• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NES Classifieds !

mac1911

NES Member
Just want to say thank you for bring back the old system

I can scan through every section in less time than it took me to get into the old/new system

I, too, like the current format better. Bought 2 guns from the classifieds last weekend, and check them every day for a couple others that are on my wish list. [grin]

The currently classified is much more better than the previous and older classified. It might felt the same as the older classified, but with much improved function and well regulated.

Sent from my iPhone 5.

Add me to the list of fans of the new, used to be old classifieds. Don't have the money to buy what's up there right now but I'm enjoying the window shopping anyway.

i'm not a huge fan of either system as a buyer.

old classifieds: i loved how you could break out the guns by subcategory. if i wanted to look at semi-auto only, that's all i would see. aside from the fact that there was sometimes 4 pages of "featured" listings, it was easy to tell what was newly listed and what had been on there for a while. i didn't like the fact that the featured listings stayed featured long after the item was sold, or the fact that it was its own site.

new classifieds: all listings are grouped by major category (handgun/rifle, etc), can't break out into subcategories. listings can be bumped, so when anyone replies to it the listing goes to the top... it's tough to keep track of what's new and what keeps coming back to the top. yes i know that it says the date the ad was posted, but it's not as easy as it used to be. if i'm a buyer and i've already seen everything that was posted yesterday and decided that i don't want to buy any of it, there's no need for me to see the listings anymore. i want to see what's new. to see old ads that i'm not interested in keep bumping to the top is annoying. i do like where the link is located on the main site.

as a seller i can see it as advantageous. if no one bites on your ad you bump it to the top so it's fresh and always in view.

i've never sold anything but i have picked up a few things, so i'm biased. i typically don't have a lot of time to browse the classifieds. with the old system i could quickly check and see if anything new was posted. new system takes more time, so i find myself on there less often.

if i had to design the classifieds i'd have it filter/sortable, like most auction sites, and have it accessible the same way the current classifieds is now.

i could sort by handgun > all > most recent post first
or
i could sort by handgun > revolver only > newest listing first
etc...

Changing it back is awesome but people that are selling a used gun for the same as new or $25 more than new because they have an extra mag or holster for it is not so awesome. I understand saving on tax and all but you already shot the thing 600 times! Newsflash* - bumping the ad 3-4 times means you need to lower your price or go put it on consignment somewhere.

Changing it back is awesome but people that are selling a used gun for the same as new or $25 more than new because they have an extra mag or holster for it is not so awesome. I understand saving on tax and all but you already shot the thing 600 times! Newsflash* - bumping the ad 3-4 times means you need to lower your price or go put it on consignment somewhere.

It's called capitalism. Ignore their post or if they don't state a "firm" price, PM them an offer. You would be surprised at what things actually go for...

-Mike

What's funny is that I hated the last RSS feeder system so much that I had stopped going there for many months, then not long before it changed again, I had just started getting used to it. Oh well, I still like this new, old way better, anyway.

Back
Top Bottom