• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NES Bullet Casting Seminar

Fair enough. I need to get approval at a meeting first.

Please keep in mind that our meetings are the 2nd Thursday of each month - so if we decided on, say, July 10th that we wanted to do it at Shirley, the earliest I could get approval would be on August 13th.

Sweet. I'm glad this is going in the right direction.
Are we all down with chipping in a few bucks for food?
I'll figure out something for food. Maybe some pulled pork. I can pick up the food from work and use a buddy's cookshack to smoke the pork. I figure that will be a pretty easy to do and also inexpensive meal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please add me to the list of interested attendees. I've been accumulating tools and supplies, but nothing beats a hands on demonstration.

Michael Spangler
asp
warwickben
DrBurnsides
Knob Creek
familyman15
Shootfirst
Houdini
J.A.C.
yogi
Flywheel

(11)

Let's try to have a rough head count to determine venue by 7/8. This thread will be almost a month old by then and I'm sure newcomers and stragglers can be added as necessary over the summer. I'd hate to tell someone 'no' when they are genuinely interested.

I am also interested. I can help out as needed, not a lot of knowledge but I figure someone has to lug around the heavy stuff....

My issue is having a bunch of ww but no pot or burner to smelt them in. I need to start with a gas checked bullet for the 7.7 arisaka.

I'm hoping that the schedule works out fine. We should be able to carpool over to Shooting Supply in Westport. He's a lee dealer and has just about anything you could need for casting bullets in stock> Might as well drag you guys into while you're all hot and bothered about casting

Michael Spangler
asp
warwickben
DrBurnsides
Knob Creek
familyman15
Shootfirst
Houdini
J.A.C.
yogi
Flywheel
Russel
01SVTvert

(13)

All the volunteering is greatly appreciated, thanks guys. I'm sure as it gets closer and we have a plan ironed out we'll be sure to tap you volunteers for one thing or another.

Last edited:
I'm interested if this is first or last wknd of sept. I'm out of state middle of the month. Thanks for putting this together. I can meet in Westport at shooting supply.

I'm definitely interested pending location. South East MA is a hike for me as well, but Shirley sounds like a good location... I thought I saw someone mention that location.

Last edited:
Michael Spangler
asp
warwickben
DrBurnsides
Knob Creek
familyman15
Shootfirst
Houdini
J.A.C.
yogi
Flywheel
Russel
01SVTvert
namedpipes
413dan - prefers Shirley
turbo89 - prefers Shirley
Bill Katt

(17)

Shootfirst, it would not be at Shooting Supply but it's not far from there.

Michael Spangler
asp
warwickben
DrBurnsides
Knob Creek
familyman15
Shootfirst
Houdini
J.A.C.
yogi
Flywheel
Russel
01SVTvert
namedpipes
413dan - prefers Shirley
Bill Katt

(17)

Shootfirst, it would not be at Shooting Supply but it's not far from there.
Yes I know I was responding to Michael J Spangler and meeting at shooting Supply in Westport. I think meeting there to pick up supplies is a good idea.

Shootfirst - My mistake, I missed that post.

Michael Spangler
asp
warwickben
DrBurnsides
Knob Creek
familyman15
Shootfirst
Houdini
J.A.C.
yogi
Flywheel
Russel
01SVTvert
namedpipes
413dan - prefers Shirley
Bill Katt
Kicker96FS - prefers Shirley

(18)

When my buddy, Kicker96FS was here visiting in November (pig hunting), we cast 2000 or so H&G #68 (200 grain SWC for 45 acp) and he shipped them home. And, Bob Johnson has given him some WW's....

Kicker has already caught the bug!! This is a perfect opportunity for him and others.

Interested if it held in Shirley.

Unless there is a surge in interest between now and early August, the plan will be to hold the seminar in SE MA. I apologize to those who expressed interest for participating only if it's at Shirley. Hopefully next time someone in that area will step up. Please confirm if you plan on attending even though it's not going to be held there.

I'm going to set the cap at 25 people not including instructors, of which there are presently 2 (Mike and myself). There may be a few people outside this board that want to attend and I will include their names on the list.

Michael Spangler
asp
warwickben
DrBurnsides
Knob Creek
familyman15
Shootfirst
Houdini
J.A.C.
yogi
Flywheel
Russel
01SVTvert
namedpipes
413dan - prefers Shirley
Bill Katt
Hardwired

(19)

We need to pick a date. Sundays are no good for Mike and I have a possible commitment on the 12th and a hard commitment on the 19th, so that leaves:

5th
27th

I would tend towards choosing the 27th. Early Sept tends to be quite warm still. Working with that much warm lead is no fun in the summer heat. Could probably also do the first weekend in October? What does everyone think?

I'm fine with the first weekend in October but I'll be gone from the 8th-12th so that weekend isn't good for me.

I spoke with the owner of shootingsupply in Westport and he's said we're all welcome to come by. He said he would also help out any way he can (he won't be able to come to the seminar though because the store is open that day)
This should be an awesome event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless there is a surge in interest between now and early August, the plan will be to hold the seminar in SE MA. I apologize to those who expressed interest for participating only if it's at Shirley. Hopefully next time someone in that area will step up. Please confirm if you plan on attending even though it's not going to be held there.

I'm going to set the cap at 25 people not including instructors, of which there are presently 2 (Mike and myself). There may be a few people outside this board that want to attend and I will include their names on the list.

Michael Spangler
asp
warwickben
DrBurnsides
Knob Creek
familyman15
Shootfirst
Houdini
J.A.C.
yogi
Flywheel
Russel
01SVTvert
namedpipes
413dan - prefers Shirley
Bill Katt
Hardwired

(19)

We need to pick a date. Sundays are no good for Mike and I have a possible commitment on the 12th and a hard commitment on the 19th, so that leaves:

5th
27th

I would tend towards choosing the 27th. Early Sept tends to be quite warm still. Working with that much warm lead is no fun in the summer heat. Could probably also do the first weekend in October? What does everyone think?

The 27th. or the first wknd of Oct. is good for me. Thanks guys for putting this together.

Do you guys ever do these in the US lol I would love to attend one but dont step foot behind the Iron Curtain. lol

Do you guys ever do these in the US lol I would love to attend one but dont step foot behind the Iron Curtain. lol

NO Lead wheel weights for you up there, who's behind the iron curtain now![smile]

I'm sure there's still much lead floating around up there. Although it won't be long before they finally get there way and ban lead everywhere IMHO

NO Lead wheel weights for you up there, who's behind the iron curtain now![smile]

I'm sure there's still much lead floating around up there. Although it won't be long before they finally get there way and ban lead everywhere IMHO

If I knew what a lead wheel wait was maybe I could agree with you. lol

I just spoke with the owner of HI-TEK coatings. We might also have a door prize from them.
If anyone isn't familiar with this product it's the coolest thing since sliced bread. Bayoubullets uses it along with other commercial casters to coat their bullets and therefore not need lube.
When you use this coating, your cast bullets with load and shoot like plated. It's awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VevKJgHseWc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU7PbbtbAtE

there are 2 videos on how the coating works. super fast and super clean.

I have over 300 hundred moulds mostly Lyman ,Ideal and RCBS I would be more than happy to lend a hand I live in the Fairhaven area if I can help out in anyway Michael shoot me a PM.

Back
Top Bottom