything...running iOS and chrome

And great job...it's looking better each day

Right side of the screen (or at the bottom, if you're on mobile).

I see it now. It looks "detached", like a a right hand panel of ads or unrelated stuff. Knowing where it is, fine.

Lead paint chips as a kid?

My folks were too poor to buy candy for us and bees get MAD when you steal their honey. The chips were the only sweets I had as a kid.

Last edited:
I am pleased... but now that you mention it!

Hey @sHORTY is there any possibility of increasing the font size of quoted text just a tiny bit? Would anyone else here agree?

Haha I wish it would go the other way. Running 1440x900 and I can only see 2 replies on screen at a time. The font size (for me) is MASSIVE.

I feel like I have my computer set in accessibility mode for the blind person sitting halfway across the room so they can read over my shoulder.

Haha I wish it would go the other way. Running 1440x900 and I can only see 2 replies on screen at a time. The font size (for me) is MASSIVE.

I feel like I have my computer set in accessibility mode for the blind person sitting halfway across the room so they can read over my shoulder.

Yes, I guess it is all relative to the device you are on -- to this point I had been on my iPad but now on my 15" laptop the quotes are easier to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom