***NES Forum Upgrade 11/18/2017***

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe I just can't find it, but was curious if there is still an option to have the more than 10 posts per page. used to be able to set it to 40 per page. I really liked that. len taught me about it! sorry if I just can't find it

maybe I just can't find it, but was curious if there is still an option to have the more than 10 posts per page. used to be able to set it to 40 per page. I really liked that. len taught me about it! sorry if I just can't find it

We've been told that it's hard set to 20 per page now. No option to get it back to 40 (hell, even 30 would be an improvement)...

Three steps forward in security and [hopefully] performance but five steps back for the UI.

tHAT INVERTED CAPSLOCK INCIDENT WILL FOLLOW THE POOR GUY FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE lol

Yeah... so that's what happens when a 34 year old man is stuck with a nickname he came up with in the 90s - that sort of thing was cool back then. I've just decided to accept my fate and keep it as is.

New forum isn't playing nice with iOS. Banner ads block the top1/4 of my screen when using my ipad

Good day sHORTY.

1. Under what is now called "your news feed" it shows who you are following. In the old forum it included yourself. You could choose just yourself to see individual Posts that you have made. This is different than "Watched Threads". Is their anyway to list individual "Posts" that one has created again? This would be even better as the "watched threads" only includes threads you have posted in since the update and will allow you go find an old post one made previously.
  2. When one quotes only from an outside source to back up a link how can you mark the post in a "quote bubble"? This helps readers decide if they want to clink on the llink without breaking laws and quoting the whole article.

Thanks to you and Derek/Admin for taking the time to put up with all the requests.

Mark Forums Read button is missing from the classified area. The change overnight to how the classified area of the forum is presented removed the Mark Forums Read button that exists when navigating everywhere else. It also removed other navigation buttons in favor of quick links to classified sub forums. This too is inconvenient but can be worked around with an extra click. The removal of the MFR button I can find no workaround to.

Under what is now called "your news feed" it shows who you are following. In the old forum it included yourself. You could choose just yourself to see individual Posts that you have made. This is different than "Watched Threads". Is their anyway to list individual "Posts" that one has created again? This would be even better as the "watched threads" only includes threads you have posted in since the update and will allow you go find an old post one made previously.

You can go to your profile page and then click on "Postings".

When one quotes only from an outside source to back up a link how can you mark the post in a "quote bubble"? This helps readers decide if they want to clink on the llink without breaking laws and quoting the whole article.

upload_2017-11-22_8-20-14.png

Mark Forums Read button is missing from the classified area. The change overnight to how the classified area of the forum is presented removed the Mark Forums Read button that exists when navigating everywhere else. It also removed other navigation buttons in favor of quick links to classified sub forums. This too is inconvenient but can be worked around with an extra click. The removal of the MFR button I can find no workaround to.

I changed the way this works a little bit, should be back to how it used to be.

Admin and sHORTY, thanks for being so responsive to questions and addressing issues. Overall, the new site looks good and it is a big improvement. I know that it is a large undertaking and I appreciate the amount of time and effort you've put into it.

Will our trader history be restored, or is that lost?

Once things settle down a bit, would it be possible to post a roadmap in the OP?

Thanks,

MarkT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom