***NES Forum Upgrade 11/18/2017***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: How do I change the the notification on a thread I am subscribed to? I want to keep it subscribed, but not receive emails on it anymore.

i'm not sure if you can do that for individual threads...i think email alerts are either on or off for all...hover over your user name and go to alert preferences

Actually, Tapatalk makes a free plugin that is very simple to install on XenForo that enables Tapatalk support for the forum.

Please look at it @Admin, don't leave us Tapatalk users out to dry.

https://tapatalk.com/download_xenforo.php

If you use the Tapatalk app to access the forum you will not be enjoying it the way it is meant to be enjoyed. Rather than let you do it wrong, admins are making sure you use the site the right way. Users just don’t know what’s best for them sometimes.

You have no idea how bummed out I am about this. This is the main forum I follow and read on a daily basis but there's no way I'll use the browser.

I really dont mean to bash on you specifically because I know how difficult it is to deal with things like this.

A few users of the old Tapatalk might not like it, but the latest version is awesome and offers so many features. I follow about 10 different forums through the app and the convenience factor of not having to browse to each of those individually and login individually is a life saver.

I've been in the software industry for over 15 years and one thing I learned is to never break functionality of existing users. You really shot yourself in the foot right there. Email notifications?!

Did you at least run the numbers of the percentage of your userbase that used Tapatalk? I'd love to hear what that percentage was.

Just a shame overall. On the flip side, now ad revenue will go up with people having to open the browser
Yeah this is disappointing. I have transitioned from browsing from my computer to Tapatalk on my phone, and I will not be on much if Tapatalk is no longer an option. I wonder if the increase in ad revenue will match the drop in green memberships.

My only gripe so far if I'm permitted one.
And since all the cool kids are doing it.:cool:

The color scheme. It may just be me. But to my eyes everything runs together.

I'm sure there could be something like the old NES dark.

When you tap on it ,it opens bigger and dances just fine:)

I still can’t find where to add an avatar yet:confused:

W.E.C., I figured it would be under settings or preferences, and I couldn't find it. I also tried clicking on my Avatar, but I don't have permission to access that page. Maybe it's something Shorty's working on. IDK. Should be an easy process to add. It used to be under settings.

My only gripe so far if I'm permitted one.
And since all the cool kids are doing it.:cool:

The color scheme. It may just be me. But to my eyes everything runs together.

I'm sure there could be something like the old NES dark.
Not a fan of the color scheme either. Hey Mods, could you do a sandbox with the old scheme so we could see what it looks like?

I have a long list of complaints, which I will drop as soon as I run a forum of this size for a few years.

In other words, keep up the great work, and thanks!

jeez what did all the complainers do when windows 98 was introduced???

in a couple of months this change will be a distant memory

edit: thinking about this and remembered it was windows '95 that was the big change. so far back i forgot

Last edited:
Would like to see post count and rep without having to click on the avatar. Most forums do this, so I don't get why that feature was removed. As others have mentioned, that makes it SO much easier to spot and ignore the trolls.

Otherwise, carry on!

My biggest disappointment was not knowing that TappaTalk wasn't going to be supported so I didn't know the forum was back up until I pinged it via a browser!

Of course I only used TT because when I was viewing the site on mobile I kept getting logged out before. So now viewing on mobile is different and has a little learning curve. I will get over it, and delete the app because I have little use for it now.

Question: How do I change the the notification on a thread I am subscribed to? I want to keep it subscribed, but not receive emails on it anymore.

found it...you have to go to all your watched threads...there are check boxes next to each thread you can click and then adjust the settings in the drop down box at the bottom to enable email, disable email or unwatch

found it...you have to go to all your watched threads...there are check boxes next to each thread you can click and then adjust the settings in the drop down box at the bottom to enable email, disable email or unwatch

Thanks, I see it now. Was looking at the menus at the top. I do wish it listed the current notification on each thread like it used to, that was convenient to quickly see which ones were set to instant notification.

The theme is a little glaring. It would be nice if things were a touch darker overall but more specifically it would be good if the lines between posts in a thread were a little darker, it seems kind of chaotic right now.

My work monitors are crap so it's worse here, but I bet that's true for a lot of people.

The theme is a little glaring. Specifically it would be good if the lines between posts in a thread were a little darker, it seems kind of chaotic right now.

My work monitors are crap so it's worse here, but I bet that's true for a lot of people.

That's a good way of describing it... in the old format, the posts were well delineated, the light colors esp on the bars separating the posts are a bit much. It's too bad that most of these packages don't allow the user to click some button in prefs to choose a theme/layout.

-Mike

That's a good way of describing it... in the old format, the posts were well delineated, the light colors esp on the bars separating the posts are a bit much. It's too bad that most of these packages don't allow the user to click some button in prefs to choose a theme/layout.

-Mike

I was actually inspired and started looking at migrating my forum to xenforo (think im going to do it). You can let users choose a theme but I can understand why the admins might not want to - if you need to tweak things manually you wind up having to do it on multiple themes and...f*** that shit. LOL

Another suggestion - these are just suggestions, not trying to bust anyone's balls, just trying to help make NES great again.

If possible, it would be great if the stickies in a given forum had a slightly different background color in the threads list. It's tricky with this color scheme to see where stickies stop and current threads begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom