***NES Forum Upgrade 11/18/2017***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you to the admins working on the requests. I've done this for a motorcycle forum several times before, and know how impossible it is trying to please everyone.
Okay, first Steyr_AUG, and now Evadd's Michelle Jenneke avatar no longer dances? I'm afraid we will have to go back. ;)

I've updated the 404 to add a link, but could someone share what bookmark they have that isn't coming up? I thought I caught all of them with redirects.

I do not know if anyone other than me used the usercp page as a bookmark for the site, but it still resolves as the old site with the “we will be back soon” message. I checked it just moments ago.

https://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/usercp.php

Thanks

the color pallet makes some of the lines and blocks very difficult to differentiate, is there a way to adjust them?

the color pallet makes some of the lines and blocks very difficult to differentiate, is there a way to adjust them?

This^

I too find the pastel colors difficult the navigate through, especially that thin blue line between the posts. Seems like the colors need to be adjusted to allow for easier visual interpretation.

Is there a way to go back to the old color scheme? Browsing on my phone I am not a huge fan of the blue. Thanks.

Edit: I also liked how the usernames used to be to the left of the posts, now they are above each post...

Thanks to Derek and sHORTY and anyone else who's working on the upgrade. We know you're just trying to make the place better!

I do agree with some of the "issues" mentioned. But I also know that you guys are probably already well aware and will be making tweaks over the next couple weeks to dial things in.

One thing I'll mention regarding the classified sub forums - In the previous version, when you clicked into the Handguns sub forum, for example, each ad had a thumbnail photo to the left of it (if the seller had photos in their ad). Those thumbnails are now gone. Hopefully this is something that can be brought back?

The thumbnails were a quick and easy way to determine whether or not I wanted to click into the ad to check it out or to simply move on. Without the thumbnails, I feel like I have to click into EVERY ad to see if there are any photos, etc.

Thanks guys!

Is there a way to go back to the old color scheme? Browsing on my phone I am not a huge fan of the blue. Thanks.

Edit: I also liked how the usernames used to be to the left of the posts, now they are above each post...

What are you browsing with?
Chrome on the phone, request desktop. It is laid out like normal. Just in pastel.

One thing I'll mention regarding the classified sub forums - In the previous version, when you clicked into the Handguns sub forum, for example, each ad had a thumbnail photo to the left of it (if the seller had photos in their ad). Those thumbnails are now gone. Hopefully this is something that can be brought back?

On the list - we're working on it.

PC caveman here :)
Thanks for getting the site back and running, although the previously mentioned welding helmet sounds pretty good right now as well as reading glasses I didn’t think I needed LOL.
I guess the change is good and here I go - adapting:)

Worth noting the swear filter is down.

I hope they not only bring it back, but add some more words. I'm no wuss, but there are kids who read this also you know.

That's a good way of describing it... in the old format, the posts were well delineated, the light colors esp on the bars separating the posts are a bit much. It's too bad that most of these packages don't allow the user to click some button in prefs to choose a theme/layout.

Go look at some other forums. I'm sure they are working on perfecting it, rather than tweaks here and there to more commentary.

Here is another forum which might be similar to what we now have here:
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/new-forum-software-xenforo.67097/page-5

(no guarantees, and this was just from a quick google on xen forum etc.)

One thing I would like to have back is the quick LOGOUT at the top of the page, which is handy for many different reasons.

Hanwei said:

On the list - we're working on it.

Would that include the thread preview as well?

Looks like a reboot or something just happened.
a44.gif

Would that include the thread preview as well?

Can you expand on your question? I'm not sure what you're referring to with regards to the thread preview.

When you hover your mouse over a thread title, the old forum would show a popup preview of content from the first post in the thread (I think this is what he's referring to).

I just tried it now and it works for me!

I hope they not only bring it back, but add some more words. I'm no wuss, but there are kids who read this also you know.
“BUT THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN!!”
Or maybe parents should monitor their kids a little better if they don’t want them swearing? Frankly I like the lack of censoring and hope it stays.

How do I delete old PMs? You could check a bunch and then there was a "Delete" choice but now I don't see anything like that. You can still check a bunch of PMs but that seems to be it. Apologies if it was already covered.

I have to sign in every time even though I check "keep me signed in box". Minor issue.

I've seen that with the prior software too and the advice was to flush the cache in your browser and try again. It seems to work for most. But the problem isn't really related to the software change. Give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom