• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

***NES Forum Upgrade 11/18/2017***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking for myself I just discovered the upgraded forum yesterday (haven't signed in for a few days) and I like it! Thanks to all who worked on this upgrade

Are there any plans to add more emoji's to the [very] short set that's currently available??? The old set were very useful, and more than a bit entertaining when properly used. ;)

Cool, it looks like the background color has changed since yesterday, either that or I have gotten over the snow blindness the orginal scheme was causing and can now read again.
I would still like to see a little heavier line weight on the boxes around posts, just to delineate between them a bit more.

When you hover your mouse over a thread title, the old forum would show a popup preview of content from the first post in the thread (I think this is what he's referring to).

I just tried it now and it works for me!

What Hanwei said is exactly what I was talking about. The new tread preview is better than the pre-upgrade one too! Thank you sHORTY!

Looking better, it was really hurting my eyes before!

If post background could be a slightly different color than the background to make them stand out even more that might be rad.

(again, suggestions only, really really appreciate the hard work. it's looking great)

Admin/SHoRTY: It may be noteworthy, the old forum "Be back soon..." was still showing on my direct link* all weekend... I thought you guys were having real trouble.
Monday sometime I decided to skip the direct link* and hit the top level.

The *direct link in question was the old forum equivalent to this:
https://www.northeastshooters.com/xen/find-new/posts
Sorry, I edited my bookmark and moved on and didn't think to document the old 'New Posts' direct link. Suffice it to say, there may be others who think the forum remains offline!

Admin/SHoRTY: It may be noteworthy, the old forum "Be back soon..." was still showing on my direct link* all weekend... I thought you guys were having real trouble.
Monday sometime I decided to skip the direct link* and hit the top level.

The *direct link in question was the old forum equivalent to this:
https://www.northeastshooters.com/xen/find-new/posts
Sorry, I edited my bookmark and moved on and didn't think to document the old 'New Posts' direct link. Suffice it to say, there may be others who think the forum remains offline!

I've resolved this to auto redirect a few more places, and add a link to the new forums for anything I didn't catch specifically.

And, it is broken again. The hover just brings up text to go to latest post now instead of the original post.

This seems to not show for devices capable of touch. I'm trying to figure out how to best handle it.

Probably been said before, but I'd like the sub-menus under "Forums" and "Resources" to be a darker color. The white font on the gradient light blue doesn't jump out at me.

This seems to not show for devices capable of touch. I'm trying to figure out how to best handle it.

Which both of the (Win10) computers I use are. With SO many computers having touch screens these days, that's a pretty large issue.

Checked with the computer at the orfice (no touch screen) and the mouse-over works there. I'm NOT going to VPN into the orfice for that. It should be fixed for those on systems that are newer than 5 years old.

Also it doesn't seem to care if you're viewing the site on a non-touch enabled display. IF the computer/laptop is capable, you're boned. I have the browers, on my older system on the external display and it's still boned.

Last edited:
Did we pick up a lot more sites we can embed media from?

As much as I appreciate whacko's avatar,( over and over again), the face on that girl of Loginname is priceless

Just don't ask what the back story is. <insert non-gay, previous version NES smiley here>

You two geniuses can't go to Facebook and search "Northeastshooters"

I don't think the Facebook page is run by Derek though... it is a good source of entertainment when NES is down though.

it's easy enough but there isn't just one of them...want to get on the right one...if the logo was the profile photo i'd know it was the right one

You two geniuses can't go to Facebook and search "Northeastshooters"

May not show up because it's not listed. They would need to already know someone thats already a member to get an invite I think...

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom